Cecil199

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As I'm continuing to make my game I have 2 questions.

1. I'm creating my own abilities first one is double slash I want it to show the animation of the character swing the sword once then once more basically like 2 normal attacks. Instead it shows some yellow animation then he puts out his hand and it hits the enemy twice. I have the skill set under physical attack and animation normal attack. Repeat is set on 2 I have the skill type under special so in battle you have to hit the special command then select the ability you would like to use.

2. When you first start the game and step outside your house I want it to show like the sun glimming across the screen then going away then you can move your character this might be more difficult to do or possibly not?

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. I think you would want to use Yanfly's Action Sequence for something like that? I'm not sure, hopefully someone has a better answer than mine.

2. When you first start the game and step outside your house I want it to show like the sun glimming across the screen then going away then you can move your character this might be more difficult to do or possibly not?
Yes, this can be done in a number of ways.
Option 1 is to create a "lens flare" png, create a parallel event, assign the image to the event, then use the "move picture" command and lower it's opacity over a specified number of frames to create the fade out effect you are talking about. I think this is the easiest option.
However, there are also "godrays" plugins, such as the "Bright Effects" plugin by Olivia. I haven't used it, so I don't know if it will do exactly what you are looking for. I think the lens_flare.png option is best.

small edit:
If you go the lens_flare.png route, you can also use the "tint screen" command to brighten the image while the flare is at it's strongest, and have the tint return to normal over a specified number of frames. Just remember to uncheck the "wait for completion" box.
As for preventing the player from moving, you can use the "move route" command on the player and set it to wait for the number of frames it takes for the lens flare effect to finish. Once again, just remember to uncheck the "wait for completion" box.

Last edited:

SGHarlekin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what "some yellow animation" is supposed to be. You can create gif files and post them here. Also screenshots of your skill setup would help. You can use action sequences of course, but for a simple repeat it wouldn't be necessary. It sounds like you just have the wrong animation selected or something but who knows without any images.

As for question no. 2, @TheAM-Dol pretty much answered it.

Cecil199

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. I think you would want to use Yanfly's Action Sequence for something like that? I'm not sure, hopefully someone has a better answer than mine.

Yes, this can be done in a number of ways.
Option 1 is to create a "lens flare" png, create a parallel event, assign the image to the event, then use the "move picture" command and lower it's opacity over a specified number of frames to create the fade out effect you are talking about. I think this is the easiest option.
However, there are also "godrays" plugins, such as the "Bright Effects" plugin by Olivia. I haven't used it, so I don't know if it will do exactly what you are looking for. I think the lens_flare.png option is best.

small edit:
If you go the lens_flare.png route, you can also use the "tint screen" command to brighten the image while the flare is at it's strongest, and have the tint return to normal over a specified number of frames. Just remember to uncheck the "wait for completion" box.
As for preventing the player from moving, you can use the "move route" command on the player and set it to wait for the number of frames it takes for the lens flare effect to finish. Once again, just remember to uncheck the "wait for completion" box.
Alright Starting to get somewhere trying to test something out I saved the Lens flare .png file to my animations folder but its not popping up as an option to select for my parallel event when I select show animation did I do something wrong here?

devisous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what "some yellow animation" is supposed to be.
They were most likely talking about the default power up animation in Yanfly's Battle Core. I believe it's animation 52 "Powerup 2" in the default database, not sure though.

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not an animation.
The "show animation" command is for showing animation sprites - the attack and magic effect animations that play in combat.
The image needs to go into your pictures folder and you need to select the "show picture" command. For the record, don't use spaces in your file names if you plan on encrypting your game when it is finished.

SGHarlekin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They were most likely talking about the default power up animation in Yanfly's Battle Core. I believe it's animation 52 "Powerup 2" in the default database, not sure though.
Could be. But OP hasn't specified if they even use that plugin. That's why I was asking for more specifics. With such little information, we can only guess what is actually happening.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What is a thing you like to see in RPGs?
Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mozhiji2008