Javascript 【Foxy's】Side-scrolling Support

Discussion in 'VNMaker Plugins and Extensions' started by FoxySeta, Aug 10, 2018.

?

Any functions you'd like to be added?

1. Looping maps

2. 2D movement

3. Jumps

4. Nothing in particular

5. Make image maps attachable to scene viewport (side-scrolling is useless otherwise)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FoxySeta

FoxySeta Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Introduction
    Even if you stuff your visual novel with minigames and branching paths, the player can still consider it kinda "static", if you know what I mean. Letting them move around a bit can solve things, though.
    Description
    An extension providing support for a basic side-scrolling view.
    Download
    Google Drive
    Installation
    Check the Official Visual Novel Maker Guide.
    How to use
    • I prepared an example scene which uses Harold from RPG Maker MV as character: give them a look to understand how to use the extension's common events.
    Suggestions
    • I had to use RMMV's resources because VNM's StAR does not provide traditional walking sprites. Still, don't worry: due to Degica's partnership with KADOKAWA, this is perfectly fine.
    • Actually, RMMV uses a top-down POV: real side-scrolling POV is a bit different.
    • Even if this extension has not many uses on its own, once the devs add a viewport selection to the "Show Image Map" scene command you'll be able to use it for point'n'click stuff, such us investigations etc.
    • Alternatively, you can script a new version of "Show Image Map" on your own.
    Special Thanks
    @Kentou was the one who answered to all of my questions in the Support section.
    License
    This extension follows MIT License: you can use it (in both commercial and non-commercial games), copy it, modify it, merge it, publish it, distribute it, sublicense it and/or sell it, but insert
    Copyright (c) 2018 FoxySeta
    in your credits.
    Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    Changelog
    • #1.1.0
      • Fixed animations' frame range problem
    • #1.0.0
      • Official release

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Kentou likes this.
  2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I noticed the character sprite doesn't animate correctly and the controls sometimes lockup making you walk one direction without stopping.

3. FoxySeta

FoxySeta Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the feedback! Are you using the beta version or the stable one?

I have also had some problems wth the animations (the frames selection ended up being shifted of one frame for some reason), I thought I fixed but I'll give it another look. No idea about the controls though:kaoswt:

EDIT:
    #1.1.0
    • Fixed animations' frame range problem

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018