CharismaticGamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everybody! //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif Ok so here's the problem. I got this hidden book shelf image that i want as a door. This hidden book shelf is 2 square long. When I put the door event it cuts off in the left. I need help fixing this and is driving me crazy. I put images to show what I mean. Please help!

problem #1.PNG

problem #2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What does your animation image file looks like?

Seems like you messed up with the section boundary

CharismaticGamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is how the image looks like in my file

Btw I dont know what you mean by section boundary :c

hiddenstairs4.png

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try this using the same method 

zqwahsz.png

The boundary I am referring to is something like this 

HFtGzjC.jpg

Each separate animation should fall within those boundary to work properly

DbOr77n.jpg

Edit:

If I have a say in any of these, I rather you use the following instead

QLp8Nbz.png

The fact that the stairway is not 100% revealed is messing with my nerves. and I just can't ignore it... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

CharismaticGamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OMG DUDE THANKS! You are awesome! I downloaded your png picture and there was only one problem. I had to put a "$" sign in the front and once it did that it worked like magic. Thank you dude. I hope you don't mind but can you explain to me what the signs, "!", "$" mean? Sorry i'm a noob :c 

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The $ before a file name tells the program that there is only one sprite on the sheet, as opposed to a whole sheet of 8.

The ! before a file name tells the program to draw that sprite directly on the map grid, where as without one the sprite is drawn a few pixels above normally.

You can use !$ before a file name to do both things at the same time.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Regular RTP sprite and grid size is 32x32 pixels.

A regular full sprite sheet is 12 column across and 8 rows high (each row/column is 32 pixels wide) and contains 4 groups of 3x4 sprite sheet (each group occupies 3 columns and 4 rows)

When you have a single 3x4 sprite sheet like the one I uploaded above, you will need to add a $ infront of the image name to tell VXA that it only contains 1 3x4 sprites.

As for the usage of  ! symbol.. normally the sprites and animated objects are moved up by 4 pixels when moving/animating.

Adding the ! infront of the image name disables such action. So for your door, I'd recommend that you use ! instead of $. If the height wasn't affected when you put the shelves alongside the RTP tileset shelf, I guess you can get away with keeping the filename starting with $. I am no longer using RMVXA so I cannot confirm this myself.

CharismaticGamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much guys. I think this post can be closed now. Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tarzanthecat wrote on hiddenone's profile.
THANK YOU SO MUCH ADSKFSJDFSKDF
Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington