Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
JupiterSmaller2.png

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
  • A comedy-adventure set entirely on a rust-bucket ship as it flies towards Jupiter Station.
  • A cast of characters each with their own motivations, and very distinct personalities.
  • Consequential changes made daily that affect the player, the ship, and the passengers.
  • An over-arching crisis to resolve, with a mini daily crisis, as well as passenger and crew mediation, and manipulation.
  • A game shrunk in scope, increased in quality, and grown through replayability.
  • Made with extreme passion, but not the creepy kind.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
fe.png

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
  • Captain Cara - A captain who is quite awful at money management, yet dreams of achieving wealth.
  • Dartholomew - A spastic germaphobic scientist with a checkered past.
  • Bal'Shak - An Orcish Shaman obsessed with traditionalism yet struggling with cultural rejection due to his skin color.
  • So many more! Like SO many, but I don't want to spoil it.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
  • You're on a 10 day journey to Jupiter Station when sensors pick up a ship closing in on you. You are at maximum speed and any divergence from course will not serve to shake the ship tailing you. All you can do is wait for the inevitable intercept.

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
  • The entire game takes place on one ship destined for Jupiter Station. It takes 10 days to reach the station from Earth and time progresses when they captain finishes her day and goes to bed.
  • A no-hands-held adventure that lets you miss out on things, and where there are no wrong decisions. All decisions will lead you to an eventual ending. No good, bad or true endings. Just endings. #AllEndingsAreBeautiful
  • Witty, realistic, and mature/immature dialog purpose built to make you laugh, develop the character, or give you a clue. Be observant.
  • Characters react to your decisions. Sometimes immediately, sometimes later. Much later.
  • Small scale maps means high attention to detail. Every object, every tile, every placement is done with care and purpose and to mesh with characters.
  • All handcrafted content with absolutely no filler content to raise the amount of hours it takes to finish the game.
  • A narrative that reacts to your choices, be they large or small, but never tells you when it is reacting. The consequences may surprise you.
  • Hate puzzles? No worries! 10 Days to Jupiter is for puzzle lovers and haters alike! How? Puzzles are seamlessly hidden into the environment. Those eager to access extra optional content can seek out those puzzles and do them. Others need not worry about arbitrarily pushing around blocks because it you don't feel like doing it, you will never have to!

SOCIAL MEDIA

DEMO
Coming soon!(tm)

Last edited:

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The making of a game (on which I work full time nearly 12 hours a day) has been my dream since I was 7 (I am 34 now). I would like to thank all the people who made plugins that made working with RPG Maker MV more possible. I will be sure to credit each and every person who indirectly contributed to my project, because without you, I could not be making my dreams into reality... or at least it would've been a lot harder lol.

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh that is a dream I have also hahah, work full time on my project D:. Well I'm getting close because I have been working 6h/day. Anyway, the screenshots are really good! It looks like a nice piece of dedication here, I really hope everything goes well for you and the game!

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh that is a dream I have also hahah, work full time on my project D:. Well I'm getting close because I have been working 6h/day. Anyway, the screenshots are really good! It looks like a nice piece of dedication here, I really hope everything goes well for you and the game!
It's really amazing to do it full time. You can get such an incredibly amount done. Especially with all the great tutorials and plugins out there. Shout out to UPP, Yanfly, Galv, and SRD. Those guys are legends.

miani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
For what I seen you're making good use of Time Fantasy tilesets, your maps are clean and balanced.
I don't like the use of auto shadows, the elevator door looks very weird in the first screenshot, for example. It's weird when the shadow only affect the ground and not what is above it.

I also liked of the writing in the dialogues, I only recommend to put just one sentence at a time, it's better for readability and the fluidness of the gameplay.

The overall mood of the plot is very likeable too, I hope you make interesting choices for the players.
It would be interesting to add some puzzles to give some dynamic to the gameplay.

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For what I seen you're making good use of Time Fantasy tilesets, your maps are clean and balanced.
I don't like the use of auto shadows, the elevator door looks very weird in the first screenshot, for example. It's weird when the shadow only affect the ground and not what is above it.

I also liked of the writing in the dialogues, I only recommend to put just one sentence at a time, it's better for readability and the fluidness of the gameplay.

The overall mood of the plot is very likeable too, I hope you make interesting choices for the players.
It would be interesting to add some puzzles to give some dynamic to the gameplay.
You're right, I saw the Time Fantasy set and I had to buy it. Sci-fi is my favorite genre (The Expanse!). Thanks for your feedback about the shadows. Art is far from my greatest skill. I'll make sure I go through my maps and alter the auto-shadow. I'll try to tweak the dialogue to make it more fluidic. I do have pauses inserted in while the dialogue is printing in order to give the impression of intonation.

The game itself is kind of a mental puzzle. One thing I've always disliked about some games is the lack of reaction to events. For example:

Child: "I love to play with my cat!"
**Evil empire attacks** **Town is burning** **Hero saves town**
Child: "I love to play with my cat!"

The mental puzzle is reminding yourself that this is a living breathing ship. So when one person mentions something about another passenger, then go talk to that passenger and your character will say something like "I heard from _______ that you______." The puzzle would be thinking actively about the situation and trying your best not to miss something before ending the day, and you CAN miss important story elements. If not explored properly you can finish the game and be like "Wtf? So many plotholes!" actually the plot holes are sealed tight but adding explainers to a game removed immersion. My favorite story telling mechanics come from games like Dark Souls where you are not told that your action just had a reaction somewhere else. I'll try to add an immersive puzzle somewhere in the game without breaking immersion. Sorry for rambling.

I'll be releasing a demo soon(tm) after some polish. I look forward to hearing more of your feedback.

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
this really reminds me of Space Pilgrim. i enjoyed those episodes alot

love the TF assets. i would change galvs default speech bubbles, im sure thats on your list though. anyway best of luck, ill be watching

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do want to change them, and I've been trying from time to time, but I'm graphically challenged. I'll get around to it, they're fillers at the moment. I looked around a lot for some assets I could purchase but alas, I came up with nothing. I'll keep improving my pixel art skills in the meantime. Thanks for the feedback. I also love TF's assets, I think I own almost all of them. I won't even use most of them, but they're just so good that I wanted to support the artist. I contacted him(her?) because I was hoping he(she?) could draw me up portraits for each sprite but he(she?) still hasn't gotten back to me.

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've uploaded a rough demo. No music, some sound effects, but Day 1 of the adventure should be fully complete. I'd appreciate any feedback on how it feels and what you would add or change.

miani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I've uploaded a rough demo. No music, some sound effects, but Day 1 of the adventure should be fully complete. I'd appreciate any feedback on how it feels and what you would add or change.
The download link is broken.

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The download link is broken.
Yeah sorry about that. I've been doing a lot of changes to the demo. It'll be back up in about two hours.

liviticus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

Best of luck with your project, I'm in the same boat, in my thirtys still dreaming on making games. Ideas spilling out of my head when I'm at work. Here's to getting those ideas to pixel :)

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've ironed out my demo, fixed all the bugs (I hope), and now it's ready to play. The dropbox link is in there and up-to-date. I welcome any and all feedback.

miani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Your characters are very likeable. Most of the dialogues are fun and well written, just get rid of that variance of font size, as much as it can be interesting it just get annoying after some time trying to get used to it.

I thought the start is a bit too much for the player, you instantly have many rooms to visit and people to talk. I usually think that for a better game pace you can always make a linear and very focused introduction, starting from the simple and let the player do more things a bit more late into the game.

I will play more of the demo later, for now I think your project really have a lot of positive aspects.

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your characters are very likeable. Most of the dialogues are fun and well written, just get rid of that variance of font size, as much as it can be interesting it just get annoying after some time trying to get used to it.

I thought the start is a bit too much for the player, you instantly have many rooms to visit and people to talk. I usually think that for a better game pace you can always make a linear and very focused introduction, starting from the simple and let the player do more things a bit more late into the game.

I will play more of the demo later, for now I think your project really have a lot of positive aspects.
Thank you for your feedback. I do want to keep an open ship concept, but I understand what you mean, I'll try to add in a bit more guidance in the beginning. I'm currently working on pacing. I am trying to make it so that each day introduces a new mechanic to the game. Day 2 (which I will include in an upcoming expanded demo) will have an investigation mechanic where you talk to people about keywords you've heard and unlock further dialog.

Can you elaborate on the font size issue? I have all the font set to 24. Are you referring to the \} \{ commands that I use to indicate whispering or yelling?

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After wrestling with 10 Days to Jupiter for over a month, I feel like the plan has been completely solidified. I kept feeling unsatisfied with the game. I didn't know what was missing. Day 1 felt short, Day 2 felt uninteresting, Day 3 felt forced. I just wasn't satisfied with it, or with the way it was put together. So I remapped the game, (thanks draw.io) and worked non-stop to get it going in a direction I was happy with. I can look forward to the release of the game (no release date at the moment). I've redone the front page of this thread so there you'll find updated details. My goal is to make a game that responds to the player. I've been working extensively in mapping out the branching choices, how they'll affect other choices, etc. I'll upload a demo of the new build as soon as possible. Day 1 is polished, but consequences of decisions are usually felt the next day so I'd really like to make a Day 1-2 demo for players so that they can see what I'm trying to do.

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
10 Days to Jupiter has only one place to save your game: Introducing the Arch-Historian. 10DTJ is set in the future of an alternate-past Earth. As a neat little quirk, the Arch Historian will provide you with a historical fact before each time he asks you to save your game. The facts are themed to be satirical and not too serious. If you're interested in inserting a random fact into the game, send me a PM with the fact, and the name you'd like included in the 'Special Thanks'. There is no limit on the amount of historical facts I'll be inputting into the game so send as many as you want. However, please understand that in order to keep them in line with the game's theme, I will need to curate all submissions. So please don't be offended if I don't include one you send me. I've even deleted a few of my own.

EDIT:

Sorry, but I wasn't clear regarding the tone of the historical facts. I'll just link what I told someone who sent me a fact. "The tone of the game leans more towards poking fun at modern societal issues that players can relate to in 2019. So when exploring the past of alternate-Earth, most of the historical facts are based between 1990 - 2200. However I'm willing to go with even further back if they can somehow be relateable. If you think up any other ones, just toss them over to me."

Arch-historian.png

Last edited:

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
10 Days to Jupiter is a game about making decisions, and sticking to them. One of the features I recently implemented is a loyalty system which will affect how crew respond to you and the events that occur, and a passenger opinion system, which is similar to the loyalty system. However, 10DtJ also includes a 'personal opinion' system. At the end of each day, Captain Cara will fill our her Captain's Log and in it she will write down her opinion of each passenger. This will affect how she interacts with the crew. How does this work if YOU control the captain? Simple, actually. When the captain fills out her log, she'll have the opportunity to write down her feelings about each passenger. Negative feelings lower her opinion, positive feelings raise it.

Almost all conversational options in 10DtJ either raise, or lower loyalty/opinion from crew/passengers. So for example, you'll have the option to encourage or discourage a passenger. If you choose encourage, but your opinion of that passenger is too low, then you will fail to encourage them and instead the captain will say something like "I don't even like him, why would I encourage him"? Now this will have a lot of players trying to max out everyone's loyalty and opinion in order to achieve the most positive ending. NOPE! Denied. That's not how this works. The game is unpredictable, just like life, and just because someone is loyal or has a high opinion of you, doesn't mean it'll end with a good result, and vice versa.

Just as a clarifying point, these systems aren't a concept anymore, they've been implemented into the game and will be testable in the new and coming soon(tm) demo. It's my hope that these systems will add several levels of replayability to the game, as well as elements that role playing players will appreciate. If you're interested in following my progress, you can follow my Twitter account in my signature. It has been active for around a week now and is absolutely exploding the internet with a whole six followers.

Last edited:

Treynor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Detective Cara.gif

A captain must wear many hats! As a passenger's opinion towards you reaches a certain point, they may be willing to teach you some new skills that can help you play the game in different ways! These skills can help you solve puzzles differently, access different areas, change dialogue options, etc. The 'puzzlebilities' are endless! Nyeh heh heh heh...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Musixim