byronclaude

Master of all things... (except the things I am no
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dare to dream for just a moment...

...if you could transport yourself into the world of any game, and from within that world, you were able to look upon its beauty in real world dimension (it would appear real) - for 15 minutes...  where would you go, and why?

I would go to the Zora's lair in Ocarina.  The place is both surreal and serene.  It is peaceful, beautiful, and nothing like I have ever seen.  I love many other places, but if I only could choose one, it would be here.

Where would you go?      :)

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, if you went into a Zelda game you could back flip throughout the entire kingdom of Hyrule all like "What up?" Or side step all through Kakariko nonchalantly, smile, and wave at the carpenters. Good times.

I don't know. This is such a difficult question to answer! Just one? 

OK, so Guild Wars 2. Right? Who wants to go to the Ruins of Orr/Cursed Shore? I do! Sure, It's an otherworldly waste land full of ghoulish things, but there is something so breath taking about these locations and set pieces, too.  The color palette is so interesting. Yes, I'd get eaten alive. So I'd need to work around that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd fly up over the fields of Westfall in World of Warcraft and watch the sun set on the sparse buildings and on the iron golems that are mindlessly and eternally patrolling the abandoned vegetable patches.  I remember feeling something so beautiful, so unsettling, so...evocative as I peered into the distance here from a safe place up on a hill as the warm sunlight cast the whole dilapidated town in golden tones.

Reavenator

Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I would like to go to one of my own settings, so that I will be worshiped as a god!

Only that....I never actually released a game  :(

Seriously, though, I would like to go to the ruins of Zanarkand from final fantasy 10. I have a thing for sunken ruins.

I was going to say shell 1 from Septerra core at first, but since I'm afraid of heights, I don't think that going there is a good idea.

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd have to go for something beautiful... But also somewhere I won't get killed in that 15 minutes.

The final level in Journey,"apotheosis", for example.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Kinda torn between World of Warcraft's Dalaran, Uldum, and Ulduar

Dalaran: I love the view of the Crystalsong forest trees, and the Storm Peaks.

Uldum: The Egyptian styled settlement of Ramkahen at Uldum and looking towards the giant statues and the floating dungeon, Vortex Pinnacles.

Ulduar: the Celestial Planetarium is beautiful.

Ekanselttar

It's Finally Happening
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I really want to visit the Fallout world.

Yeah I know it's a radiation-infested wasteland full of ghoulish abominations but I really want to run through the Commonwealth,Atom Bomb Baby blastin' from the pip boy,Dogmeat following,shootin' some ghouls in da face w/ a OP double barreled shotgun,and see all the faux 50's billboards,and looking upon the sunset in the horizon,sitting on a dead Deathclaw.

yep.sounds great

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would go to the back of grima, sure I would be on top of a demon but at the same time I would be flyingn hundreds of feet above the ground on top of a dragon!

If I could have a second choice it would be skyloft from skyward sword.

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm watching The Quest now, which is a reality tv show that's in a fantasy realm with a pre-made story and all, and each episode a challenge occurs that removes one of the potential would-be heroes. It's pretty good and unique compared to other reality shows, and reminds me more of the make believe stories we all played growing up, or even Dungeons and Dragons, and imagined what it would be like to live the tale.

I dare say, they put a lot of effort to give it more of a movie like / role play feel. I'm sure some of the contestants reactions are probably scripted, but the same is probably said for most reality shows.

Lucky guys, though. They're living the dream!

Lizard19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would go relax in the Spring of Grief from Xenoblade Chronicles. It's so serene yet oddly melancholic, it's hauntingly beautiful.

Aleks

Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would go to Pern, near Ruatha Hold or Benden Weyr. I would spend the entire time with the dragons, and looking for a way to transport one of the eggs back with me.

I dream of the Weyrs of Pern. Why does reality have to suck so much? ;_;

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hyrule is definitely on the list, but I'm not sure which version.  Either OOT or ALTTP.  

Also, Kalos, from Pokemon XY.  It's beautiful, elegant, Francelike, and there are Pokemon.  

Oh, and Luxendarc, from Bravely Default, especially Florem and Caldisla, especially if the bgm is playing.

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would get transported to the center of Silent Hill, get scared sh******, and get auto teleported outta there in 15 minutes before I die of fright or get killed. Wait...maybe we should make that 3 minutes. I don't think I can survive 15...  :guffaw:

But that's more of a horror setting. If you are thinking of a classic fantasy setting, I would go to the Temple of Chaos of the original 8 bit Final Fantasy. Just to see what a real version of that would look like.

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So many options...

Zangarmarsh from World of Warcraft comes to mind; it's one of my favorite areas in the game.

On top of the Godbird's Spire from Dragon Quest 8; you can see pretty much anything from up there.

Or maybe the Floating Continent from Final Fantasy 6; again, really high up and can see everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image i made on mon-die morning
Everyday I'm hustlin' hustlin'
And now I'm wondering if I only made progress in learning this engine because I was procrastinating on everything else I need to do...
from twitter:
Therapist: and what do we do with our trauma?
Me: give it to a character
Character: NO
other devs: *carefully plan the battle balance (with actual calculation in sheet)* | Me: *randomly throws numbers and skills to see which works*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltosier