rpg 2003

1. puubutt

2000 value vs 2003?

Hello! I've been asking around and looking at older forums that compare 2000value and 2003 and none really had working links or anything to help me, so I thought I would ask here! What is the general difference between the rpg maker 2003 and rpg maker 2000 value version? I know there's a price...
  2. bg400

Ok, I keep getting an error that I have yet to find a proper solution for....

It's for a remake of Mario game that was a made a long time ago. I've been able to open it up just fine before, but lately, whenever I try to load it up now, this happens. And no, this doesn't happen when I load the old game. Can anyone help me out?
  3. baklababe

Sprite not completely Transparent

For some reason when I imported my sprite sheet and got to the menu where you choose which color to be transparent it seems like it detected a different shade of green around the top and sides of the sprite. I'm at a bit of a loss of what I should do. Pictured below is what the sprite looks like...
  4. Can someone help me figure out this error while running the setup for a game made using RPG Maker 2003?

I've created the game installer successfully but when I run the set up from the newly created installer I get the error seen in the attached photo.
  5. bg400

I'm having trouble with an autorun event.

I making a remake of this one game, and there's this thing that happens where it transfers the player to another map and makes their sprite invisible for a cutscene. But when they get transferred there, the autorun event doesn't play. I've tried everything, from making it a switch event, to...
  6. TheFrozenPan

Character sheet help plz

I was making characters for my game with http://charas-project.net/charas2/index.php and it won't work no matter what I do, when I try to add the file it jut says invalid file size, Is there a way I can fix this? or a different character generator? I am using the steam version of Rpg maker 2003...
  7. Orka

RPG Maker 2k/3 RTP Battler Sprite Edits

Welcome! This is a collection of Battler sprites that I have edited over the years. Some of the old ones are a little bit low quality edits, since I threw them together in Paint, they are in the spoiler below. The rest of them have been made with more proper tools that I keep using, so as I go I...
  8. Help regarding walls and borders(?)

heya, i never expected to see myself posting on here when most of the questions i wanted to ask were already answered, but here i am regardless so, in a test project im working on, im trying to create a "border" effect along the walls, as shown in the screenshot below, courtesy of yume nikki...
  9. Doinathing

After a cutscene. Player can't move after Player Transfer. (SOLVED!)

EDIT: So uh, I fixed it. All I did was copy everything on the mpa to a new map, and it just worked. (vvvvvvvvvv SOLVED vvvvvvvvvv) I made a cutscene nwhere the screen fades, some dialogue happens, an image is shown, and the player is moved to the next map, but after the transfer, I can't move...
  10. Cachi01

RM2k/3 Eternity Dial -Demo Ver.-

About: A survival horror experience in which you'll attempt to win a place in the everlasting cycle of death and rebirth. Your surroundings are shaped by the memories and feelings of those who are no longer worthy of existence. Your task is to end them. Play through the entire first chapter of...
  11. JadedPeach

Fixing black screen on opening RPG Maker 2K3

I have just downloaded RPG Maker 2003 and the RTP, however when I open up a new project everything is black. I'm not sure how to fix this. Someone on a different forum I saw suggested going into the Database and putting the relevant chipsets into the tileset folder - but how do I do this...
  12. Help with the charset again

When I import the charset through the program, an error appears, but the fact is that I specified the correct encoding (8-bit RGB ). What is the reason for this?
  13. Need help with a charset

Hello. I'm having problems with the character’s charset. Who knows, write that I did wrong? P.S - I'm new to game development and don’t know much, please do not judge strictly
  14. Character Sprite made in Aseprite has white background despite file being shown as a transparent png

I haven't used much of 2k3 yet so I wanted to give it ago and made a pretty basic sprite sheet, with the correct dimensions, in Aseprite of this smiley face guy: When I went to put it in the folder to use it, the thumbnail in the database was just completely black and then came up as an...
  15. Faizal786sunny

some question

could you actually make a lisa gane on rpg maker mv and rpg maker 2000/2003? you can make an lisa game on xp and vx ace but what if making it on mv? since im trying to convert lisa into mv but i need to install rpg maker mv first
  16. Quoteman

FREE I need a Composer!!!

I'm Making my first Passion Project in RPG maker 2K3,its called "Guilt Trip" its a /visual novel/RPG its based off "Ace Attorney"and "Chrono Trigger". The game is about a 19 year old teenager named Henry Drago and his career as a attorney, and his lovely secretary Helen Law,here are some...
  17. AethiriatGames

Lori's Light [RM2K3]

LORI'S LIGHT RPG Maker 2003 https://aethiriatgames.itch.io/loris-light 2$ USD Credit Reel: Lori's Light is a game about a brave knight named Lori from another universe that falls from the sky, having no memory of where she came from, but is imbued with powers that can both mend by healing...
  18. No text anywhere

so i just got rpg maker 2003 and there is no text in game. the editor is just fine but the game has no text anywhere i made a small test game for me to experiment with but when i tested it i was greeted by this http://prntscr.com/mxlmn6 here are some other pictures i managed to take esc menu...
  19. SpecialHomerun

I need things, but i'm not sure if i'm blind or if RPG2003 just can't do them.

Hello all, I had some things that I needed to ask about because I wanted them to happen in my project, like the title says, i'm not sure if i'm just blind or if RPGmaker 2003 just can't do what I want it to. I have sprite sheets that are entirely just one character, with different outfits...
  20. Tw0Face

RM2k/3 ️Fields of Fire

Fields of Fire is a strategic city building game simulation with war elements focused primarily on managing and properly deploying resources. The game was originally published in German language and has been translated into English. It's best compared to games like Age of Empires or...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! I'm back :D

Snow White? More like Snowhere to be seen amiright? Hahaha I'm so sorry!! :kaocry:
I'm working on a modding system of my game and I screw the game up, so hard that I have to access my backup in my hard drive ;-;
Stop shutting the damn power down! Why always like this
Working on a slightly experimental horror game. It will be finished in approximately 88888888888 years.
Y'all will enjoy it though, I put lots of effort into making it stand out.

It's called Red Light and it's inspired by another obscure RPG Maker horror game, but I don't want to give too much away just yet.
Ohh man, Weapon animations plugin feels so mandatory. Seeing that same image regardless of the icon of the weapon....ugh :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felicato51