◄Journey Battle System v.03►(Tankentai translation project)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Lady-Elise, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Tatsude K. Hitori

Tatsude K. Hitori Vrillian Veteran

First Language:
    English
    After taking a screenshot of it, I realize now that it's actually one animation rapidly changing places so fast that it appears to be 2 in different spots.

But I still don't know how this happens exactly.

Alternating.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  2. Zacyia

Zacyia Ambition Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have several skills that apply states, and none of the states are being applied. After looking over the script I notice two sections that have me worried:

#===============================================================================
    # ● Action keys: Conditional branch(State).
    #===============================================================================
    #
    # Type ► Always 'n_3', do not change this.
    #
    # Target  ►for which you want to apply the condiditions to
    #         ►[0=self] [1=target] [2=all enemies] [3=allies] [4=everyone] [5=random target]
    #
    # State ID ► The database ID of the state that you want to use.
    #
    # Conditions ► [0=if state is not apply'd] [1=if state is apply'd].
    #
    # Number of persons ► Amount of targets that need to fufill the conditions.
    #
    # Branch ► branch processing, for when the condition is met.
    #        ►[0=perform following actions] [1=cancel following actions] [2=Exit full action]
    #► Branch(state)keys             type    target  ID   Con.   NoP  branch
      "IF_KO"             => ["n_3",   1,    1,    0,     1,   1],

# ● Action keys: Conditional branch(State).
    #
    # Type ► Always 'n_4', do not change this.
    #
    # Target ► for which you want to apply the condiditions to
    #        ►[0=self] [1=target] [2=all enemies] [3=allies] [4=everyone] [5=Random target]
    #
    # Skill ID ► The database ID of the skill
    #
    # Conditions ► [0=skill is usable] [1=skill is unusable]
    #
    # Number of persons ► Amount of targets that need to fufill the conditions.
    #
    # Branch ► branch processing, for when the condition is met.
    #        ►[0=perform following actions] [1=cancel following actions] [2=Exit full action]
    #► Branch(skill)keys     type   target   ID      Con.     NoP     Branch    
      "SHOCK_USABLE"       => ["n_4",  0,   80,    0,    1,   0],

From the looks of things, it seems like this is a "if the skill hits apply state 100%". I dont want that... I would like to have it set to where I have a skill called "Burn Hammer" and if it hits it has a 30% chance of appling a state called "Burn". I am not sure how to make this work seeing as it only looks to give me either a 0% or 100% chance to apply.

3. omfgkevin

omfgkevin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I was wondering what I might be doing wrong with skills? None of my skills that I'm making make the actor walk up to the enemy to attack? (they simply just "cast" the skill). What am I doing wrong? Do I have to make an action sequence for each individual skill?

4. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Short answer: Yes.

5. Jeneeus Guruman

Jeneeus Guruman The Returnee Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    From the looks of things, it seems like this is a "if the skill hits apply state 100%". I dont want that... I would like to have it set to where I have a skill called "Burn Hammer" and if it hits it has a 30% chance of appling a state called "Burn". I am not sure how to make this work seeing as it only looks to give me either a 0% or 100% chance to apply.
    You don't need to look and modify your scripts. You just need to go to the database and go to that specific skill. Double click the vacant part on the "Effects" part and click the "State" tab then "Add State". Select which state you want to add and put the chance there.

As for that "Burn Hammer", just "Add State" the "Burn" with 30% chance in the database and not the script.

Or maybe you didn't put "ANIME_TARGET", "DAMAGE_ANIME", or anything similar in the action sequence?

6. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    simply you not maked any action sequence for the skill so yes this normal they just cast the skill.

people :

this battle system is not a plug'n play it's require to customize it so if you want a battle system who everything's is premade  journey system is not for you 

7. Tatsude K. Hitori

Tatsude K. Hitori Vrillian Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've tried to make a battle processing event to start a battle for the player, but the battle music does not play? It plays normally however for random battles.

8. Milena

Milena The woman of many questions Veteran

First Language:
    Irish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Bump, still wondering how these sprites : http://p3x774.web.fc2.com/

would work in Journey. The documentation explanation is vague, no examples whatsoever.

9. dtch

dtch Jack Of All Trades Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm having two problems so far with this battle system.

One, when I go to use a special attack I get the error:

Script 'Journey System' line 1519: NoMethodError occurred.undefined method 'frame_max' for nil:NilClass
    The second problem is more of a question. How can I set the enemy characters to be a sprite (instead of a static battler) like the actors? 

Here is how it looks right now:

[​IMG]

10. mandalorianjedi

mandalorianjedi Dark Lord of Potato Member

First Language:
    Engrish
    I am seeing a not of comments and questions that have been answered a few times already. But first thing is first: IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND A THING ABOUT SCRIPTING, YOU SHOULD NOT BE USING IT. It is not a plug and play. There is a lot of work to do to make it work for your game, and that involves understanding scripting.

I am seeing a lack of support however on this thread, so I'll throw in my 2 cents where I can. Warning, I am no expert with scripting, but I can answer questions.

In the Journey Configuration script starting on line 37, you'll see:

#===============================================================================# ► Enemy setting# When ► The database ID of the enemy.# Return ► The character-set dimensions.#===============================================================================           when -1      return [ 1, 1]    else      return [ 3, 4] if id > 0      return [ 1, 1] if id < 0    end  endThe journey system recognizes heroes as positive numbers, and enemies as negative numbers. When it says:

return [ 3, 4] if id > 0 return [ 1, 1] if id < 0it is defining id > 0 (being anything 1 or higher, meaning all playable characters) are defined with a sprite sheet at 3 x 4.
    It is also defining the id < 0 (being -1 or under, aka enemies) are defined on a sheet of 1 x 1.
    You can fix it to your spritesheets by changing the [1,1] into [3,4]. Essentially, you want it to say:

#===============================================================================# ► Enemy setting# When ► The database ID of the enemy.# Return ► The character-set dimensions.#=============================================================================== when -1 return [ 3, 4] else return [ 3, 4] if id > 0 return [ 3, 4] if id < 0 end endLet me know if that worked.

dtch likes this.
  11. mandalorianjedi

First Language:
    Engrish
    Bump, still wondering how these sprites : http://p3x774.web.fc2.com/would work in Journey. The documentation explanation is vague, no examples whatsoever.I do not know the extent of your scripting knowledge nor do I know what you want in your game, but you should be able to experiment by setting the Journey configuration. Though you shouldn't be trying this unless you have a good understanding of scripting. Otherwise you may want to consider hiring someone to do this for you.

#===============================================================================# ► Actor setting# When ► The database ID of the actor.# Return ► The character-set dimensions.#=============================================================================== case id when 1 return [ 3, 4]Change it to:

#===============================================================================# ► Actor setting# When ► The database ID of the actor.# Return ► The character-set dimensions.#=============================================================================== case id when id > 0 #<- this will say any id that isn't negative, aka no enemies, will have a sprite sheet of 4 x 4 return [ 4, 4]If you want enemies to be the same, go for

#===============================================================================# ► Actor setting# When ► The database ID of the actor.# Return ► The character-set dimensions.#=============================================================================== case id when 1 return [ 4, 4]#===============================================================================# ► Enemy setting# When ► The database ID of the enemy.# Return ► The character-set dimensions.#=============================================================================== when -1 return [ 4, 4] else return [ 4, 4] if id > 0 return [ 4, 4] if id < 0 end end This will make enemies also seek 4 x 4 spritesheets, which the sprites you linked are.

Now the problem is that they are a number of sprite sheets. You will have to customize your Battle Setup script to identify what sheet opens for what situation. By default, the RPG maker is programed to load them from the normal files, unless you tell it to open a specific file. You will have to experiment with that on your own, as I do not have time to program everyone's projects for them, and odds are, I'd mess it up anyway. Hope that helps.

12. mandalorianjedi

First Language:
    Engrish
    Need more information. I don't think this is actually Journey related, but maybe it is.

In the event you can try adding a Change Battle BGM in your event command just before the battle. If you DID do that, try Play BGM to your battle music and then Change Battle BGM to the same song. It should override things to forcing it to play.

Without more information, there is really nothing we can do for you.

Forgive my double posting :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  13. dtch

dtch Jack Of All Trades Member

First Language:
    English
    @mandalorianjedi

That did fix it. Thank you. However, you did not have to say "IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND A THING ABOUT SCRIPTING, YOU SHOULD NOT BE USING IT."

I know that this script is not plug and play. I knew that the fix was somewhere within Enemy Settings. I just didn't know how to fix it. I thank you again for your help but in the future please remember a little courtesy goes a long way.

14. mandalorianjedi

First Language:
    Engrish
    That wasn't directed to you. That was a general statement to everyone who keeps asking the same questions expecting people to script everything for them.

nio kasgami and dtch like this.
  15. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    Okai guys noticed some little issue of translation in the Battle Camera from Elise she's inverted some terms for the configuration here the new translation 

#► Camera(field) keys type target Coord-Adjust zoom,time#example : #"camera_field" => ["keys", 6, [ target, coord_Adjust], zoom, time],and for the fact I target someone noo I don't target anyone here it's general try to understand getting pm like 10 tens for the sames and sames question who get answered in the thread can be annoying 

anyways for people who have difficulties to the camera manipulation it's my bad and elise she's made a little error but now it's will works fine

16. DarkImpetus

DarkImpetus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I'm relatively new to RPG Maker and I'm currently using this battle system as it seems very flexible in what you can do with it, so far looking over most of this topic people have come across and fixed most of the things I was also curious about. I've been more or less able to work out and solve everything else through trial and error with the skills and such. 

There is one thing I'm stuck on and haven't been able to fathom how to do it, nor have I seen or recall seeing someone on this topic mention it. I could be wrong and just not looked properly or not seen it so apologies if that's the case. 

Basically I've got this skill that I want to launch the enemy into the air with, like a tornado. It seems as if I'm able to freely move and utilize what the caster of the skill does but I have no idea how to control what the target can do. Is it possible to have a skill like that? Because it'd be cool if I can have a few skills that throw the enemy around like a rag doll. 

17. BardAaron

BardAaron Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I feel sorry for bringing this up again, as I know it has been brought up before, but so far, I have not understood what do do about these issues.

Like others, I am having trouble with animating enemies.  I know to add the id (as a negative) under def max_pattern, and got it to display a single sprite correctly, though not "animated" as such.  Just standing still.  After taking some damage, it started to move. 

The problem is this:

When attacking, the enemy is facing backwards. 

I edited the STANDBY_FIX as such

"STANDBY_FIX"      => ["motion",   "",    2,   1,   0,   12,   0, true, true, "" ],

and thereby got the sprite to face forward while standing still.  I don't know how to make it stay facing the right way when attacking, or how to make it animate before taking significant damage.

I tried changing "WAIT" above it, switching 1 for 2 in the same slot, but then my game crashed.  Then I tried INSTEAD, changing 1 for 2 on various attack keys.  Again, my game crashed.  Then I put all the 2s back to 1s (except STANDBY_FIX), but the crash persists. 

The error message is as follows:

That section appears like this.  (Line highlighted red to be easily spotted)

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # ● 戦闘アニメ時間の取得
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      def self.get_anime_time(anime_id)
        return 0 if anime_id <= 0
        return $data_animations[anime_id].frame_max * 4
      end

18. nio kasgami

First Language:
    French
    you didn't copy the animation datas from the demo project

19. mandalorianjedi

First Language:
    Engrish
    We've all been there. Believe me. It's an easy fix. No need to change the coding of the motions. Just configuration changes.

In an unedited version of Journey, you'll find in the Configuration script on line 57:

#===============================================================================# ● Mirror settings #=============================================================================== def graphic_mirror_flag return false if id > 0 return true if id < 0 end If you change the return true to something more reasonable, like -900, then it should mirror any unit labelled as -900 up until 1.

What you'll want is:

#===============================================================================# ● Mirror settings #=============================================================================== def graphic_mirror_flag return false if id > 0 return true if id < -900 end This should reverse your enemies properly.

Now to have the enemies animated when they enter the battle, that's different.

In an unedited version of Configuration again, on line 70, you'll see:

#===============================================================================# ● The action sequence for when the actor/enemy is in standby#===============================================================================  def normal    return "NORMAL_STANDBY"   if id > 0    return "STANDBY_FIX" if id < 0  endThis has it set that enemies will have a standby_fix, which is a still image, but heroes will have the Normal_standby. You want to change this. I changed mine to:

#===============================================================================# ● The action sequence for when the actor/enemy is in standby#=============================================================================== def normal return "NORMAL_STANDBY" endThis will make them share the same code for that.

Let me know if that helped.

20. BardAaron

BardAaron Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Mandalorian, that fixed the reversed and animated-from-the-beginning issues beautifully.  Thanks a lot!  Now I am just getting the frame_max error when a "special" is used.  Normal Attack and Guard work fine.