BardicHeart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My most memorable Christmas...

A number of years ago (don't ask how many) I had moved out for the first time and was living on my own.  It was Christmas and I was alone that year, which had me feeling kind of down.  I lived in a rural area and there was about 400 acres of forest behind my home so late that night I went for a walk to get my mind off things.  It had just snowed earlier and there was also a full moon out.  As I walked through the woods I ended up coming on a clearing with a stream running through it.  It just happened that at that time the clouds parted and let the moonlight through.  The moonlight hit the unbroken snow in the clearing and lit it up.  The way the snow sparkled was like looking at a field of jewels shining in the moonlight.  It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, almost magical.  Cheered me right up!

My wish list...

#1 Fantasy Hero Character Pack

#2 Dark Hero Character Pack

#3 Royal Tiles Resource Pack

(If I had bigger wish list, I'd probably have gone with the entire High Fantasy set, resourses, characters, etc. it looks awesome but you kind of need all of it to make use of it)

Some love for the content creators...

I'm not sure who all to thank. I'll start with everyone at Enterbrain for creating RPG Maker in the first place.  I've wanted to be able to create games for a long time but with having to learn to code and everything else it was just too much.  RPG Maker has given me a good "entry level" option for learning to create games.  If I ever become a famous game developer, my bio will probably begin, "Well, you see, it all started with RPG Maker..."

Celianna, you make some awesome tile sets and I've enjoyed both the stuff I've bought and the free stuff you've been so generous to give out.  They're not only great to use, but its been a great example and inspiration for me to look at as I attempt to learn to make my own.

Sharm, I just got Pixel Myth Germania and I have to say I am equally impressed with it as I am with things Celianna does.  Also... you're doing all the stuff I was gonna do! :pppp  Half-beam construction is one of my favorite architectural features.  (PS - if you think drawing bay windows is bad, try building them in real life!  Stupid fancy roofs!  LOL ;-)

To everyone who created the Luna Engine, just got it and I think its going to help me do some custom stuff I have wanted to try and do but didn't know enough about scripting yet to even attempt.  I haven't had time to try anything with it yet but I hope in the year ahead to have some cool stuff to show. (edited to fix the credit, oops!)

And finally, Pioneer Valley Games.  Kind of owe you special thanks.  When I first thought about getting RPG Maker I was on the fence, but then I saw your High Fantasy graphics packs and I was sold.  See, one of my all time favorite RPGs was a game called Sacred.  Your graphics reminded me a lot of that game and when I realized that eventually I could make my own game like Sacred, I was hooked.  I haven't bought the graphic packs yet because I've since realized I need to learn a lot first, and that includes making my own graphics to go with them.  But eventually I plan to buy the whole set and anything else you produce.

Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
1) Tell us about your most memorable Christmas/winter holiday.

Actually, my most memorable winter holiday was years ago, when I first discover game making. I've always thought game making was not for children, and only those who understand programming could do so. I still remember googling those innocent words, "how to make rpg easily", and RPG maker showed up, bringing hope for the me back then. It was still the VX and XP version back then. Couldn't finish any game using RPG maker (yeah, I did finish a game using Renpy) but hope I can manage to finish one someday! 

2) Write a wish-list of the 3 products you want the most.

-LUNA ENGINE! Gosh, I need to use cap to show how much I want this one.  Bought it myself, lol! Can't resist :D

-Pixel Myth: Germania. I still can't use it because of the limited style, but heck, that looks beautiful *_*

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]-ASM Environments. Cause it looks hella cool...  [/SIZE] ;)

-Winter Wonderland Tilepack. Need those shiny brand new tilesets ;_;

3) Give some love to our contributors. They've worked extra hard to make all the shiny goodies.

Thank you for all contributors who have given us so (the leechers) so many goodies to make our RPG maker game better,

Thank you for doing this without any monetary payback,

Thank you for doing this even if it takes so many of your precious time,

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Without you guys, my game would be just a plain RPG maker game that no one would want to play...

You guys rock, man! :D

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
My grandma passed away during winter holiday, and I was oversea that time. (Winnipeg to be exact). And there was no time to go back home. No family dinner. My friends were back to their respective homes enjoying xmas with their respective families. During the night of Xmas, I ordered spaghetti - bolognaise from Pizza Hut to keep me company and well that went bad.

You see, just few minutes after I paid for the spaghetti, I slipped over some kind of slippery ice, and the spaghetti fell over the icy floor (mixed with some snow). And yea, I will always remember the taste of the spaghetti (mixed with dirt and snow) from that cold Xmas night. LOL.

Err....you mean 3 rpgmakerweb products here at http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/product?

If yes then...nope I can't think of any. If I want any of them right now, I would have either paid for them or got them already I guess....

3) Give some love to our contributors. They've worked extra hard to make all the shiny goodies.
To the ones who made Luna Engine and to the ones who made Mythos, the Deep, High Fantasy, and Wild Steam Resource packs:

The world of RPGMaker will not be the same without you guys!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1) Tell us about your most memorable Christmas/winter holiday:   It wasn't really good but it sure was memorable, one year we were decorating the Christmas Tree I was at the front and my little sister was at the back, she reached up to put on a candy cane and knocked the tree right over, almost fell on me but I quickly ran and mom caught it XD
2) Write a wish-list of the 3 products you want the most: I would like Fantasy Building Medieval, Luna Engine, and Winter Wonderland :)
3) Give some love to our contributors. They've worked extra hard to make all the shiny goodies.  :)  Celianna(Great Tiles!), Miss LittleFish (great music!), Lunarea and Eeveryone else, great everything everyone! All have a merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate ;)

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1. A Memeable Christmas:

Probably when we got an SNES as our family gift; pretty much most of us got a game that year as well (though, I was only 6 at the time) it still works, too; it's hooked up to a small HD screen my brother owns. The games all play fairly well, too.

The only one that would possibly even equal that is when my family got a DVD player, and we all pretty much got DVDs (except that the DVD player has pretty much lived out its life...)

2. Wish List

• Luna Engine: it looks awesome and I really want to mess around with it.
  •  Dark Heroes: I really like the look of these characters; I'd love to make something using them.
  • Modern Day Music Pack: truthfully, I probably have more than enough music stored on my computer already, but there's a lot about this pack that just makes it seem worth it.
3. Thanks to Contributors

There's no way I could possibly single out just one; I pretty much just use what I need to in any project I'm working on (though definitely Celianna and Lunarea's tilesets are a go-to in most cases; though I have been trying to use the DS/DS+ tiles lately) Even outside of the shop section, there's so many people on here that seem so talented at what they share that it really does seem impossible just to say thank you to one person and be done with it. I really do love being a part of this community and seeing all the amazing things people share. 

Marsigne

Hello There
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hour 4! this is getting interesting, and awesome! :D xD

Hour 3 Winners: valkill101, Cluly, Elyain, ksjp17

Congrats, winners!

Hour 4 contribution: Quigon, which composed some really nice tracks! Go check it out!

Reminder: Since it isn't in the first post, I think I'll post this reminder until it gets in there xD, the reminder is: Please don't suscribe to the topic, because it might overload their system! :) , thanks for your help :)

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
Luna, just got your Engine and I think its going to help me do some custom stuff I have wanted to try and do but didn't know enough about scripting yet to even attempt.  I have had time to try anything with it yet but I hope in the year ahead to have some cool stuff to show.
I think you mean Nessy and the team for that one, if you're talking about Luna Engine~ ^.^

I want to give a big thanks to those who have contributed so much to the community over this past year. I remember the community before VX and Ace came out. Many content creators left due to no recognition. Great people who created awesome graphics.

One particular person comes to mind - a young lady by the nick of Roco. Roco is forgotten by many in the community, even though they were all too happy to use her facesets for their games. I'm ashamed to admit I had to ask Nessy her name because I'd forgotten it. I shouldn't have. Roco was an amazing artist who created a really awesome set of facesets in conjunction with Blue's character sprites. She never got recognition for them - people always gave the credit to Mack or Blue, but never to her.

And that is something that we should never, ever allow to happen again. When someone is forgotten, their efforts feel empty and they leave. And everyone misses out on awesome resources, just because their original creator was ignored, forgotten or never know. This is why credit is so very important and why we should always endeavour to give thanks, but also accredit resources properly.

Thank you, all of you wonderful creators. You give a lot to the community - more than you probably know. People enjoy the flexibility of different styles for making their games. They enjoy adding bits and pieces to make better maps. They love making their dreams reality by using the scripts you supply. They love listening to music and adding them 'just so' into their projects, so that they can get the right feel for an area.

Without you, there would be a lot less games out there - a lot less dreams coming true. You guys deserve all the love you get, and more.

On behalf of the community, thank you.

Meiri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

Last year's christmas was the most memorable for me, I think. During the year, I was sick all the time, got into a lot of trouble and had tons of fights... but on that christmas, everything was peaceful. It was just me and my parents, chilling. No loud music, no bad thoughts... and, of course, the presents. ;)

Hard choices!  :distrust:  But, if it's three...

- Royal Tiles

- Medieval Buildings Pack

- Shrouded Wonder Music Pack

3) Give some love to our contributors.

First of all, thank you all for your hard work. This community won't be the same without you all.  :D

Thank you for helping us and taking time out of your schedules just to show us your amazing resources -  that's the kind of kindness I don't think I could ever give enough thank yous for. 

Merry christmas (or anything you celebrate in the holidays) for the staff, and thank you again! 

Tuxedo Leila

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1) I remember that time when my family was living in Iraq during the 2nd year of the Iraq War. It was around the end of January, nearing Eid-al-Adha I think, and it snowed for the first time in more than 20 years in that region. Everyone went outside in their t-shirts to go and play, adults and children alike, for nearly 3 days. I don't think I'll ever forget that winter.
2) Luna Engine, RPG Maker XP Remastered OST, Rural Farm Tiles.
3) Gahhh where to start!?!?!

Thank you, Enterbrain, for bringing people from many parts of the world together through RPG Maker.

Celianna and Lunarea - You guys have given so much to the community and you've inspired many people to make their own resources and contribute as well.

Grandma Deb - I don't know how you do it, but you organize lists of basically any type of resource and always help members find what they are looking for.

Avery - For her amazing icons (more than 1000 made omg).

Restaff Staff - You've all been giving resources to the community for more than 2 years and continue to do so. Thank you so much!

All Staff - For being so organized and respectful to us members.

I'm probably forgetting some but I will come back and add their names here. Seriously, you guys are the best. :)

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And a special shout out to Ms Littlefish for making me feel really welcome on the forum (her music is awesome too, check it out!)
Oh gosh, you're so sweet! Thank you. I'm happy I made you feel welcomed. I always try to make time to chat with people and I'm really stunned with the work you've done in such a short time. Have a wonderful holiday. :)

I'll write the other contributors a proper thank you when I get home from work but so far I am thoroughly delighted to be a member of this event on both ends.

EliteKilljoy

Beta Tester, English Proofer, German Translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Most Memorable Christmas/Winter Memory:

The year before my great grandmother passed away, I specifically remember a day that she came over to visit us. She seemed happy and all, but we could all tell that she was getting close to her time, just because she was so old. She didn't have anything wrong with her and she wasn't in any pain, so we decided to treat her to a day out. We went everywhere she wanted to go and did everything she wanted to do. After the day was done, I knew that even if she died then, we would all be happy, including her, because of the time that we got to spend together. It turns out that she did die about a week later, painlessly and in her sleep. It was sad, yes, but I am so glad to have gotten to spend that time with her.

Wishlist:

-Fantastic Buildings: Medieval

-Modern Day Tiles

-RPG Maker DS Resource Pack

Love:

Honestly, all of these resources are AWESOME! I've gotten all of my things for games from people like you and I REALLY appreciate it! You're awesome! <3

Bloodmorphed

Dungeon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

-When I was younger we got a trampoline. Although I don't remember it much I loved the hell out of that thing.

2) Write a wish-list of the 3 products you want the most. (I'm guessing this is only RPG Maker Based lol)

(I can't view the stores/steam ATM so I'll just go off memory)

-Luna Engine

-DS Pack

-Pretty much anything I don't have yet

- I love you all! No seriously I do. Without you all resources would be hard to come by. Your hard work makes some peoples life easier. 

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last Christmas was the first since years without any trouble (and it was the last one with my beloved grandfather). It was just one of thoose perfect christmas evenings full of love and without any arguments, health issues or other problems.

Hard to tell any details, but there is this warm feeling related to it <3

Ah, I'm currently not making a game, so I'm way more interested in studying and learning for the packs than using them^-^' I admire Sharms Pixel Myth Pack, she has such awesome skills and her work on water and plants is gorgeous! The DS+-Pack seems also very interesting. And playing around with the Luna Engine seems to be a lot of fun!

I'm so bad at expressing my admiration >///<

Thank you for all the inspiration you gave me, for all the encouragement and all the hard work you put into your contributions <3

I hope you all have an amazing christmas!

diablodevil2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1. Well~ One Christmas, there was a tiny (Like, half inch by half inch) present for me hung on the tree. I had felt it, and could tell, it was a little piece of plastic used for my step-mom's knitting hobby. But, my Dad insisted it was a Spy Camera for the week or so leading up to Christmas. on the day, I opened it, and wham!...A little piece of plastic, and we got a silly laugh out of it.

Fast forward about a year...There's another tiny present for me. Grooan. I almost throw it out, but Dad insists I open it. I do, and...it's the tiniest folded 100 dollar bill I've ever seen. That was pretty exciting. Although, another time, he hid a 50 in a ball-point pen for my present. That was pretty fun too. 

Being a bit older now, last year I took a page from my Dad's book. Having bought a Lego set for my young brother, I made sure to tell him to read the instructions when he did decide to open it up and put it together; In the pages I had taped a few 20's, and re-sealed the box. Hidden surprise gifts like that can be fun!

2. I'd like the Luna Engine, Modern Day Tiles, and Modern Shop set!

3. Thank you for the neat raffle/giveaway guys! It's kind of you to give copies of your wonderful work out for the season. 

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Banner created by Vexed Enigma.

'Tis that time of the year when we get together with friends and family, enjoy delicious food and share in the joy and wonder of the season. Whether you're celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, Festivus, Hogswatch or just-another-winter-day, us folks at RPG Maker Web wish you a happy and safe holiday.
Hogswatch? o_O Discworld fan I see! :p

Sorry for the random response but I came across that last night and it just fit so perfectly. ^_^
It's become an annual tradition for us to have a grand event each year where we give back to the community. We give back by sharing free resources from some of our most talented artists and musicians. We also give away free copies of our fantastic resource packs and programs. Every hour, we will share a new resource and select a brand new set of winners.

This year, we have an extra special treat – an incredible gift for one very lucky participant. We will be gifting them 12 of our products, as well as a free 12-month subscription to our Member+ plan. Member+ is a service that has some wonderful perks, including a major discount on our products (up to 40%), as well as free exclusive bonus resources that are usually released every month. Our bonus resources are created by some of the same talented artists and musicians who are behind many of the RPG Maker DLC resource packs.

And it is thanks to the generosity and support of all of our Member+ subscribers that we are able to have today's grand event. Please join me in extending them our gratitude.

I'm sure you're getting antsy at this point and want to see the amazing resources and how to win some prizes. So, without further ado...

To participate in the event, please do the following.

3) Give some love to our contributors. They've worked extra hard to make all the shiny goodies. :)

Only one entry per participant, please. Winners will be chosen via our trusty random number generator every hour, and the names will be shared in this post.
#1 Most memorable Christmas:

My most memorable Christmas has to be the time about 15 years or so ago when the weather stayed warm until after Christmas and we picked fresh vegetables from the garden for Christmas dinner. Fresh broccoli picked Christmas afternoon in New York State... That was a first!

#2 Wish list: Hard one... So many things I want. Since you said "products" I am assuming you mean ones from the store rather than directly from other forum members so...  The "Cinematic Soundtrack", the "Modern Day Tiles Resource Pack", and the "High Fantasy Mega Bundle" would be my picks.

#3Give some love to the contributors? What do you mean? A "Shout out" to the ones who's resource we most like or something?

If so then Venka definitely deserves to be among them! Her scripts are a big help to me and she is always willing to answer any questions about them and often to customize them to fit a specific project!

If you mean specifically the ones who provided free resources for this then "Thank you all! Your resources are lovely!"

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
oh my gosh I love the statue Lunarea! I will use it for sure in my game 8 D! 

Vexed..........I will use it when I will have the ds pack in hand =w= and after I will do awesome map with it muhahah!

Marsigne

Hello There
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hour 5! Woah, what is that?! wait, it's... it's back! It's Blank! (LOL) let's fight him again, people! xD

Blank: I am back, you all can't defeat me, bwahahaha!

Michael: Let's see who's right, with over 30 people in here against you.

Blank: Haha, don't be coward, I want a 1vs1!

Michael: Teamwork is the essence of us; we fight together, as a team!

Hour 4 Winners: Nikorayu, Avery, CupcakeDreamer, whitesphere

Congrats, winners!

Hour 5 contribution: 

Lunarea comes with 1 set! RMVX trees painted in VX-Ace style, a grand magicitan statue, also in VX-Ace style, and a sprite of a boy in snow gear! Nice stuff!

VexedEnigma comes with another set! More DS-styled originals, thanks for the extra stuff! nice!

Reminder: Please don't suscribe to the topic, because it might overload their system! :) , thanks for your help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomtomsan17