◄Journey Battle System v.03►(Tankentai translation project)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Lady-Elise, Apr 3, 2014.

1. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hm. Password doesn't work for me?

2. ディーノス

ディーノス Make a new destiny! Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    like i said the password is "Deempty" or "deempty" i forgot the exact password lol :p

BCj likes this.
  3. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    deempty worked ;)

4. Jennestia

Jennestia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Japanese
    Sorry for the bump I do have a question - My characters will attack twice (basically like they're dual wielding) as well as the enemies - The only thing changed were to create "stationary" characters like older turn based RPGs. Would that have something to do with it?

5. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    hee...can you be more specific? your description is unclear and not enough detailled

6. Jennestia

Jennestia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Japanese
    Hard to describe in english so got translation help sorry ^^ ..basically if a character or enemy attacks they'll attack twice like they're dualwielding (using 2 weapons) even though they're only using 1 weapon. The only script modification I did was add a way to keep the enemies/players from moving to the target, basically like older JRPGs like Final Fantasy VI.

My question was, could having them remain stationary instead of moving to the target cause them to double attack? It even happens in a new project file so I'm not sure if it's the specific version of this script that might have a bug in it (I got it from VXACE forums but was told to ask here.)

7. SerpentRose

SerpentRose Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I get that error too, actually, and my character moves up to the enemy. He has a 2-handed sword equipped, and the animation only has one swing. However, damage is popping up twice instead of once per strike.

nio kasgami likes this.
  8. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    hum seem a noticeable bug I will check that when I get time but I can't promise people to be able to upload the version since Elise-chan is totally inactive now I will ask to a mod to let me the permission to create a dummit topics where's for upload  all the updates of tankentai 

sorry the v.0.4 never come ...it seem Lady-Elise is not active (or to much occupy)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  9. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    guys nothing's wrong happen with me 

the animation play only one time are you sure you don't bad setup your skill configuration?

10. SerpentRose

SerpentRose Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok, you're right, I did a stupid. XD I had my character's sword set up as Dual Wield, instead of Seal Equip: Shield, since it's a 2-handed sword. It hadn't been an issue before. Fixed now.

nio kasgami likes this.
  11. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    I seemed Cooperation skill seem inexistant in the tankentai Ace I asked directly to Enu for a update of his script 

so if after he made this add-ons I will surelly have to translate how this work and to add it to the english version

12. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    UPDATE : 

Currently working on the translation of the system part should be fully enable at the version v.0.5 (Bêta)

also I begin to work on the construction of a website for handle all the update and add some tutorial 

I also work on a Manual for help people to finally understand HOW  to USE Journey to his full power.

I also work on some new update for the version v.0.5 

the v.0.4 will be publish soon 

sadly lady-Elise is not  really active so I can't hope to update the main topics

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  13. Blacklst

Blacklst Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Hi Guys. plz help. How can I change the transparency of all the actors or enemies when using a skill, not a single use. thx

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  14. mandalorianjedi

mandalorianjedi Dark Lord of Potato Member

First Language:
    Engrish
    I posed this question somewhere else and was directed here.

I am pretty familiar with Tankentai / Journey (eng version) battle system, but I've been trying to do something for a while now that I can't seem to do.
    Everything else is fine. I've set up custom animations for attacks and custom states, equipped enemy battlers with animations and weapons, and I am quite happy with it.
    Except you can't really tell who is attacking when you are choosing what to do. Unless you memorize everyone's skills right away and check every turn, it can be confusing to play. I'm not sure which
    def id it is to set that. I would like to set it as something simple like a my custom

"TINT_select"

which I set up for them to flash when you select their actions. But again, my problem is that I do not know where to place that. I've done trial and error and have not found much luck in this. When I find it, I may get them to step forward too.

15. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    so in simple you want to know when you selecting someone wich target you select? 

16. mandalorianjedi

First Language:
    Engrish
    Yes, pretty much. When it is an actor's turn, an ID to set what they do while you select their attacks.

17. atolmasoff

atolmasoff Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Long time RPG Maker User (Since RM2k). Always dabbling in it, and feel comfortable with it.

Just got this in and running, getting familiar with it now.

If you're ever interested in help, I can do my best. Dying to see this fully translated, and get a good how-to setup going. Obviously gonna work on figuring it out myself, but stoked to see your new releases.

Thank you for all the great, hard work!

18. mandalorianjedi

First Language:
    Engrish
    I've been playing with the concept of making actors collapse, using this

#===============================================================================# ● State stance settings#=============================================================================== def state(state_id) case state_id when 1 return "NORMAL_COLLAPSE" when 2 return "POISON_STANDBY" when 6 return "SLEEP_STANDBY" when 3,4,5,7,8 return "BADSTATE_STANDBY" when 27 return "BurnSTATE_STANDBY" when 28 return "FrozenSTATE_STANDBY" when 9 return "GUARD_STANDBY" when 60 return "CHARM_STANDBY" end endbut when they are revived, it messes up. They have some tint and face downward, while changing them into the 1-1 of their character sheet. I fixed part of it by making separate character sheets for each actor, but the rest still stands. The battle function works fine, but the graphic looks bad. It doesn't change from that front view for the rest of the battle. I guess the script never anticipated reviving battlers who had been collapsed.

Would anyone know how to correct this?

**EDIT: I have corrected this by switching actor collapse back to "DEATH," editing the "KO" tag to remove the import of a "_1" and with Victor's Custom Collapse script by using the note tag:

<custom collapse>
    duration: 60
    [60] sound: "Collapse1"
    [60] blend: 1
    [60] fade
    </custom collapse>

on all actors. thank you to anyone who looked into this.
    Lots of playing around with scripts, but it works. :3

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  19. DrakeValentine

DrakeValentine Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    this battle system is so great , i want to use it , but cannot script .Have only a friend who could do this .But he has no much time .

Anyone out there wo could make pls a new project with this battle system in it and then upload for me ? and maybe . like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvpIFwqZuc

, some battle character sprites ,

Hopefully for it .

Thank you 

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  20. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    wait what? no need of victor for that the system handle custom dead and they don't have error for what you said this simply you who not make  the configuration alright

and you don't settle the row setting alright the character row setting is settle for 3,4 character sheet!

also for having a custom dead you need to spare them with the case id section 

please do not use our topic to me and elise for recrute people for help you in your project :/  that's a SUPPORT section for people who have difficulty with the script or notice bug

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    DrakeValentine likes this.