1.3 Update - Character Sprite Artifacts

Tyrael79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
After updating to RMMV 1.3, I'm now getting artefacts above character sprite heads when they move, or step. Its happening with every single character sprite. almost as if the 48x48 character sprite size has been changed to 49x49 and parts of another sprite are appearing in the frame.

An example is provided in the picture.

RPG Maker MV - 1.3 update gfx gliches.jpg

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really wish they had spent a week or two testing before releasing it :p

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
 @Tyrael79 before making assumptions on anything and insulting the dev who passed almost  a whole years on making sure everything's works you should make sure this not yours plugin who not provoke the bug because I made a fresh projects and No "artifacts" appear and I use the default sprites. So no this aren't a bug.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's only when they move or step, it indicates one of the 3 frames/columns in your spritesheet is a pixel lower than it should be.  Are you using exactly the same charactersheet files in your 1.3 project that you used in your previous project?  Or did you create them with the new version of the character generator?  Or are they default character sprites?

Do you have any plugins?  Disable them all and see if it still happens.  1.3 has only been out for a day - I can pretty much guarantee you that none of the plugins have been updated or checked for needed changes.  It could well be a plugin that's causing it.  If it were 1.3 itself, a lot more people would have said something by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Unless you can provide me with a full data that you tested this in a vanilla project  I am assuming you are using plugins. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Tested in a fresh project and it does not happen to me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backdrop_Finisher