- Aug 23, 2019
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
- A comedy-adventure set entirely on a rust-bucket ship as it flies towards Jupiter Station.
- A cast of characters each with their own motivations, and very distinct personalities.
- Consequential changes made daily that affect the player, the ship, and the passengers.
- An over-arching crisis to resolve, with a mini daily crisis, as well as passenger and crew mediation, and manipulation.
- A game shrunk in scope, increased in quality, and grown through replayability.
- Made with extreme passion, but not the creepy kind.
SECTION B: CHARACTERS
- Captain Cara - A captain who is quite awful at money management, yet dreams of achieving wealth.
- Dartholomew - A spastic germaphobic scientist with a checkered past.
- Bal'Shak - An Orcish Shaman obsessed with traditionalism yet struggling with cultural rejection due to his skin color.
- So many more! Like SO many, but I don't want to spoil it.
SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
- You're on a 10 day journey to Jupiter Station when sensors pick up a ship closing in on you. You are at maximum speed and any divergence from course will not serve to shake the ship tailing you. All you can do is wait for the inevitable intercept.
SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
- The entire game takes place on one ship destined for Jupiter Station. It takes 10 days to reach the station from Earth and time progresses when they captain finishes her day and goes to bed.
- A no-hands-held adventure that lets you miss out on things, and where there are no wrong decisions. All decisions will lead you to an eventual ending. No good, bad or true endings. Just endings. #AllEndingsAreBeautiful
- Witty, realistic, and mature/immature dialog purpose built to make you laugh, develop the character, or give you a clue. Be observant.
- Characters react to your decisions. Sometimes immediately, sometimes later. Much later.
- Small scale maps means high attention to detail. Every object, every tile, every placement is done with care and purpose and to mesh with characters.
- All handcrafted content with absolutely no filler content to raise the amount of hours it takes to finish the game.
- A narrative that reacts to your choices, be they large or small, but never tells you when it is reacting. The consequences may surprise you.
- Hate puzzles? No worries! 10 Days to Jupiter is for puzzle lovers and haters alike! How? Puzzles are seamlessly hidden into the environment. Those eager to access extra optional content can seek out those puzzles and do them. Others need not worry about arbitrarily pushing around blocks because it you don't feel like doing it, you will never have to!