Important Update: Elemental Dungeon Tiles DLC! READ!

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Important update from Degica regarding Elemental Dungeons Tiles DLC.

Recently we discovered there are contents in “Elemental Dungeons Tiles” DLC pack that are too similar and possibly plagiarized from another creators DLC. After looking into the issue we made the difficult decision to stop selling Elemental Dungeons Tiles on all our platforms (Steam, rpgmakerweb and tkool). After close inspection of the issue we can’t support sales of assets that appear to have been plagiarized from another content creator. We take the protection of individuals copyrights and intellectual property very seriously and felt this measure was warranted and needed to protect the parties involved and prevent this from happening again in the future. We wish to extend our apologies to the affected parties and also our customers who have already purchased this DLC.

In terms of EULA, the license for this pack will be honored as is for purchases made on or before June 28 2019. Please read the revised and updated EULA (red text is updated):

If you bought this pack and wish for a refund please contact support@rpgmakerweb.com.

We appreciate your ongoing support and will do our best to ensure our customers are protected from this happening again in the future.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
May I ask in what way were they plagiarized? Did they make the Dungeon tiles in the likeness of the REFMAP Tiles, or did they directly take them from REFMAP and edit them? Im asking out of curiosity, and also because if they plagiarized them why are we still crediting Shirman3D?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know the exact details (would have to ask our current art director) but I do know they are not identical to the REFMAP tiles. Also, not all of the tiles in the pack are affected by the issue.

Elliott404

NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait amin, isn't that one of Sherman 3D's tiles? Or does it belong to someone else?
EDIT: will this affect the rest of Sherman 3D tilesets?

Last edited:

CinnamonRai

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Steam refuses to refund and I don't know how to find my product key on steam to request a refund from the email above.
Is there any hope for me to get the money back? I don't want to support plagiarized content even with the option of the updated EULA.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Steam refuses to refund and I don't know how to find my product key on steam to request a refund from the email above.
Is there any hope for me to get the money back? I don't want to support plagiarized content even with the option of the updated EULA.
Just send an email to the support email, we'll figure out how to handle it.

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Had to find out real quick how to request a refund. Hopefully they give me one. I had gotten that awhile back. >.<

Edit: Nope they won't refund it, because I spent more than two hours on it. :/ So what do I do?

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Lunarflame Since you mention two hours, I assume you tried refunding on Steam? If so, just send an email to support here (see first post).

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@slimmmeiske2 Ah yes. Forgive me. I should have mentioned its launched from Steam. Thank you though for deducing it quickly.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Inform steam to allowed users to refund the dlc, despite beyond refund requirements. so they can honor the refund.

Amane Kagari

Knight Regalius of Regisia Kingdom
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Inform steam to allowed users to refund the dlc, despite beyond refund requirements. so they can honor the refund.
Well, getting Steam to listen is really another thing. Steam isn't known to be fond of refunds of any kind (like many digital download stores).
Sending Degica a copy of your (Steam) receipt/purchase confirmation (which should be found in the email that you've registered your Steam account with unless you've deleted the email. (It's always good practice to keep (in a special saved email folder or via screenshots) whatever digital receipts or confirmations of purchases of any kind just in case something like this happens since account records tends to disappear over time.)) and/or a screenshot of your purchased DLCs to see what Degica can do about a refund (as the staffs suggests) would probably be a less painful option. Even if Steam approves some sort of refunds, it may only be partial. So definitely contacting Degica support would be the best option.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From what tileset, or tilesets, was the "Elemental Dungeons Tiles" pack plagiarized? Just curious since I was interested in the content and wish to support the original creator(s).

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since I already have the REFMap stuff that is officially sold through Degica AND the Elemental Dungeon Tiles, do I need to give them up? I actually have some faith in Sherman3D, I mean they/he has been around a very long time too.

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I knew of sherman 3d from a very long time ago. I met him on a website called ghostplace.com when I was into the paranormal, and we had a short friendship through there. When I first met him though he had a different name, but I didnt want to make an accusation without evidence.

This seems to be enough evidence to say that the sherman3D I used to know also went by the name Hanzo Kimura.

Do I know if this is the same Sherman3d I knew? No, but its not the most common name.

Peva

Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I have some questions about this.

I purchased this in July, 2018. Yes, over a year ago. I requested a refund and was told I couldn't get one because I purchased it through Steam. Steam said they couldn't refund it because I've used it for 800+ hours. Also, it's STILL ON STEAM, AND ON SALE RIGHT NOW. So I can't get a refund OR use it, and in addition to that, MORE PEOPLE CAN BUY IT RIGHT NOW?

On another note, what parts of it were plagiarized? Can I just not use those parts?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems to be enough evidence to say that the sherman3D I used to know also went by the name Hanzo Kimura.
IF it is the same, it would explain a lot.

Elliott404

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait. If Sherman 3D is Hanzo, does that mean all of his tilesets are applied to be plagirized too?

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wait. If Sherman 3D is Hanzo, does that mean all of his tilesets are applied to be plagirized too?
if its the same person, then I would say so, but I cant confirm that they're the same person, just that the sherman3d i knew used both names.

Elliott404

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw-
I hope not.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elliott404 I think the truth may lie in the other direction. I believe there is a distinct possibility that "our" Sherman3D is actually Sherman Chin, and that the whole thing is more than likely just happenstance. Considering the pedigree of Sherman Chin, I would find it "out of character" for there to be purposeful plagiarism. (Not accounting for employees, of course)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aotaru