0% MP and Class Specifics

Najios

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, I'm working on a game and I'm curious as to how you can make it so a skill drains your MP to zero. I only know how to make it take away a certain amount of MP, but I want the skill to send your MP to zero regardless of how much you have. How can I do that? Putting percentage signs doesn't work, and I tried putting -100% or 0% in a Recover MP effect, and it doesn't appear to work.

On a side note, how can I make a certain skill work for a certain class? And I mean a single skill, not a group of skills.

Thank you!

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
b.mp (which stands for the target's current MP) in the formula box set to mp drain or mp damage will work.

But, -100% in the effect box seems to work fine for me as well?

[Edit] I realise now you mean the skill costs all the user's mp? Maybe? Both of my above options removes the mp from the target, not the user. If that's what you're looking for, I don't think it can be done nicely without a script. Yanfly's Skill Cost Manager allows for percent based costs. To event it, you'd probably need to run a common event that changes the actor's mp to 0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wouldn't it have to be a.mp to drain the user's mp to 0?

I'd think something like this would work:

Code:
a.mp = 0; formula
where formula is the actual damage formula that must result in a number.

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can use Yanfly's Skill Manager and use the tag <mp cost: 100%>

Rapu

One foot in grave, the other in hell.
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
You can use Yanfly's Skill Manager and use the tag <mp cost: 100%>
It's not wise to use script if you can achieve easily the same without it. Shaz's method works just fine.

Najios

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The method above works fine, as it drains your MP upon use, but how can I make it so your MP HAS to be completely full in order for the skill to work? As in, if you have under 100% MP, the skill cannot be used? Thank you.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The method above works fine, as it drains your MP upon use, but how can I make it so your MP HAS to be completely full in order for the skill to work? As in, if you have under 100% MP, the skill cannot be used? Thank you.
Now THIS would have the need for using Yanfly Skill Restriction using a custom restrict eval check of a.mp == a.mmp

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galgar22