13 Alt Menu Screens

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by SumRndmDde, May 4, 2016.

1. Ganzimaro

Ganzimaro Villager Member

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can somebody help? I use " Alt Menu Screen: Busts and Icons ", and I can`t do that when icons hover, they changed, and also how remove the shimmering background behind the icons. Give advice or a hint where to look for information.

Edit:
    Problem was solved with the use of SELECT and UPDATE CURSOR, who needs a code, write me to the PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  2. lvkennelly

lvkennelly Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ahh thank you so much for making these!! I especially love the new Bust and Icons menu! :3 <3

I'm having a bit of trouble with it in my project though and just wondered if you could help? Not sure if it's anything to do with the fact my project is full screen/fit screen resolution size, but I tried turning this plugin off and still had the same problems so don't think it can be that.. But basically none of the icons are showing up, I've made sure the numbers are actually on the iconset haha and I've tried adjusting the x and y positions of the icons to see if they magically appear from somewhere but no luck! D:

I've put a screenshot below (background image etc just a random google one and the rpg maker busts just to test it) to show you how it's looking, I just can't work out where the icons have run off to!

newhelp.png

Also when I try adjusting the x and y positions of the busts by anything they completely disappear as well so not sure what's going on there! Wondered if you have any idea? :S

Sorry to be a pain! I absolutely love the work you've done and it looks great in a blank project! :D  It just isn't having any of it in my project haha! Maybe if there's not a way to fix it could I maybe be super cheeky and request a menu like this but for fullscreen so all the positions are more fitted for a big screen? :3 Thanks again though!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2016
  3. Ganzimaro

Ganzimaro Villager Member

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi. Judging by the screenshots, can be said that the icons do not appear likely because of the conflict from another plugin. Have you tried to disable other plugins? The problem with icons remained?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2016
  4. SumRndmDde

SumRndmDde Follower of RNGesus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Wow....that's really weird...

What Plugin are you using to display the background in the menu?

What would happen if you turned it off? Do the Icons appear again? :0

5. TarebearGames

TarebearGames Aspiring Game Maker! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @SumRndmDde THANK YOU!!!!! First time newbie here, I read through everything and I'm trying to make this for Mac / iOS that will work ok? Ty!!

@Ice Bear what tutorial did you use to change the border and color? I want to do good filagree with flowers and then:

Gold

Skills

Equipment

Weapons

All that! But I want to get my menu down first before getting into the meat of the game haha!

6. SumRndmDde

SumRndmDde Follower of RNGesus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Should work for all games, despite their export format. :)

As for what Ice Bear did, they simply changed the Window.png file in /img/system/

That file is known as your Window Skin and can be changed to make your game more unique.

You can find some pretty epic, customized Window Skins here:

Skotty TV likes this.
  7. kiroweb

kiroweb Villager Member

First Language:
    JP
    Hi, I love your plugin, use Alternative Menu Screen: List.

I want put there actors Lv, and their statous icons if you can.

Thanks.

8. InkPotion

InkPotion I've moved accounts! Now RunePotion. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Hello! I love the Bust Select Menu, would you be able to add an option to hide the Hp bar? Or that box entirely?

9. Cuprite

Cuprite Previously Golden Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I tried to use your Window Skin option plugin with the Info Box and Face Bar menu plugins and the actual info window didn't change.
    Since they're both your plugins, I just figured you'd understand what happened here.
    The window skin plugin is above the menu plugins in case you needed to know that.

Attached Files:

10. Momijisu

Momijisu Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey - I know it's the wrong thread to ask - kind of? - But did you ever manage to make the FF12 style menu? And any chance you might revisit the menu for RPG Maker MV?

11. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Momijisu You're right, absolutely the wrong thread to ask. Please post to the topic.

Have you checked the Plugin Repository to see if what you are looking for is there?

12. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Request: Link to the Past Style

13. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't think the author is active anymore.
    Does anyone know how I can remove the money display box, and push the position of the menu up to the center?

[​IMG]

By the way, is there anyway to add the player's name under the picture?

14. Mr. Detective

First Language:
    English
    Bumped.

Can anyone help? :p

15. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mr. Detective The author (SumRndmDde) is still active, although to be honest, these Alt Menu's are kind of Obsolete now. With his Super Tools Engine you can edit the appearance of any menu allowing you to make it as custom as you'd like instead of relying on the Alt Menu as a base. You should however be able to use the Alt menu + Super Tools in conjunction which would allow you to move the position of the menu command window up to centre. I think if you change the width of the Gold Window to 0 you could theoretically hide it. There isn't a 'Window Maker' yet that would allow you to easily create a window with the actor name, but if you were to remake the menu from scratch with Super Tools you might be able to figure it out/ SRD might make a Window Maker plugin in the future/ you could ask someone on the forum how to make a window that shows Actor1's name.

16. Mr. Detective

First Language:
    English
    Thanks.
    I did try to use his super tool to edit the menu. But I could only remove the gold window. The rest stays the same. :(

17. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When you reposition a window, you don't edit the width/height. With the right window selected, you click on the game screen and it'll move the window.

I'd recommend you watch the tutorial. Info about editing the menu starts around 9 mins.

If you've tried that and it's not saving, make sure you've got the latest version of MV + the plugin (It moved to 1.25 recently.) Supertools needs to go at the top of the plugin list. You should also try it out on a blank project first, to make sure it's not an incompatibility with the alt menu.

18. Alexander Hawksmoor

Alexander Hawksmoor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @SumRndmDde, I was going through your menus and was quite happy with the bust and icon menu, do you think you could make a system that would allow me to make something like this, just a little project I drew up in gimp as an example.

Attached Files:

19. ScytheX

ScytheX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    hello sorry to bud in but do you have a link to that hud lay out or is it just for your project only? ^

20. cekobico

cekobico Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    This menu has gone through several iterations it no longer look like this anymore lol so technically I no longer have the .js for this look since I'm dumb and saved over it instead of making new file :|