16/9 RPG MAKER XP

LayaCube

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Is there a way to put RPG Maker XP in 16/9 ?
And, is there a way to modify the resolution ?
I mean, if I can't put it in 16/9, I would like to put the 4/3 resolution a bit higher
because some sprites get blurred.
Thanks for reading :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Scripts' is where people who have written a script they want to share with others can post it.

[move]RGSS Script Requests[/move]

kyonides

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
There's some scripts and DLL's out there. The last time I've heard about it, the library was for VX Ace. Some people also use Win32API calls to make it happen.

In my case I use my Game.exe replacement called HiddenChest that supports higher resolution than XP's even FullHD.

Jaiden

RMXP Fiend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Short answer: Yes, it's possible and several scripts out there will do it.

Long answer: It's a massive amount of work and I highly advise against it. When you resize the game resolution, bear in mind RMXP was never designed to run outside of 640x480 and every script is hard-coded to these values.

As far as I am aware, there is no script that already does this: you will need to edit every single menu and the battle system to display in the new resolution. This means a good understanding of how menu coordinates and window drawing works.

I did it with my game. I can't recommend it to anyone. I ran into a myriad of issues I wouldn't have been able to fix without help from friends who were verse in Ruby and my own understanding. And, even if you are successful, you'll run into performance issues with the larger graphics size.

If you're just starting off, then I suggest using MV, which will dynamically resize everything with the resolution change, I'm pretty sure.

---

With this disclaimer in mind, you can try this script: https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,7814.0.html

Or, I recommend this script which also uses the VXA engine and improves performance (you must also own RPG Maker VX Ace to use it): https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=12899.0

This one has an option to simply double the window size without getting blurry, which might be a good solution for you with little work.

Last edited:

kyonides

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I've got a script that already modifies 5 important scripts to make them realize the game already provides a different resolution from the very beginning.

You can pm me in case you ever needed.

Plus you can use the script call:

Graphics.frame_rate = 60

To make it run at a similar speed as VX Ace's engine. Of course, I can't guarantee that some autorun events can't make it lag terribly... Be careful with them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thought something big was going down when I saw a riot van and two cop cars outside my home. Nope. Just multiple calls about one man kicking off in the street. xD
RPG Maker MZ does confirm in its RPG Maker website blog about new features. Graphics of course look gorgeous, but how about what keeps the engine together?
This image made me realize... My new sky area needs flying dominoes. :LZSexcite:

Though I will probably make them more awkward in some unforeseen way. :LZSwink:
Lonepixel wrote on ??????'s profile.
You are Dekita? There is any chance to use your plugins to my commercial project, buying the licence, for example?
I was wondering why Amazon Pantry had been out of stock on just about everything lately. Seems like they're moving all their stock to Amazon Prime Now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mocmien