The Drake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Note:- REQUESTS (2)

One for a bi-cycling system or script and a Character with a basic cycle template..

Like one in RPG MAKER XP(Pokemon DarkFlame), But for RPG MAKER VX ACE

And Need the correct script line to check what day is it in this script:-

http://pastebin.com/UKA0n75g

To check whether it is a Friday or Saturday.

I found that the game(Pokemon DarkFlame) has the bi-cycling system as a script.

And it is in RPG MAKER XP, so can't import it to RPG MAKER VX ACE.

I am also trying to find a Character Template for that but could not find.

Last, I need that script line tag for checking days in that script..

Thank you,

In Advance

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) Please give a more detailed description of what you want instead of a simple "I want it like <unknwon game XY>".

You cannot assume that the scripters have played the same games as you, you need to tell them in detail what you want.

Especially if it was a different RM fangame and not an official game

2) The time script you linked does not count weekdays, so such a scriptcall does not exist.

You need to count the days yourself in a parallel process checking on the daytime

The Drake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1) In that game(Pokemon Dark Flame) when the player want to cover long distances, he can buy and drive on a cycle. I have found that is a basic cycle and moves faster. I have understood that you need an event for Changing Character Graphic and Changing Movement Speed to 2xFaster. But the thing is how do I make it and how to make a Character with a Cycle like that. The Picture :- "Avatar-Gary3.png" Shows him driving a cycle, whereas "Avatar-Gary7.png" shows him travelling on water (with his Pokemon).

I need a 2 things in that:-
How to make a event like that, and A Character Template or Graphic of my Character driving a cycle like that, but for RPG MAKER VX ACE.

2) How do I do that?
I have sent a screenshot of my variables with the script. I need something aleast like "If GameTime:: Day? == Mon, Sun""
Something like that.. only for Specific days or months..

Send This.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Neither option needs scripts - they're both pure eventing

I've moved this thread to Ace support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

1) you make an event that changes the sprite and then uses the set move route command to increase the player speed - both are event commands

You only need to think on how do you limit its use - where is the event that changes speed and sprite back?

2) It doesn't work that way - you won't get a script call that works that way. you need a parallel process loop that checks the current time of day every few minutes and compares it with the previous check. If the value is suddenly lower, then it's the next day and you add one to a new variable that counts the days.

If you do not know how to make those events, I suggest you follow the link in my signature to the starting point and take a few weeks to work through those tutorials.

Variables are the most important part of the event engine if you want to do anything complex, and learning them early will help speed up your game making a lot.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnitedStars111