2 player battle system

IXVI

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to have like in some of the final fantasy series (6, 9, 4..) to have it where you can have player two control a specific character assigned in battle? Is there a script for this by chance?..

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In default that is not possible - and it wouldn't make any sense because the default is turn-based, and all actors get their commands one after another before everything is executed.

I know of no script that allows for this - mainly because a lot of the custom battle systems are using similiar turn-based mechanics.

There might be cases of real-time battle systems (perhaps those that fight on-map?) which might provide such a function, but I consider that unlikely because RM is targeted at single-player.

But perhaps you've a bit of luck and someone else can link you to such a script...

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
When did those games feature a 2nd player control? And how did it work?

Last edited by a moderator:

IXVI

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
you go to the settings, and configuration. from there you can set certain characters to first or second player. its only on battle screen, not map. my gf and i beat both 9 and 6 on multiplayer. 

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So basically when an actor comes up, whoever it is assigned to has control over it while the other player just has to wait?

IXVI

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yeah. example: FF6 party consisting of:  Terra, shadow, locke and relm (or realm, whatever.) you can set in that configuration that 2nd play can control them all or 2 for each. 

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You want a way to allow players to choose who will control what as well?

IXVI

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..
It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPatisserie