Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think this official announcement deserves it's own topic? ^_~

It's just been announced that the results will come in on 5 PM EST today! Which is 5.5 hours left! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Where did you see this information?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
It's in RMWeb facebook.

So, with the IGMC Contest winners being announced at 5pm Eastern today, why don't we spend some of that time telling everyone our personal favorites from the contest?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I never heard of such a site before now. Learn something new every day :p
Do you feel good about your bet's victory?  ;) Out of curiosity was your bet a serious one or a "lol it'll probably be like 5 months until we hear something" fun bet?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Semi-serious. I figured with 600+ entries it would take them on average 3 months to review them all and decide on a winner. I did a rough calculation assuming all judges played all games 1 hour and came up with it would take them more hours than there are in a month to do that, then figured 3 months, if they did this full time and played all the games. Got lucky on the rest as I forgot they weren't playing them full time, and were not doing 1 hour in all games, so it balanced out to about end of September.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So if I understand your post correctly

you bribed the judges into delaying the results until your bet?

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At last! :p  

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So if I understand your post correctly

you bribed the judges into delaying the results until your bet?
As the characters say in my game "Ha ha ho pbbbt".

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I drafted up the announcement earlier today :) Excited to finally share this (and to finally be back in general - been quite inactive due to health issues).
Happy to see you well, then.

TerminusEst13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I'm not a very good artist. But as the contest results are coming in two hours, I thought it'd be nice to give a little last-minute dedication.

Congratulations, to all of you. To all of us. It's been a struggle--not just to get through the contest, but also to deal with the aftermath.
I see a lot of people feel angry that others don't like what they sacrificed so much to do, a lot feel angry that their hard work has gotten ignored or passed over, and a lot are wondering if the contest was even worth it and if it's all just a big joke or a popularity contest.

Please don't worry about that.

For every single one of you, you should all take pride in that you've successfully done what every single kid growing up has wanted to do--you've created a game. A finished, complete game.
It doesn't matter if your game has some rough edges, struggled to make it past the finish line, or sailed through with a crowd of trumpets and banners behind it. Every single one of you have marched over a milestone and created something brand new for other people to savor and enjoy.

Maybe we won't win. Maybe we won't be recognized. Maybe they'll just say it's "crap" and move on to something shiny. Maybe we won't have much to show for all the blood, sweat, and tears we dumped in that harsh month.

But when all is said and done, you created something that you can truly call your own.

The joy of creating something is, well, the act of actually creating it. Everyone dreams, everyone has an imagination, and everyone wants to show off their ideas to others--and you did it.

Congratulations, to every single one of you.

Hopefully I can see you all again next year.

Polite Whale

A newer and bigger whale!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I have to admit I am not very active on this forums ever since the voting phase really ended, but as a fellow contestant and as a person I must wish good luck to everyone of you (including us) who have been waiting all this long checking everyday to see if there were any news about the contest at all. It's been a long journey, but we are finally coming to an end. 

Shall the best games win (or at least, the games that the judges think that were the best)! *Heavy Breathing Cat*

Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow really? Haha, it's been so long I've almost forgotten about it... Now I'm excited :3

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ten minutes, I imagine! Good luck to everyone! It's been a long, fun ride - and I know I won't win, but that's fine - I really want to see who DOES win!

And the other places, of course.

Over and out for the IGMC 2014 contest!

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats to all participants.

It was a great experience for all of us.

8 minutes to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.
Sigh :( ... displaying numbers representing the stats of the PCs for a custom menu in rm2k3 is haaaaaaaarrrd!!! DX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevechtrs