12 Hours of Christmas

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1.  My most memorable Christmas was when I was 12.  My mother had been in hospital for a couple of weeks already, and was going to have to remain there for at least another 3.  I was moping about the house, feeling very sorry for myself, when my father came through the door carrying my mother in his arms.  The hospital had arranged for her to come home for a few hours so that we could spend Christmas together.  One of the most emotional moments of my life.
Most Memorable Christmas:  Helping a friend in need...   a single father, whose son is his world.  I have watched this man go hungry (literally) to ensure his boy was well fed.

It was 3 years ago, and I was in a position that paid rather well.  On a whim, I spent a huge sum of money on food, gifts, toys, household supplies, and enough firewood to get them through the whole winter.

I arranged for it all to arrive at his place the morning of Christmas Day.

His boy was so happy with all his new toys, and my friend cried and hugged me...  it just made me feel so good.  Since that Christmas, it has been all about giving on the holidays.  Doing something above and beyond for someone in need can remind them that there is still greatness in humanity, and that love can conquer any hardship.
Oh shut up people.  :)  

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]You made me cry! Literally.[/SIZE]

Such nice and moving stories and being during Christmas makes them more emotional.

Thanks for sharing them!

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yaaay skillicons <3 they look fab!

My favorite holiday? Spending Christmas with the whole family (with about 30 people) at my uncle's house when I was little, having dinner together, drinking, unpacking gifts, it was great. Sadly several people have died in the last years and our family has fallen apart :(

My top 3 is:

1. Celianna's Medieval Houses

2. Dark Hero Character Pack

3. Dungeons and Volcanos tilepack

Valkyria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Huuray! A giveaway!

1/ My memorable Christmas holiday.

My most memorable Christmas was the day I went back to my homeland to visit my families, friends after 5 years away from them. Sure Christmas is about gift, but this one was very special for me because I haven't seen them for ages even though we can talk to each other with the technology nowadays. And it was also interesting to see how much my country had change just in 5 years.

2/ My wish-list:

There are a lot of things I want because I kind of a greedy person but there are 3 products I want the most.

RPG Maker: High Fantasy Resource Pack

RPG Maker: Luna Engine

RPG Maker: Samurai Resource Pack

To the contributors, although I just join the family not for long but I am really thank full that you share your works to everyone so we can enjoy it. Each of your works have unique skills, arts, interest stories that no one can compete you guys at all. 

Last edited by a moderator:

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1. My most memorable Christmas was when I was about 9. My Grandmother had gotten me one of those inflatable/remote controlled robots that took like ten D batteries. My Dad decided that he'd be the first one to try it out( against my protests) and soon almost my whole family had a try. Unfortunately I was never able to play with it since my older Sister deflated the robot. I was devastated, but was happy a moment later because I had also gotten a Spike Gremlin( from the movie of the same name) from my Mom. I played with that all day till my father sat on it while I was doing something else. So that's two for two, what a horrible Christmas this was turning out to be, I thought. Later that night, my Aunt came by with my Cousins and she had gotten me a Mad Scientist set while my Brother got Legos. He was jealous, but overall that made up for the first half of my Christmas day. By the way, this was all during the mid 80s, just to clarify.

2. Let's see, for a wish list I guess they would be: Joel Steudler's Modern Day Music Mega-Pack, Survival Horror Music Mega-Pack, and the RMDS+ Expansion: Retro SciFi

3. I would personally like to give a big thanks to Joel Steudler, as you can tell from two of my top three above I hold his music in high regards. He has a fantastic ear for music composition and I couldn't be happier to use his fantastic pieces in any and all of my current and future rpg projects. Lunarea, Celianna and Thalzon pump out some of the most incredible content in an almost inhuman speed and quality. Plus, the community as a whole have been one of the best and friendliest place that I have ever joined in any forum or otherwise RPGMaker related. I think everyone deserves a big applause. You all make this place a joy to browse and communicate with like minded individuals with many of the same, bizarre, funny, and downright quirky imaginations all around.

RPGBREN

Not the real Batman
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
1. My most memorable Christmas would be when i was about 11 and when i was younger my family wasn't that rich so getting a small present was awesome for Christmas but i always wished that i could get a psp because all my friends had one. but on Christmas i came down all happy and excited to see what i got a few toy cars and wrestlers i was happy as can be we got dinner and was about to leave the table and my mum stopped me to give me a last present was so shocked but as i opened it and seen it was a psp i broke into tears. was the best gift :)  

2. dark hero pack, fantastic building medieval, pixel myth, they would be nice to add to my collection.

3. i only just got into this game making thing and im in love all the products and dlc i have used are amazing i cant stop buying more :p so keep there good work up :)

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the event!

1) Tell us about your most memorable Christmas/winter holiday:

I was in my early teens back then, a friend was sleeping over, we played videogames and boardgames all night long. We were so exhausted we were like "ok, no more games, let's go to sleep and that's it", and just a few minutes after we went to sleep (about 6:30 in the morning), my mom came and knocked on my door saying that it was snowing outside!

I live in Mexico, in a state where desert-like climate is the norm, so when I heard that, neither my friend nor I could believe it. We looked out the window and it looked like an entirely different dimension out there, everything white and powdery; I had never seen or touched snow before back then. Our exhaustion disappeared like it was nothing, we put on our warmest clothes and went out to do all sorts of crazy stuff we had only read or seen on tv, like, snowball fights, building snowmen, etc. It was really cool, no pun intended.

2)  Write a wish-list of the 3 products you want the most.

- Sci-Fi Tiles Resource Pack

- Sci Fi Battlebacks

- Sci-Fi Music Pack

3) Give some love to our contributors. They've worked extra hard to make all the shiny goodies. 

Well, I have no idea where you guys get all that energy and enthusiasm, and talent, to make all the amazing things that you create and share, so, thanks a lot for expressing and sharing your awesome art with us.

Nikorayu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
1: The last christmas where some of the family members from Norway visited us. Very memorable because we only see them once every few or several years.

2:

Cinematic Soundtrack

Inspirational Vol. 3

Luna Engine

3: <3 Lunarea, Celianna, and everyone else for keeping rpgmaker, the forum and community going. Honestly didn't surprise something like this either so close to 24th/45th as I imagined you're all busy with your own stuff, yet you take the time to do this for us.

TheOddFellow

Overactive Artisan Story Crafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My most memorable Christmas was when I was five. The tree was hardly decorated. There were few lights and the minimum amount of decorations, along with only a few amount of presents. But, I didn't care because I was young, I still don't. But then, there was a knock on the door, and it was my dad, dressed up like Santa and carrying a very big bag full of gifts! There were Legos and toys which I still carry around and reminisce with. Best Christmas hands down for me.

1. Luna engine

2. Evil castle tiles

3. Sci fi tiles

Thank you so much for the people who put their time into these resources! There is so many I want, because the quality is outstanding! I've tried maki my own and I know how much time it takes to create such good art! Merry Christmas!

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. My most memorable Christmas would be when i was about 11 and when i was younger my family wasn't that rich so getting a small present was awesome for Christmas but i always wished that i could get a psp because all my friends had one. but on Christmas i came down all happy and excited to see what i got a few toy cars and wrestlers i was happy as can be we got dinner and was about to leave the table and my mum stopped me to give me a last present was so shocked but as i opened it and seen it was a psp i broke into tears. was the best gift :)
You were the one who gave the best gift that day.

A good child confirmation to your parents. 

Accepting any gift even if it wasn't what you wanted.

You deserved that gift.

You really did.

Marsigne

Hello There
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, one question, I noticed lots of people following/suscribing the thread, but won't that break the e-mail system or something? just like you said last year:

Note: Please do not subscribe to this thread. It will break our e-mail system and might prematurely end the event.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Celianna's icons and Ms. Littlefish's music are amazing, I can't wait to see what other awesome things are coming.  :)

1)  My most memorable holiday was probably when my whole family would pile into our little car and drive around on Christmas eve looking at all the Christmas lights.  We'd stay out past midnight, and then all sleep for a few hours before getting up to open presents.

2)  My wishlist would have to be Pixel Myth because the style is beautiful, the Dungeon Music Pack because I love Scythuz's music, and the Winter Wonderland tile pack because I have a friend who would love to have that pack.

3)  The contributors are all incredible, and I have to bow to their awesomeness.  Everything I've seen them make is amazing.  They make me want to do my best so that my game lives up to the great graphics and music they make.  Thank you so much!  :D  

Elyain

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
german italian
Primarily Uses
1) My best christmas by far is when I was three years old and got two kitties. As an only child they've almost been like brothers to me. It was the best gift I could ever get.

But there is another christmas story I would like to share here:

Now things changed a lot and we do not make much on christmas, but when I was little the few family members I have and some friends of my parents always came to our home for christmas. Instead of a christmas dinner we were in the kitchen, drinking tea and eating cookies my grandma made.
The living room with the christmas tree was on the opposite side of our home. At some point one of my parents told he had to go to the bathroom, but instead they put the presents under the tree, light up the candles and rang one of the little bells on our tree. I believed that Santa Claus came, ran to the living room and my jaw dropped when i saw all the beautiful lights. It felt like magic happened.
Of course after some years I noticed the pattern. Why would Santa always come when someone was in the bathroom? It had to be my parents to do this things. But I kept pretending I don't know the truth for a couple of years because I appreciate so much the effort my parents made to make me believe he exists and I knew how happy it made them to watch me running to the christmas tree.

2) As I already have the other two DS packs I would love to get the DS+ Retro SciFi expansion, Pixel Myth Germania because I love the art style and the Luna Engine to improve my games.

3) I would like to say thank you to all the amazing artists, music makers and programmers that make resources. Without you a lot of us couldn't make our dream games. I keep being amazed with all the awesome things you create. Also thank you to all the game developers who provide us with so many hours of entertainment and the forum staff for helping so much and organizing events like this.

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1. Well... Let's see here... I'm gonna go with the Hanukkah that I got my Nintendo 64. For those of you who don't know, in Hanukkah, you get 1 present a night for 8 nights. Now, I knew I was getting an N64 (as I went with my mom and uncle to buy it, to make sure they didn't get the wrong thing :p ), as well as Super Mario 64 and an extra controller. I had assumed that I would get the bulk of it on the first night of Hanukkah. Well, because my uncle is a born troll, he had other plans. On the first night of Hanukkah, I received Super Mario 64... but nothing to play it on! Naturally I cried and whined but he wouldn't let me have the rest. I must have read the manual 50 times that night.

On the second day of Hanukkah, I received... a controller. The one packed in with the N64. On the third, the second controller. On the fourth... a bag of chocolate coins. On the fifth, yet another bag of chocolate coins. On the sixth... I finally got my Nintendo 64! But there was just one problem... our TV was not equipped with the proper inputs, so we needed a converter cable. And my uncle was holding that cable hostage. On the seventh day, I did not get my cable, but rather, more coins. Finally, on the eighth day, I got the cable I needed, hooked everything up and played Super Mario 64 until I passed out.

2. RPG Maker DS+ Retro Sci-Fi Expansion, RPG Maker XP Remastered Soundtrack and VX Samurai, in that order.

3. <3 <3 <3

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry, I think I have to break the rules, can't narrow it down to one. In chronological order:

There was the year I got my PS1, a friend of mine told me that I was getting it and it made the wait seem to last forever. Got FFVII that year also.

A few years later, my family was pretty broke, so without telling anyone about it a lady at our church told her friend (who ran a beauty salon and was looking to help someone for Christmas) about us. Set us up in a nice hotel Christmas Eve and when we got home on Christmas we had new furniture, new coats (I have still have mine 10+ years later, though I don't wear it), new clothes, a stereo system with music, etc. Was pretty insane, and awesome.

A few years ago I drove from Tennessee to northern Indiana to visit my dad for Christmas, I hadn't seen him in a little while at the time. My car broke down on the way there (blew up the torque convertor) around Indianpolis, but got there that night. When I woke up the next day there was the most perfect snow on the ground I have ever seen in my life, perfect for snowmen and snow balls. Could literally just get your hands under it and lift up and it would stay together as you folded it, help my step-sister son made some snowmen.

While not exactly a memory (as it hasn't actually happened yet) me and my family are helping another family (A mother and 3 young kids) that don't have much, with some help from our church, getting presents and furniture for their new home.

Wish List: Pixel Myth: Germania, Luna Engine, and Mythos Horror.

Love the icon set Celianna having them fill up the allotted space is a nice touch, reminds me of the skill icons from Dragon Age.

Just Downloaded your music Ms.Littlefish, haven't had a chance to listen to it (actually about to wrap some Christmas presents), but if history is any indication I'm sure it is great.

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Here's my participation.

Tell us about your most memorable Christmas/winter holiday

Trip with true Love

I remember. On last year's winter holidays, me and my boyfriend had so much fun on a trip by throwing snowballs on each other, we watch a film alone and also went for a coffee.  :) I think that was the best and most memorable holidays trip. ♥

Wishlist of 3 Products you want to get?

• ​Luna Engine
  • Evil Castle Tiles
  • DS+ Scifi Retro-Expansion
Lastly, I would like to send a huge thanks to Celianna and Ms Littlefish. I swear icons will work perfectly with the script I'm using currently.  :) And that are musics is flawless indeed!

Happy Christmas everyone!​

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
1) When I went to visit my family, and we went sledding on this tall hill.
I was really little a didn't know how to sled very well and on one way down I hit a bump and flew out of the sled. I then got to it in the cabin by the fire with loving family and hot chocolate. I never told anybody that I wasn't really hurt.

2) Tyler warrens second fifty battlers. Rural farm tiles pack. Tyler warren's third fifty battlers.
3) I would just like to say thank you to all of the great resources and resource contributors. If I had more money I would love to buy more of the wonderful resource packs. Have a very happy holidays, and I hope you get to have a good time with your families. :)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the only christmas memory I have is from the time that I conviced my mother to let me get a christmas three, when I was around 10. My family never really cared about the holidays, so I don't have anything big.

My wish-list would be:

The Winter Wonderland Tile Pack looks awesome, I would surely use it on my next game.

I guess another copy of RPG Maker Vx Ace to get one of my friends to work with me on my project.

And I'm curious about IG Maker.

The one contributor I would like to thank the most is Celianna. Thank's to her Rural Tiles I can now create my own Harvest Moon game, as this kinda was my childhood dream. I would like to Thank every other contributor too, but I'm new here and still don't know much about their work.

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1- Really none of my christmases have been all that memorable, mostly generic family get togethers were I was the only kid. So, even with the excitement that age attributted to christmas, I still ended up getting pretty bored. As the years, went by life took its toll, and the get togethers kept becoming smaller. This year it was my grandpa's turn, I suppose, this will make for a very different christmas, since he was the closest to a father I've ever had...sigh, that last part was actually painful to write.

2- This is really hard, but I guess, I should choose something that complements itself, like the full DS pack. My picks are:

-Ds resource pack

-Ds+ resource pack

-Ds+ scifi expansion pack

3- Well, all of you are amazing people doing incredible work, and deserve our respect and admiration for your hard work. I'd like to give an extra shout to Sharm, whose sprite work and willingness to help other users I really admire. Ok, I admit it, I'm just really grateful to her for the advice she gave when I tried my hand at spriting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilfpower