Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey there,
The default damge formula can be a bit confusing in the manual, but generally the expected damage is calculated from two factors (ignoring elemental effectiveness, critical and guard modifiers and variance):

base value = attackers ATK - targets PDEF / 2
amplification factor = 1 + attackers STR / 20
expected damage = base value * amplification factor

This means that in order to do any damage with regular attacks, your attackers ATK has to be more than half the targets PDEF. Without bonuses from states your equipped weapon needs to provide at least 351 ATK here.
STR only aplifies the base damage, increasing the factor by 1 for every 20 points.

For skills the formula is similar. DEX, INT and AGI are treated like STR, MDEF is treated like PDEF and Power is added to the portion of the attackers ATK. (All stats are reduced to the portion specified in the skill for damage calculation of course)

I can't really help with details right now unfortunately, buit if you don't mind digging through the scripts and want to change this formula, you should find the code for the damage calculation in the script "Game_Battler 3", in the methods "attack_effect" and "skill_effect" respectively.

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This means that in order to do any damage with regular attacks, your attackers ATK has to be more than half the targets PDEF.
I have solved, thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usagiis