Search results

1. TheChatotMaestro

Direction Lock On A1 Red Carpet

I want to make a section where the player only moves in one direction down a hall, and cannot move backwards. I've locked their direction, and prevented up and down motion by preventing motion on the tile used for the floor above and below the path the player should move. I was going to use...
  2. TheChatotMaestro

Reset Character Position Upon Loading Game? (MV)

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/resetting-character-position-upon-loading-game.86789/#post-794811 Someone taught me how to do this in VX Ace with a script a long time ago. How is it done in MV?
  3. TheChatotMaestro

Long Game, Tiny Map - Can I Do Better?

The project I'm working on right now takes place entirely within one very small building. However, it's very long- taking place over the course of several weeks, with multiple scenes per day. Each of these scenes involves most if not all of the main cast of eight NPCs (plus some of the side...
  4. TheChatotMaestro

RGSS Decrypt Own Project

I'm getting the 'could not read enemy data' error, and I'm pretty sure the file is corrupted or something. The way I want to fix this is by getting a file from an old exported build... unfortunately, it's encrypted. Any way to get it out of the archive, or is it stuck for good? (I feel like I'm...
  5. TheChatotMaestro

Enemy Drops Multiple Of X

The base interface lets you set enemies to drop 1 item at a certain chance, and all the scripts I can find only let you up the limit from 3 different items to more than 3. Can anyone point me in the direction of a script that lets you set a drop of more than 1 thing? Say, 5 potions or 10 tokens...
  6. TheChatotMaestro

Permanent Equip

Any way to make an item that you equip and then can never unequip? Gotta be in the 'accessory' slot and still be able to equip armors and stuff.
  7. TheChatotMaestro

Remove Whole Party Regardless Of Member

Taking them away with the 'change party member' command is incredibly inefficient, because I want to remove all of them regardless of which members you have, and there are dozens of characters you can have in your party at any given time. Is there any way to just totally wipe your party before...
  8. TheChatotMaestro

Event Stops Moving

I set the event to make the player walk to the top of the screen. It's just over 80 tiles up, and while this is happening, the player character talks. After a while, though, the player stops moving. Before, I had roughly about the amount of move ups I thought I needed. (A lot.) I added a lot...
  9. TheChatotMaestro

Walking While Talking

What I want to have on screen is a character slowly walking to the top of the map while some text shows up. I figured out how to have the text appear on its own with no button presses using text commands, but what I need to know how to do is have the dialogue on screen while the character moves...
  10. TheChatotMaestro

Skill With Two Potential Outcomes

How do I make a skill that has a 50% chance of doing one thing, and a 50% chance of doing a different thing? (EG: 50% chance to raise MDef, 50% to raise PDef)
  11. TheChatotMaestro

Transferring Character Stats And Equip

I know how to toggle this, but I'm not sure what to do to make it happen. My plan is that when something happens in the game, one of your characters will be replaced with a different character. All the items you've equipped will transfer to the new character, and all the stats of the character...
  12. TheChatotMaestro

Resetting Character Position Upon Loading Game

Is there a way to make sure that whenever you load your game, no matter what you were doing or where you saved, you always start off in the same spot? (I don't want to make a save block, I want saving to still be a menu option.)
  13. TheChatotMaestro

Periodic Content Updates

I've looked everywhere for this, and I can't quite find what I need. I know how to 'update' the game- edit the game file and reexport, just like any file ever- but how would I go about providing the update to players while keeping their save files? My project will have an update every month...
  14. TheChatotMaestro

Random Character Draw

I want to implement a feature that, for a certain amount of currency: Randomly selects one of several characters from a list, some being rarer than others (80% R, 15% SR, 4% SSR, 1% UR, or some such percentage lineup) Plays an animation based on which character was selected (each one will have...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvake1543