◄Journey Battle System v.03►(Tankentai translation project)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Lady-Elise, Apr 3, 2014.

1. mandalorianjedi

mandalorianjedi Dark Lord of Potato Member

First Language:
    Engrish
    Like nio kasgami said, have you copied and pasted the Animations file from the Data folder in the original Journey demo? It is a different file than the normal Animations file that comes from a new file, and is customized for Journey.

If that's not the issue, let me know.

Dang, I should get paid for this XD

2. BardAaron

BardAaron Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I had, but it must have been an altered or corrupted version.  (I had started making a game from the demo, so I had probably changed something and messed it up).  I downloaded a fresh copy of the demo, and copied the file again and it works now. 

3. BardAaron

BardAaron Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok, that's weird.  I tried doing the same thing in an alternate project, and copying the animations file didn't work for that one.  It's still getting an error about "frame_max" and NilClass

4. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    This error shows up whenever a skill is used. How can I fix this?  Capture.PNG

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any chance you loaded a save file from a game started prior to adding the plugin?

6. Lonelywraith

Lonelywraith The Storyteller of Woe Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey, I don't know if somebody has made this question already but, how can I make a boss death animation like when you kill a boss in Final Fantasy I (first example that I could think about)?

EDIT: I feel so stupid and forgot to edit. I can actually add that to a monster without scripting. I'm sorry, guys xD.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016
  7. KaiSSeR_SK

KaiSSeR_SK Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi all! Hope to don´t do necropost, if i do... Sorry so much and delete it...

My problem is, I´m making an skill that throws enemy through the air and falls. Everything works fine except the enemy rotation. Here is my "command list".

I´ve tryed also ROTATION_LEFT alone and makes the same, a little jump like it´s trying to do it but don´t rotate. The command works on character but not in enemy.

"THROW_ENEMY" => ["SKILL_ACTIVATE","MOVE_TARGET","target('PRE_JUMP')","target('ROTATE_LEFT')",
    "30","CO_RESET","target('SLAM_JUMP')","DAMAGE_ANIME","SHAKE_MILD"],

Thanks a lot and excuse my english.

SOLVED:

The issue was produced by another script: ANIMATED BATTLERS from SOULPOUR777 which provides effects like breath or fly to the battlers.
    I solved the problem using the tankentai command of turn on a switch and adding to the other script the conditional of that switch must be off.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2016
  8. SaburoX

SaburoX Veteran Veteran

What is the preferred ATB script to use with Journey/Tankentai Battle system?
    I've tried searching this and gotten a few different conflicting responses. Fomar's seems to be the most common response and so far the only one that's close to working for me, but I'm missing some features that others have with that, and the command menu is doing things I'd rather it not. I saw a comment in this thread that C_Winter's is the most likely to be compatible, but as that's completely untranslated I'm not even sure how to install it to even see if it works, and searching hasn't shown how.

All the others I've come across flat out don't work for one reason or another, so what should I be using?

9. Biorg

Biorg Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm having a weird problem, or maybe it's only weird to me because I have a brain the size of a peanut. I'm trying to use Modern Algebra's Flash Enemy Select-

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=46388.0

and it's working for the most part, the enemies flash when they're selected, but they stay whatever color they were tinted when I stopped selecting them. They don't revert back to their original coloration, unless they were coincidentally that color when I stopped selecting them. I tried the script in a new project and it worked just fine. I tried it in the Journey demo and it had the problem too. I haven't made any changes to my Journey System either. This seems to be a compatibility issue, which is a shame because I'm fond of both scripts. I've tried to find a solution on my own, but I'm failing super hard. I apologize for being dumb, any help would be greatly appreciated.

untitled.PNG