Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ameer - you not only doubleposted, you tripleposted.
If you want to answer several people, then either use multiquote or even better, don't quote at all but use the @ like I did with you now.

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ameer If you're new then make sure to read and follow the forum rules, since you just double-posted again (and I merged them for you again). You can use the '+ Quote' option to quote multiple people in one post.
No no i just don't know how to delete a post i already read them

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I say go for it, just know that rhe more adult your story is the mire scrutiny you should be prepared for as your writing for an audience that generally has higher standards than younger players
Thanks you motivated me

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just read your synopsis...

Im not one to generally sheep on peoples ideas... but...

1wtjfm94xhqcr323pucizfdgb.500x200x17.gif
If you wan't to you can read my reddit thread about this if you want -:
(Forgive me mods if it's against rules of Forums)

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ameer - you not only doubleposted, you tripleposted.
If you want to answer several people, then either use multiquote or even better, don't quote at all but use the @ like I did with you now.
Thanks for suggestion i just learned how to double quote

Silversmith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well this is not my first game but my first commercial game and 18 + content ( Sexual Content ) is also because of a story

To be blunt, I don't think the story is up to commercial standards unless there's something to elevate it above its very common premise.

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To be blunt, I don't think the story is up to commercial standards unless there's something to elevate it above its very common premise.
If you wan't to you can read my reddit thread about this if you want -:

Last edited:

Silversmith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One thing you absolutely must do if you want to go commercial is to improve your written language skills. Your presentation is not professional.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Well we cant known from a quick and very summarized rundown of the story, i've seen successful games whose stories can be shortened to things like that.

Once i played a game where you're a warrior who was manipulated by a god, now you have to go on a quest to power up and defeat that god as revenge, sounds dull doesnt it?
Thats God of War plot in a nutshell

Go with it, get at least a demo and if your focus isnt the +18 stuff then focus on what you really want to achieve, adding those bits as a side theme shouldnt be detrimental to the game experience, try and get feedback.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ameer You were asked not to double post but did it again straightaway.

Double posting is when you post another reply directly after one of your own without a 72 hour gap.

If you want to add something, use the Edit button to add it to your earlier post.

If you want to answer more than one person, either use the .Multiquote button or tag the person by using @ and their username as I did for you on this post.

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ameer You were asked not to double post but did it again straightaway.

Double posting is when you post another reply directly after one of your own without a 72 hour gap.

If you want to add something, use the Edit button to add it to your earlier post.

If you want to answer more than one person, either use the .Multiquote button or tag the person by using @ and their username as I did for you on this post.
Sorry sorry that will not happen again

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes i will try to ask one of my friend to represent my game he's not in community but better than me at representing things

@Silversmith
@BK-tdm

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry sorry that will not happen again
yes i will try to ask one of my friend to represent my game he's not in community but better than me at representing things
first you promise not to double post again, and the very next thing you do is doubleposting again not even five minutes later?
If your own post is the last post in a topic, you should use the edit button and not make another post directly below it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And to multiquote, hit the quote button for each post you want to quote, then hit insert when that option arrives.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The question one should always ask oneself when making explicit content, wether it be sexual or otherwise, text or visual, is: does the game need this?
Does it add something to it?
Now, it doesnt have to add A whole New layer of depth, sometimes it's Just to set A mood, give a character a certain stereotype , give the game some fun spice... But if at any moment the tata's (or blood, or wathever) are just there as decoration without actually adding something your game is better off without them.

Personally I don't shy away from explicit stuff if it has a place other then being there for the sake of being there.

That's my two cents anyway

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using a few adult themes as spice can help a story, but you have to understand the drawbacks as well. Keep in mind that you'll be limited in where you can publish and market such a game. Here on RMW for example, you would most likely not be able to show it off. And if your goal is to make a STEAM game then you'll have to follow STEAM's guidelines as well.

Now, I don't know HOW graphic your "sex scenes" are, maybe they're very tame, maybe they're... over the top? For example, it's easier to get away with just implying something to the player without actually showing it. Let me give you a short example;

"The player reach a new town and there's a story cut-scene at the inn late at night. The entire party is talking, and two party members flirts a little in that conversation. Then when everyone walks back to their room, one of the characters stops outside their own door, waits a bit as if they're thinking, then turn around and walks into another characters room instead(!) Fade screen to black and end cut-scene"

In the above example another party member could build on the above scene though a simple "Wow, Henry, you look tired today", implying he didn't get much sleep. And you could (if you wanted to) keep bringing it up in conversation without actually telling the player what happened. But you also wouldn't have to elaborate it more than that and you'd still get the players imagination running wild. It would work for substance abuse and other R-18 themes as well. Have one character ask another what they're smoking and the second character reply something like "Well... it's not tobacco."

With this kind of "mild" suggestion of adult themes you can spice up the story and still avoid some of the backlash you'll have to expect when sharing a game that deals with that kind of themes. Personally I enjoy games with these kind of ambiguous hints of mature things going on. And I make use of it in my own games as well. If you're ambiguous enough, you'll probably be able to share your game here on RMW even.

As for cuss words and foul language, I've nothing against it as long as it's used sparingly and intentionally, and if it add to the conversation. When I include strong language in a game I'm usually also including a switch to turn it off when you begin the game, or maybe toggle it in the options menu. Thinking about it, you could do the same for those sex scenes if they're graphic. Have an option (on or off) and if turned off you don't have to watch them, instead you fade out the screen ahead of time, using some of that ambiguity I touched on above. I think that could be a great feature! :kaopride:

Straight up showing uncensored CG's (or pixelated sprites... uh... doing, stuff?) is not really something for me though. And I think it's way more difficult to do that sort of thing... well. But there's an audience for it too I guess. Lots of such games being funded on *******.

Also, wow! The most double posting I've ever seen in a thread... :kaomad2:
(Just had to be mentioned since it's borderline funny at this point)

Last edited:

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda
@Finnuval
I don't think my story will get completed without these Sex scenes there will be something incomplete so there will be two or three from which one will just be whole with text and other one will not show too much of nude parts but will contain nudity and there's some Adult theme Dialogues in game . i will also give option to turn Sex Scenes of and on and may be my game will be on Steam , itch.io and GameJolt and Humble Bundle i think most of them allow Adult Games in a separate Section
( I will try not to Double post again )

Jellicoe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ameer, I totally get you and encourage your success! For me, I am actually making something similar, but removing the actual scenes and just implying it with fade out mechanics and other stuff. The reason is I am trying to get a dating sim on Apple App Store and I doubt they would let you add those kind of things so explicitly, so I am adding a plausible deniability factor. However my game will be pretty light hearted, but it won’t really be aimed at kids. However somone could play my game and still like it just one people can enjoy simpsons or family guy but have lots of jokes go over their heads. But really, I think if you can pull it off it’s all for the good! There’s enough room in this world for games of all types. Just don’t make it netotare I hate that stuff lol! Give it a Happy ending!

watermark

Thinking of what to do next
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's actually quite a lot of rm adult games, especially in Japanese. Not that I know anything about this...:kaojoy:

I think including sex and nudity in games is perfectly fine for ADULTS. Because as one gets older, sex, while still titillating, no longer holds the same shock and aura of mystery as for teens. It simply becomes a part of life. In other words, the big deal-ness of sex decreases over time. Oh, look! There's some boobs. Hardeeharhar.

So why still include sex and nudity? Because they can be beautiful and necessary.

Sometimes, I just need a female character to stand in solitude in the middle of an enchanted pond, by a waterfall, bathed in moonlight. It's a really cool scene because the female form is beautiful.
Or have my male protagonist walk around his house naked because that's just how he is.
Or maybe I really feel like doing a game about prostitutes, or gigolos for that matter. What's it like to be one? To experience life as one? You can't make this game without at least some adult content.

Sex is about our primal and carnal side, which sometimes is the story you want told.

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's actually quite a lot of rm adult games, especially in Japanese. Not that I know anything about this...:kaojoy:

I think including sex and nudity in games is perfectly fine for ADULTS. Because as one gets older, sex, while still titillating, no longer holds the same shock and aura of mystery as for teens. It simply becomes a part of life. In other words, the big deal-ness of sex decreases over time. Oh, look! There's some boobs. Hardeeharhar.

So why still include sex and nudity? Because they can be beautiful and necessary.

Sometimes, I just need a female character to stand in solitude in the middle of an enchanted pond, by a waterfall, bathed in moonlight. It's a really cool scene because the female form is beautiful.
Or have my male protagonist walk around his house naked because that's just how he is.
Or maybe I really feel like doing a game about prostitutes, or gigolos for that matter. What's it like to be one? To experience life as one? You can't make this game without at least some adult content.

Sex is about our primal and carnal side, which sometimes is the story you want told.
Well my game is not like those Japanese games you are talking about . It's game of Story and Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonnitaru