Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys

Is there a way/plugin to make 2 busts (left side and right side) in front of dialog box ?
Like conversation (see attached picture 1 and 2)

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    998.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.png
    2.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 10

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys

Is there a way/plugin to make 2 busts (left side and right side) in front of dialog box ?
Like conversation (see attached picture 1 and 2)

Thanks
The bust is a Sprite (which is an extension of the PIXI Sprite). The order in which things in MV/MZ are shown depends not on any Z value, but on the hierarchy in which they are rendered and where they are attached to.

The reason the Busts are shown behind the windows message is because they're usually assign to the Spriteset layer. You need to attach the Sprites as children to the message window instead. Depending on the hierarchy, you can have them show above or underneath the text (which is also a Pixi Object).

There's multiple ways to go about this, depending on how you want to manipualte & control the busts.
I may release a free bust plugin in a month or so alongside a commercial version that allows this and more.

If you simply want to do it the easiest way:
1. Make Plugin Commands through which you can assign an image to handler object (this holds the image ready for the message)
2. Alias the message window and let it have x Sprite Objects on creation that do not have a sprite, but check whether you're holding a sprite within a Handler object. If so, assign that sprite & remove it from the handler (if you want to have to repeat the plugin command for every image) or keep it & let it be overwritten, but modify the Game Interpreter terminate function to empty your handler object.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadlightBC