◄Journey Battle System v.03►(Tankentai translation project)

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I in fact downloaded this script and used the demo to try it out for myself.  Though most battle systems are beyond me and my skill level with the editor, I found it to be a nicer experience and fairly easy to use by back tracking through the set characters.

*throws pokeball at Cyclops* 

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
well I don't know how to settle this command....I think if I understand you can do this by the CHanging background option not sure but...I think Elise is more advise for answer this..

SHe have more experience of me in Skill construction

@palladinthug : i am glad you apreciate the script id me and elise take time to update  and yes the script is fearly easy to use most of the time just take a long time to make the setup

------

Nio just notice the big monster and...

SUmmon is two monster and 

send 

so normally I am supposed to hit -150 with my demons D:! pers ball I guess?

Last edited by a moderator:

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I tried this system out, it was great. I loved how everything was preset.

Throws one measly ball at the Cyclops's eye. There you have a new view of the world :p

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I'd need help to implement this script right, but otherwise it looks nifty! 

Also, that Cyclop looks awesome. Nervously tosses a Loveball at it 

Argh, only 1 left. What do I do when the balls run out? ;D

Ralph

Retired Badass
Restaff Lead
Reaction score
First Language
Fantasy Heroics
Buy in the demon hunters thread! and Congrats...this dude is dead ._.

Lady-Elise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Eh?! I don't know what happened but yay! O^o??
As for the video, these skills can be done in Journey, although the creator of the video
is very experienced with the system... 

Anyway, these kind of movements require great knowledge of the system. Will most likely
do a tutorial about these things... just don't know on which tutorial to start >.<

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Eh?! I don't know what happened but yay! O^o??

As for the video, these skills can be done in Journey, although the creator of the video

is very experienced with the system... 

Anyway, these kind of movements require great knowledge of the system. Will most likely

do a tutorial about these things... just don't know on which tutorial to start >.<
a funy event happened xD

but yes you should begin how to settle their Graphics pattern xD?

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Er, well, if I can make a suggestion as far as tutorials go?  Perhaps we could start a thread with user submitted skills and how to make them?  there's free video recording software (albeit with a watermark) I use called Bandicam to record, so perhaps we can set up something similar, so the end user can see the process and the fruits of their hard work?  I think it'd be a good way for everyone to get inspiration for other skills and help each other learn as a result.

innoccence

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay soooo.... I have a wee issue with the whole 'FORCE ACTION' / "target('Action')" thing.

I have my action that I want the enemy to perform to lift them up into the air and have them be knocked back. When I use "target('LIFT_UP')", it lifts the enemy in the air and then resets them to their normal position almost instantly. I want the enemy to be knocked back and then pause in that spot until I tell it to go back to it's normal position. Am I doing something wrong? Here's the action info for the LIFT_UP command:

"LIFT_UP"        => ["move", 0,  80,   0,   0, -40,   0, [  20,  -20], "MOVE_LEFT"],
However when I call my action sequence, it still instantly resets the enemy instead of having them hold that position, which should be 80 pixels to the left. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :D

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
did you set up the ''last'' position at the good place?

Lady-Elise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
@squallstorm: What do you mean exactly??

Last edited by a moderator:

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, I was about to sleep when I typed that.  I was suggesting that we could have more of a wiki that anyone can edit dedicated to Tankentai, with the express purpose of action tags, their setups and their functions.

sleepingnamja

Big Pimpin'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't want to be that guy, but I'm dying to know when the next version is coming out because I really like this script and wish it was compatible with Yanfly Core Engine.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I don't want to be that guy, but I'm dying to know when the next version is coming out because I really like this script and wish it was compatible with Yanfly Core Engine.
originally it almost all compatible with yanfly just the scrolll command don't work with it

sleepingnamja

Big Pimpin'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh ok. Well. I have a problem right now.

I'm trying to edit the camera zoom so that the battle background isn't zoomed in.

I'm doing this by setting the value of "Time" and "Zoom"  as 0 in the "Battle_Camera" section.

But when I do this, the battlers are small, like they're zoomed out.

How do I make them into normal size?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
don't settle to 0 but 40 and put the time to  0

the battle camera should be alright

sleepingnamja

Big Pimpin'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So in the battle camera, I set the time to 0 and the zoom to 40 in all 3 of the "Camera(field)" keys.

And I got this.

I want the battle background to be like this, but the battlers look like they're zoomed out, and I want them to be in the normal size,

like this:

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, would anyone have any idea which section character transparency would be under?  I have a set of skills for an assassin in which they seem to disappear and reappear instantly.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So in the battle camera, I set the time to 0 and the zoom to 40 in all 3 of the "Camera(field)" keys.

And I got this.

I want the battle background to be like this, but the battlers look like they're zoomed out, and I want them to be in the normal size,

like this:

you can do a zoom for the actor  check the zoom option in the setup and input the zoom in the iddle setting of the actor it will make the actor sprite correctly

So, would anyone have any idea which section character transparency would be under?  I have a set of skills for an assassin in which they seem to disappear and reappear instantly.
Opacity option in setup section

and you idea of tutorial seem interesting 

sleepingnamja

Big Pimpin'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm sorry, but I've been looking all over the script and I can't find what you're talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vulgourso