◄Journey Battle System v.03►(Tankentai translation project)

Blue Darkpurr

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
huh...remove your "NO_COLLAPSE" and it should work
With or without "NO_COLLAPSE", it still happens. It even targets enemies that have been KO'ed before the turn the attack is executed (the animation takes place where the enemy used to be).

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
With or without "NO_COLLAPSE", it still happens. It even targets enemies that have been KO'ed before the turn the attack is executed (the animation takes place where the enemy used to be).
strange....I will speak of that with elise-chan I thinks it can be a bugs

EDIT : the nex update will be release soon..I just sent the update to elise-chan ....sorry for waiting~

Lady-Elise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
I will translate the script part... Might take a wile though >_<!
On a side note: Feel free to come with Ideas that you want Nio or me to make a tutorial on and i'll do my best

to help!

@Darkpurr: I will look into this.

@Hino: Do you still need help with the camera?? 

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I will translate the script part... Might take a wile though >_<!

On a side note: Feel free to come with Ideas that you want Nio or me to make a tutorial on and i'll do my best

to help!

@Darkpurr: I will look into this.

@Hino: Do you still need help with the camera?? 
thanks you my dear Elise <3

and yes don't hesit to comme with idea for help us to improve your pleasure to use Tankentai!

innoccence

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay. Weird question time. I know the default "MOVE_TARGET" has:

- an X of 0

- a Y of 0

- and an H of 0

And I know by editing the action, you can change where the actor is drawn based on the numbers you input. That's awesome, it really is, BUT... Is there any way to define the middle of the target's Y as the default Y that an actor would run to? I've tried replacing the Y with Graphics.width, but that just makes it go everywhere. Here's some images explaining what I'm asking in a little more visual detail:

Here is the default position the actor's run to on an enemy's battler image. It's defined as a location of 0 Y

Here is the location I'm hoping to get things to go to by default. Is there a way to grab the enemy's battler dimensions and just half it?

For instance, let's say a battler image is 80 x 100, is there a call like battler.height/2 that I could use so that the character goes to whatever half of the Y value of the battler image dimensions is? I'm sorry if this question is kind of confusing, but any help would be amazing. :D I'm working with custom artwork for my battlers, and it looks weird when the character runs to the far bottom right corner of every enemy's image.

Thank you in advance :D

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
indeed it is pretty strange question well if I understand you want the character to move to a specific place right well you go in MOVE and find MOVE to target and modify this

innoccence

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay. I'll just have to change things up for certain battlers then. Thank you. :)

innoccence

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a part in the script that allows a battle sursor like in the VX editor? One that would point to which enemy or ally you're slecting when choosing a skill or target to attack. I looked through the script and didn't find anything. Here's what it looked like:

I only ask because it's a little hard to determine which enemy is which sometimes in my project. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady-Elise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Interesting idea! I see if i can find something to do this ^.^

innoccence

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a skill to move the position of an enemy battler when you hit them? Like pushing them backwards or tossing them upwards?

sleepingnamja

Big Pimpin'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there going to be Yanfly compatibility in the next version?

Lady-Elise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
@sleepingnamja: I have no plans for this as of yet :/

@Innoccence: You can force the target to perform actions by using "FORCE_ACTION", followed by a action sequence!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Is there going to be Yanfly compatibility in the next version?
I Work on it the Yanfly is almost compatible with tankentai!

Is there a part in the script that allows a battle sursor like in the VX editor? One that would point to which enemy or ally you're slecting when choosing a skill or target to attack. I looked through the script and didn't find anything. Here's what it looked like:

I only ask because it's a little hard to determine which enemy is which sometimes in my project. Thanks in advance!
Hum IF I remember it exist cursor script compatible with tankentai but I will try to work on this for make custom cursor who work specially for tankentai

EDIT : I worked on Yanfly battle system compatibility..and I saw the popup rule is strangely build  who make the script crash due the fact of the Battler.screen_x line I try to find a way to make it compatible

Erics

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been messing around with Tankentai for a while now and mostly figured out a bunch of things while fooling with the JP script, but this is just fantastic, so big kudos Elise for bringing this into an english translation. I have mostly everything I would want figured out, except a few things, which I can hope you can make a tutorial or answer for me. 

The only things I need help with, happen in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfsXowTWFPs

Which commands are used to force the enemy into another screen, like it does there, giving it another new background while the skill is going on. Like the skill when the enemy is knocked into the air, and it gives the blue background. I know I would need to put the blue background in myself into one of the background folders, I just don't know the commands to create skills such as that, where they knock the enemy off screen and follow while attacking. Unless that video isn't using tankentai. Thanks in advance :) !

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I've been messing around with Tankentai for a while now and mostly figured out a bunch of things while fooling with the JP script, but this is just fantastic, so big kudos Elise for bringing this into an english translation. I have mostly everything I would want figured out, except a few things, which I can hope you can make a tutorial or answer for me. 

The only things I need help with, happen in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfsXowTWFPs

Which commands are used to force the enemy into another screen, like it does there, giving it another new background while the skill is going on. Like the skill when the enemy is knocked into the air, and it gives the blue background. I know I would need to put the blue background in myself into one of the background folders, I just don't know the commands to create skills such as that, where they knock the enemy off screen and follow while attacking. Unless that video isn't using tankentai. Thanks in advance :) !
Ho...my I don't understand anythings...but I will assume you want to force to change the background with a special commands right?

Erics

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ho...my I don't understand anythings...but I will assume you want to force to change the background with a special commands right?
Not only that, but also have a skill knock an enemy into "another screen" I guess you could say, which would then I would force change the background.

I'll try to explain. The actor hits the enemy off the current screen where the other actor and battlers are present. The attacking actor follows the battler that was attacked off screen, thus where I would force change the background. The final attack from the skill then would hit the battler back to the starting screen with the other battlers and actors, which I would have the original background appear again.

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bloody hell, how do you even DO things like that.  I just felt my brain explode from watching that.  Gah... I've got a ways to go yet.  As far as I can tell, looks like the actions tags might be an extremely complex picture/background skill with animations that had to have been finetuned for that one skill.

Evil Overlord

The Evil Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The time has come! Go, my fell legion! Show these fools what it means to truly have power to be feared! Let the people's desperate cries fill the air!

- Cyclops -

HP: 1024 MP: 98

ATK: 214 DEF: 173

INT: 58 AGI: 87

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poppiota