Search results

1. Scribblestick

Battle GUI window sizing

Works perfectly! Thanks!
  2. Scribblestick

Battle GUI window sizing

I'm using SRD's Battle GUI Customizer. I want to put the Actor Command window at the top of the screen, with options appearing in a single row. For some reason, the window remains tall enough for four rows of text, even though I only want one. The same thing happens with the Party Command...
  3. Scribblestick

Battle HUD - How to make the default HUD disappear?

Never mind, I found a solution.
  4. Scribblestick

How many characters do you have total in your game?

Let's see. I have four party members, and that won't change. I have seven named ally NPCs at home base, as well as a handful of unnamed NPCs to flesh out the world. I have three named major antagonists, one named minor antagonist, and a bunch of disposable lackeys. I expect to add one or two...
  5. Scribblestick

How many times have you wanted to quit?

For me, the story is the most engaging. I can't pre-write with too much detail, because I know I will get bored with it when I'm bogged down in execution. So, a strategy that helps me get through big story projects (not just game development) is to create a bare-bones outline of major events and...
  6. Scribblestick

Progress Measurement, Disaster, Hot Potato, and Downfall

I'm working on my first project now, just working on it in my free time. Right now I don't measure progress in "time" so much as "levels finished." I know how many levels I want, and a story outline for most of them, so that gives me a decent estimate of how far along I am on that front.
  7. Scribblestick

How do you prefer to control music in your game?

Sort of depends on the type of level I'm building. I have a few levels where the same background music plays the whole time, so I just autoplay it and move on. Some levels are a bit longer, and having one song would get annoying, so I'll mix it up, either with new music for a mid-level boss or a...
  8. Scribblestick

Deleted half a map with important events

I've done that a few times. Luckily, it was usually the first thing I did after saving, so I was able to just reload and undo the damage. But, I'm definitely taking all this backup advice to heart!
  9. Scribblestick

Battle HUD - How to make the default HUD disappear?

I am building a custom HUD for my game using SRD's HUD maker, but there are a couple features I can't figure out how to implement, such as a glowing box that highlights the "active" character and icons that display for characters' current statuses (KO, poisoned, etc.). I came across Mr. Trivel's...
  10. Scribblestick

SRD HUD Maker - Elements appear when character is selected

I'm building a HUD using SumRndmDde's HUD Maker. I want to add an element that only appears when an actor is selected - for example, a glowing box that highlights which actor's turn it is, or when that actor is the target of an ability like a healing spell. I know I need to enter something in...
  11. Scribblestick

How to hide EXP from status menu

That looks promising. Thanks!
  12. Scribblestick

I tried out the SumRndmDde one, and it hid the EXP bar on the main menu screen (when it first opens), but doesn't touch the detailed EXP stats on the status screen: I can change the "EXP Total" and "EXP Next" text to whatever (or even leave them blank) but I can't get rid of the numbers, and...
  13. Scribblestick

The game I'm working on does not use EXP, so it makes no sense to display current EXP or how much EXP is needed to progress to the next level. I've thought about using some goofy flavor text (e.g. "Calories burned"), but it would be much easier just to hide the numbers entirely. How do I do that?
  14. Scribblestick

RMMV Death by Wyvern - Playable Demo (Warning: Some religious themes)

Updated 7/22 with revised driving mission.
  15. Scribblestick

RMMV Death by Wyvern - Playable Demo (Warning: Some religious themes)

Death by Wyvern (Working Title) SYNOPSIS My name is Abigail. For a long time, I've lived on my own, fending for myself in the Citadel's Alleys. But some problems, you just can't face them alone. When the Angels came through Judgment's Gate, it came down to a cleric in training, a mall ninja...
  16. Scribblestick

How to start your story?

I think the most important elements of a story opening are to give the player a compelling hook and a compelling character to follow. The "hook" is something interesting the player will want to learn about. For example, my current project opens with the following text: My name is Abigail. I'm a...
  17. Scribblestick

Gambling minigame - avoiding an obvious exploit

In my poject, I've created a simple gambling minigame between the player and an NPC. The game can be replayed indefinitely until the player lacks the funds to make a minimum bet. However, clever players can save between bets and just always bet the maximum, then reload the game if they lose...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MapleFoxEdit