rpg maker 2003

1. Countdown Timer Not Working Properly.

Hello, I am currently making a game in RPG maker 2003 and I am trying to set up a sequence of events where when a timer is done counting down the game ends (pretty standard stuff.) However, I've tried many things and googled it and cannot seem to find a solution. There are a few things I have...
  2. bg400

Ok, I keep getting an error that I have yet to find a proper solution for....

It's for a remake of Mario game that was a made a long time ago. I've been able to open it up just fine before, but lately, whenever I try to load it up now, this happens. And no, this doesn't happen when I load the old game. Can anyone help me out?
  3. bg400

I'm having trouble with an autorun event.

I making a remake of this one game, and there's this thing that happens where it transfers the player to another map and makes their sprite invisible for a cutscene. But when they get transferred there, the autorun event doesn't play. I've tried everything, from making it a switch event, to...
  4. Platinum_CRuX

Simple RM2K3/FF-esque Windowskins for RPG MV/MZ

Hello all, first post here. I've created some simple windowskins for RPG Maker MV/MZ that are reminiscent of RPG Maker 2003/retro Final Fantasy. I'm sure there are windowskins out there similar or nearly identical to these, but I couldn't find any through googling, so I spent an hour or so...
  5. Parallax Panda

Parallax Mapping - center a picture?

Like the title says, I'm having problem centering a picture onto a map. I've tried the two most obvious solutions, being setting the picture at 0,0 (upper left corner). That would've worked in MV but it doesn't in RM2K3. Then I tried dividing the picture size by 2 and setting the picture that...
  6. Parallax Panda

White Screw Shop (Shiro neji-ya) material - legal?

I'd like to know if anyone knows if the RM2K3 resources (there are other resources on that website as well) on the "White Screw Shop" webpage are legal (made and shared by someone, and not rips?). White Screw Shop Website <--- linked website, it is in Japanese so I've requested the terms of use...
  7. Parallax Panda

Manics patch - is it "legal"?

So apparently there is this unofficial patch for RM2K3 that's called the "Manics patch". This is not some old hack that was made a long time ago but something more recent that was made after the engine was re-released on steam, as as we know they also patched the EULA when they did so. Allowing...
  8. Corfaisus

Tales from Zilmurik is now on Steam!

"All seek inner peace out of life, though the path and what exactly that peace details is something only we can decide for ourselves. Regardless if this be of the Divine or otherwise, all life strives towards an end that those who live might deem significant." ~ Vrenmasil The great hunger of...
  9. Comparison between 2003 and VX

Hello, I just want to know between these version. Besides of graphic and pricing, which one is better? The Game I want to made it will use lots of event. Is 2003 better because of retro style and standard option, and also lots of resource that I found in charas project website. Or VX with maybe...
  10. riggsbass

Creating a shadow overlay using pictures

Hi RPGMakerWeb! I'm working on a game that utilizes a hub worldmap (a modern city) and I want to create a picture layer of shadows for buildings. I've created the image using Photoshop and while the desired effect isn't quite there yet, I did run into a major problem. When I create an event...
  11. DarkKxng101

RPG 2000/2003 Tutorials

Hey found a website but it's in Japanese, once you translate it there is a ton of Tutorials on setting up your own Custom Menu Systems, Custom Battle Systems and Custom Title Screens, along with other event and picture related stuff and also how to do them with events as well. Link in spoiler...
  12. Low quality sprite on import.

So I bought RPG Maker 2003, I managed to get through the problem of importing the sprites, but now they are so low quality. How do I import my sprites while still retaining the details?
  13. PaintingWitch

Directshow Error (VFW_E_UNSUPPORTED STREAM) error when playing movies

(I'm still fairly new to RPG Maker 2003 after switching to it from XP, so I'm not really aware of many specific requirements when importing files of any sort.) So, I'm currently trying to play a movie for a cutscene in my game, but whenever I try to do so, I get an "unsupported stream" error...
  14. goldenhawk

Is RPG Maker 2003 able to run on Windows 10?

Is RPG Maker 2003 able to run on Windows 10? It’s just that it’s the only version of RPG Maker I can afford on steam and RPG Maker MV is priced at $115.95 on steam and RPG Maker 2003 is $28 on steam. I used to have RPG Maker MV on a different machine but I forgotten the activation key and that...
  15. DJ_Omnimaga

RM2k/3 Superstar Hero, futuristic action-RPG

SYNOPSIS IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS DOWNLOAD LINK
  16. Ameer

Why people think Rpg maker is limited

I used Rpg maker 2003 and honestly it was quite limited but in Mv you can do whatever you want using Javascript then why people still think it's limited
  17. MarcosMtParnasse

How do I turn on/off events for a faster playtest in 2k3?

Hello everybody! Everytime I want to playtest my game, I have to wait for the intro to finish. Every event I add, I have to wait for them too to get to the last point I developed. I know there is a fast way to playtest consisting on turning on/off events (or was it switches?) but I can't...
  18. Manik Rooster

Monster Catching and Recruitment

Hello all! in RPG MAKER 2003, Is it possible to make these two items: 1- An item that will allow certain monsters to be caught in certain battles(very similar to a Pokeball) and sent off to a farm to be put in your party from there? 2-An item that helps with chances to catch said monsters...
  19. Cronos

Saint Seiya Densetsu - Charset maker (RECRUIT)

Hello! The project for which I am recruiting is called Saint Seiya Densetsu. It is quite old and relatively famous. As the name says, the game takes place in the universe Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac). It began to be developed in the middle of 2002, 2003, by an Italian, in...
  20. Cronos

RM2k/3 Saint Seiya Densetsu - ABEL

Creator: Gabriel Cazotto Tool: RPG Maker 2003 Lenguage: English Based on Masami Kurumada's Saint Seiya. Current version, released on 26/03/2020, goes to Poseidon: Download: Click here! Official page link: https://www.facebook.com/ssdensetsu Just...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How comes, when you are fearful to log anywhere, that somebody close passed from COVID and you learn too late, you suddenly are mortified that others who almost share BDay dates didn't answer the art you made for them?
unknown.png
Trying to make some horror "Corpse Party" style tileset.
100 degrees here (38 degrees C) god I need ac
I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xduhsee