Dat namedrop tho.

(@Michael)

Last edited by a moderator:

Commotion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
1)The most memorable christmas is when I actually spent all day helping at a Food pantry
2) Three Products I want the Most-

a)Rural Farm

b)Futuristic Tiles

c)Pixel Myth
3) Pfft they need more then Love, They practically made rpgmaker what it is, with so much resources they have made rpgmaker something new and fun to play with, we can make rpgmaker games what we want, how we want so a Thanks is all I can give over a computer but it doesnt really come close to what they deserve.

Infinite Angel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EnglishFilipino
Primarily Uses
 Last year, in a similar event in RPG Maker Web, I think I already answered such "Most Memorable Christmas" question.

It would most  likely be about the time when I wished that the sword I made (by combining a relatively small crossbow toy with a  barbecue stick)  - be  given actual magical powers or the time when I got several toy gifts from my grandmother and mother because  i helped them gift-wrap toys.  

As for my wish-list for the products I would want the most: 

1. RMDS+ Expansion: Retro Sci-Fi Resource Pack 

2. Always Sometimes Monsters Environment Pack 

3. Manga Maker Comipo! 

It might help to communicate my thanks to the artists and contributors and admin and staff of RPG Maker Web for continually working to expand the experience of  RPG Making with RPG Maker with high quality resources and excellent service. 

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) Tell us about your most memorable Christmas/winter holiday.

I can only remember two Christmases in the past. When my brothers and I were real little, one year I went into their room on Christmas Eve and we stayed up all night talking. It's the most fondest memory, sadly. The most memorable Christmas is, unfortunately depressing. As we grew older, my family simple stopped celebrating. We didn't eat food together anymore, didn't exchange cards or gifts; we just treated it as a normal day.

One of the last years I spent with my family before moving to another state, I stayed in my room as usual. I was known as a hermit. My brothers invited some of their friends over, and my mother was in the living room, drunk and my father watching Football in the main bedroom. Their friends gave out candy, but no one came to knock on my door and ask me if I wanted any.

I suppose it's my fault for not leaving my room.

Nowadays, we WISH we could all spend Christmas together (except for my parents, they can't stand each other). ;_;

2) Write a wish-list of the 3 products you want the most.

This was a tough list. I wanted to list three that would make sense and not clash with each other. Here are my choices; chosen because of the variety they can give to RTP-based games. ^^

- Fantastic Buildings Medieval

- Wild West Tiles

- Arabian Nights

3) Give some love to our contributors. They've worked extra hard to make all the shiny goodies.

When I saw the icons created by Celianna, I must say I was excited. They are well done, and remind me of Western RPGs, which is always awesome. Perhaps I can learn from them. The DS tiles are a great extension of the DS Resource Pack, as I was wanting more. The tiles are cute, and nice. Also, Lunarea's trees are so cool, and many people will be glad for XP-styled trees that ACTUALLY match VX/ACE, professionally! So yay!

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
This is truly amazing stuff, and I can't believe that there will be even more goodies that all these wonderful artists will share for FREE? I think It's amazing how you all contribute to the community and help all of us in our journey to fulfill a dream. I just want to THANK all of you for the wonderful work, and all the care you put into your work, It's just mind-blowing.

I feel ashamed that I have been here for this long and still havn't upgraded my account to member+... It's something that I just have to change as soon as I get my next payment, It's time for it. I just feel that after everything that I have recieved from this wonderful forum, I just have to start giving back in the only way I can.

Love the free resources so far, and the iconset from Celianna is truly a godsend since I realized that I'm currently using a iconset with ripped icons that I got rid of recently. Having trouble to find something that would work for my skills have been unsucessful, and then I get to use these. Once again amazing.

Thought I could join in on the event as well:

1) Tell us about your most memorable Christmas/winter holiday.

Well my most memorable christmas/winter holiday is both very sad, but also filled with nice memories. It was back in 1994 and I was 7 years old. Me and my family had been in town all day, exhausted from the shopping spree of buying the last christmas gifts. The entire family had booked tickets for the Lion King, and off we went to the cinema. On our way there I remember that we were a bit late (typical when it comes to my family), and I remember that we were waiting at a crossover and my sister barely escaped being hit by a car (it was inches away, scary stuff). After a stressful journey to the cinema we finally sat down to enjoy the amazing Lion king for the first time, and boy was I enchanted by this masterpiece right from the start. During the insanely sad scene (If you have seen the Lion King, I suspect you know what I'm talking about) I could feel that something was wrong, even though I was of course sad about the fact that Mustafa was dead (Now you def now which scene I'm on about, spoilers aside?). But more than that I could actually feel that something else was wrong, but I didn't know excactly what it was. 

After the amazing movie, and a whole car journey back home filled with chatter about it, we finally got home. A little while after we steped inside, the phone rang. It was from the hospital (My grandmother had been taken in due to a brain tumour a while back), and things were looking critical for her. We gathered up again, and began a second trip with our car. Since I was young, I didn't really realize how ill grandmother actually was at the time, so I was patiently waiting for mom and everyone to finish the errand at the hospital while I was reading some new magazine I had. My sister, and my cousins were also there and since they were a bit older than me they read the situation a lot better than me, and I remember that I thought they were acting kind of strange. 

After a while mom steped out, crying her heart out and I remember I was completely stunned and wondered why she was crying. After she had settled down a bit she and my aunt came out and told us that grandma had finally found her rest. All of us children were then taken to the room grandma was in, and our parents led us to her bedside. I remember taking her hand and she was still warm, and she looked just as if she was sleeping. My older cousins and my sister began to cry and asked if grandmother was really gone. That's when everything made sense to me, and it was the very first time I had experienced death in my own life. The scene with Mustafa went through my head, and I remember that odd feeling I had felt at the time. After some time thinking about that I thought it was Grandmas way to say goodbye, and I still hold that dear to me even to this day. 

Even though I had to say goodbye to my grandma that year, I had one of the most amazing holidays of my childhood. I visited my similar-minded cousin for a whole week, playing amazing games on the snes that he had got for christmas and I was so insanely envy of him. We built snow castles on his backyard and I met all of his friends that I would spend a lot of time with while being there, and during my childhood. We went to the local store to buy some textblocks in order to create our, at the time 'amazing' games with to our ficitional gaming consoles. We blew up his neighbours mailbox with firecrackers, and like children, innocently answered that we had nothing to do with it. And once christmas eve came, my dad surprised me and my sister with our first very own Super Nintendo with Castlevania 3, Super Mario all stars and Zelda: A link to the past. The joy and excitement that day was only the christmas-feeling you can have as a child. All night, me, my friends and my sister played it, and It was in that moment that I got hooked on Castlevania, and gaming for real.

That's probably my most memorable christmas and even one of the sharpest memories of my childhood. 

2) Write a wish-list of the 3 products you want the most.

Wow, a tough one to bring down to only 3. There are so many things I want in the shop (And I have already bought many of them), but my ultimate wish list would be the following:

Dear Santa~

- Luna Engine

- Medieval buildings

- Magnificent quest - Music pack.

3) Give some love to our contributors. They've worked extra hard to make all the shiny goodies.  :)

First off I thought about thanking everyone in person for all their amazing work, but I realized that this post is long as it is. So I just want to share my biggest thanks to everyone that contributes to this community! I'm not really sure what we would do without all of you wonderful artists. I have found so much inspiration looking (and listening) at all your work, and it was actually you that introduced me to the rpg maker engine, and the forums altogether. You are amazing, and It's insane that you put out your hard work for us 'normal' users (I call myself normal users since I don't have much to give myself, sadly) and especially for free. THANK YOU, you are all amazing :)

- I hope that you will somewhat be able to read my post, I'm very tierd and I tend to write and talk like a dipshit then xd Oh, and apologize for the slight wall of text :|   -

Signing off,

~Dark.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is my favorite time of year on the forums because I love reading everyone's stories. They always make me smile, laugh, and sometimes cry a little. I can't really express how great the community here has been. The last few years have been a bit rough for me and this community is just FULL of really nice people that will bend over backwards to help out or be shoulder to lean on. It really is like a big family, there's some little spats every now and then but everyone always makes up.

The community here has really restored my faith in humans.. just to see that there are still nice people out there :) I don't want anything, I just want to give my heartfelt thanks for everyone that has shaped this community into what it is.. the list here is endless. Thank you all.

Oh I also love how global the community is here and thanks to all the non-US folks that put up with my stupid questions.. Like what's TV programming like.. or is x stereotype for y counter really true? Thanks to Dalph and Bukarett for all their little flirting cause it puts smiles on my face to remember being at the start of a good relationship :) And thanks to GrandmaDeb because she reminds me so much of my mother.. and every time I see her name.. it reminds me I need to give her a call :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Aaaah Vexed, it's all just too awesome. Now my palace/castle has some lovely beds.

Octopot's adorable, the others scare me D: 

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hour 7! The fight with Blank starts! and people starts to join!

Michael: *Run into Blank, attempting to punch him, but he evades it and fail, get punched and fled away* Woah. Where is the community? Hey, you!

hotfirelegend: What, me?

Michael: Yes, you! Help me defeat this guy!

hotfirelegend: You've called the right guy! *prepares*

Blank: Haha, you fools can't defeat me.

Michael: Come here. *whispers hotfirelegend: I will distract him and you attack, okay?*

hotfirelegend: *whispers Michael: that's a given, let's go*

Hour 6 Winners: Candacis, antega34, Hudell, Ms Littlefish

Congrats, winners!

Hour 7 contribution: 

Tyle Warren comes with an awesome set of battlers! go check it out!

VexedEnigma comes with another set! haha! DS-Styled originals, go check it out!

Reminder: Please don't suscribe to the topic, because it might overload their system! :) , thanks for your help :)

byronclaude

Master of all things... (except the things I am no
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I already posted once earlier, but can't resist throwing this in here:

The many resources are fantastic....

...but I'm in love with the banner at the very beginning of this thread!   :D :D :D  Awesome job Vexed Enigma!

I can't decide what is more awesome - the facial expressions, the cute little reindeer outfit, or the cool snowy background.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
these resource are to much awesome ._.

tyler battler are a little scary xD 

and like usual...you are awesome darby~

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
1) My most memorable Christmas

I have a tie between 3 from 3parts of my life but I'll get you the spectacular one:

Sleeping in a DUNGEON in a LARPG banquet, theater and workshop establishment after a HUGE banquet and game and in the morning, breakfast!

(I might wonder why I picked up that one; I wasn't myself most of the time there! -Playing a humanofeline-)

2) My personal wish-list of the 3 products I want the most here?

I cannot have them all so let takes the most usefull...

Luna Engine

IG Maker (Dunno yet if it is compatible with RPG Maker VX Ace but canno't harm to peek a look!)

Beginner's Guide to RPG Maker Audio

3)  Hey thank you for this thread and all the goodies, the support and making my life a bit less gloomy overall today (don't ask!).  Cyber mental kisses and hugs to all who linked me this forum and then that tread, encouraged me and pushed in my back in the rainy days.  To all those teachers of game creation, scripting, eventing, doodling and making the sweetest symphonies when not sending me links for the next sprite to animate on an inspiring tune, my 100+ subscribers in Steam RPG Maker Vx Ace community upon Custom Housing!, Devs who made that possible and the one who needed a French translation for her Engine when I needed to feel useful... *takes mental breath to reread if I make sense here* ... MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!  And may 2015 be fulfilling, healthy and free of bugs!  (Especially free of vampiric nocturnal ones) THANK-YOU all again!

8BitGoggles

CyberWizard
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tell us about your most memorable Christmas/winter holiday.

I thought about this for awhile. A lot were mundane. But there's one that really sticks out for me, and that is the Christmas of 2011. It's important for me for various reasons, like it was the first Christmas I'd come home from university for. It had also one of the worst nights we'd ever suffered due to bad neighbours. They had a really loud Christmas party. So loud you could hear it throughout our house. We ended up calling the police because it was so bad.

Eventually that all calmed down...but that's not the bit I want to talk about, it's the bit where I had friends to talk to throughout the whole day. I could talk to my newly-made university friends over IRC and we had a tinychat group call late at night, which was absolutely brilliant after the incident earlier in the night with next door.

Write a wish-list of the 3 products you want the most.

Ooo, 3? This might be tough.

High Fantasy: Main Party Pack II

DS+ Resource Pack

Luna Engine

Give some love to our contributors. They've worked extra hard to make all the shiny goodies.

Lunarea and Celianna's sets never fail to inspire and impress me. Jesse of Pioneer Valley's High Fantasy packs blow me away!

Some epic love to all the scripters, tutorial makers, demo makers out there. You're so helpful! <3

I also want to give the staff some love for hosting these contests, hosting the ones on the Facebook page, and generally taking the time to lead this community and provide an excellent example to us all. You're all fabulous. <3

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
:o I think I was chosen! What does this mean? What exactly do I win? Do I get to pick?

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll explain all the prizes and everything after the event is done. :D
Okay :D

I hope I get to pick some of it though. There's some stuff I've really been wanting.

Edit: Also I might be sleeping when the event ends so don't pass me up or something if I don't reply immediately :o

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sooo many songs this hour! Thank you, JDB. I haven't had time to listen to them all, but I really like the Christmas - A Mysterium track. :)

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hour 8! An interesting fight is being built!

Michael: *runs into Blank while hotfirelegend runs away, going to sneak Blank from the back*

Blank: *punches Michael and Michael flew away, then got punched by hotfirelegend and quickly turns back while flying, tried to hit hotfirelegend*

Hotfirelegend: *evades Blank's punch and went some steps back*

Michael: We need some more people, haha, how come I first could defeat him alone.

Blank: *turns to Michael* You didn't defeat me, fool, I was just playing with you.

Hotfirelegend: *sneaks and attempt to punch Blank, but Blank evade it and attempted to hit him, but once again fails and once again steps back, more than before*

Michael: Haha, let's see who's right.

hotfirelegend: *whispers to himself: Where do he get that reflexes? hahaha.*

Michael: Hey, that robot could be useful to us!

Matseb: *ignores*

Michael: Haha, where are you going? come on, we need as most help as we can.

Blank: Haha, you dependent fool.

Michael: No, Blank, do I have to explain you a million times?

Matseb: Do not confuse the gym with the magnesia, Blank. *shoots a missile from the hand and blows Blank away, making him fly away*

Michael: Woah!

Hour 7 Winners: Mellipon, Little Paw, Tuxedo Leila, Alkorri

Congrats, winners!

Hour 8 contribution: 

JDB Artist comes with an awesome music resources pack! go check it out!

Reminder: Please don't suscribe to the topic, because it might overload their system! :) , thanks for your help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightnvs