Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, thank you Tale, it was the first link that I was thinking of. The second one looks useful too!

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was actually using the older version of his tool, I used the slower method (1). You need to play with the newer one a bit yourself but it should give you similar results, it's from the same person. There probably aren't too many different settings to choose from.

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see. Try using the link I gave you. Only thing it does it upscale a PNG to 150%. It's easy to use.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to recommend the tool by RyanBram, it's the first link. I have been using the older version which basically just scales anything by 150% with quite good results, like this Vx Ace sheet scaled for MV.
The thread you linked has a post that features an article regarding HD remakes:
http://www.fortressofdoors.com/doing-an-hd-remake-the-right-way

There's a screenshot in that article of Final Fantasy 1's PSP remake:
1594506846550.png
Rofl, doesn't it look like it was made in RPG Maker?...
:rheh:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just wanted to share my technique/settings for scaling sprites to 150%. These are just my personal preferences that I've perfected for my project, which may or may not be to your liking.

1st step is to use the XBR 3x <No Blend> filter, then click "Resize".
1594688247485.png

The image size will automatically be tripled from the original. You'll notice that you cannot change the resolution using XBR 3x <No Blend>. Next, click "Switch" to use the result as your new source image.

2nd step is to use the Lanczos filter, but you'll want to input some settings before clicking "Resize".
1594688179984.png

3rd step is to tweak some of the settings (as shown).
1594688789067.png

You'll notice the "Target Resolution" box isn't grayed out. You'll want to input Width & Height values that are 150% of your ORIGINAL image. If you don't remember, you can simply halve the numbers on the bottom left since that intermediate image is at a 300% scale. Next, check "Use Centered Grid" and set the Radius to 5.00. Now click "Resize". Lastly, click anywhere on the right side (Target Image) to save your image. Voila, you now have a natural looking sprite scaled at 150%!

Edit: Whoops, apologies for double posting...

PS: For 125% scale, I prefer using XBR 4x w/ Lanczos (Centered Grid 1.00).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_3 and People3_4 added!

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olixproductions