JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@dbchest Haha, well thanks but I wouldn't count yourself out. Design isn't the only aspect of a game. It may help with first impressions and atmosphere but gameplay and story are just as important, more so in some opinions... I personally can struggle in these departments, especially in a time crunch! That being said, while winning is nice, I genuinely enjoy the challenge as just that, a challenge! Everyone will have their strengths and weaknesses. I suspect those with a well fleshed out team will ultimately have the upper hand!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've been doing very poorly at getting going on this. I'm just so out of my depth. I've enlisted the help of two of my IRL friends (not on here sadly) and today we sorted out what makes the battle system different than default. I did a little playing around with resources but really I wasted a lot of time today. Still nothing in the editor. At this rate I'll have a really great game planned out to build for the next IGMC.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been working on my battle system, and I have come up with a few small tweaks that will make the battles interesting utilizing Yanfly's stuff.

MinisterJay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, I am kind of late with stating my goals. I initially had a goal of being done with my first submission by this Friday. It looks like I will be wrapping it up by tonight. All of my custom characters, sv_battlers, animations, trees, bushes, boulders, and hills are done. I am using no tilesets and no RTP. All of my maps are parallax. I just finished the last map, and the only map left to do is the second to last, with about two/three more events.

I have three small games to complete after this one, and then I will start on my second IGMC submission.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow. I don’t know how people have time for more than one game. If I’m lucky my game will be finished by the end of week 3 for extensive testing and editing!

As for me, my progress last night was that my title screen is now animated, sort of. Lol. I’m gonna make a video of my current map making process, but it’ll take a few days to compile as it’s a large map.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I ended up scrapping the whole rpg Idea, and went with more of a tradition platformer, granted theres still rpg elements involved, also added some springs( don't got any graphics for them though T__T so they're just red boxes for now lol. ) Also got some awesome new tiles that @beenbaba made for this project. :D

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been doing very poorly at getting going on this. I'm just so out of my depth. I've enlisted the help of two of my IRL friends (not on here sadly) and today we sorted out what makes the battle system different than default. I did a little playing around with resources but really I wasted a lot of time today. Still nothing in the editor. At this rate I'll have a really great game planned out to build for the next IGMC.
That's what you said the last time! Get to work !

goo.gl/LNH796 I just finished hashing out the monster transformation table. Mundy is currently working on the plug in that will control the process to make a monster change into another based on which type of meat it eats.

Several More sprites were constructed and merged onto a single sheet to save space and consolidate a bit.

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Didn't really feel like I got a lot done, but I did manage to get three characters edited together (counting both sprites and busts) and find an okay stand in for another so I could start on the opening again (since I need to get some story in to be able to test game play) I'll probably make a better one later for that character since they appear so early.
Since I didn't really share any images last time here's what I finally settled on for the protagonist:

Her name is Kayla.
I may finish up editing the characters before anything else since I don't plan on needing much more (there's only three more if I include the one that already has a stand in)

readydotexe

Low class wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Progress thus far isn't that big I really want it to make it story focus since that's what I mostly like about games, no battle system whatsoever, this is the plot I have for know:
A murder case in famous laboratory where an AI being developed there is the suspect of murder of the lead scientist (The idea of her/him/rher being the prime suspect is still in doubt for me) you're the detective and have to find if that statement is true or find out who's the real killer
I made too much brainstorming, too many ideas, the game only needs to last one hour for the contest but I think I can still pull it off, tomorrow...dammit that is already tomorrow again, ahem in later hours;
I'll try making the full story in clean and analyzing what actual resources I have that I can use, cause I can do the character design but no tiles or music, the humble bundle offer may help me and of course the resources that this amazing community have to offer

@JacobM Exactly! I really wish I could win, I bet all of us would love that, but the thrill of challenge it's what drives me, and in the end it still more exp gained and a new game under the belt

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Bonkers: Boy, thats a really big table you got there. And by table I mean table.

Topic:
Finished up the new 4 direction sprites for the main character.
Retained some of the south park style with some alterations.
For the sake of time Ill probably stick to frontview only for all side characters.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Eh, you know what? I think I'm going to take my small project I started in July and try to finish it as if I were entering it in the contest. I know I can't enter it as I did technically start it in July (thinking there was no IGMC), but I can at least use the contest deadline to get the game done.
That's a very good idea! ^^ I myself will attempt this year to finish last year's NaNoWriMo that I just couldn't finish. :3 But, your idea is better. I mean trying to push your goals as seriously as if you entered. :) It is the very best practice, not to mention good encouragement for everyone IN.

Would you believe this is my third IGMC using RPG Maker and my first time using a tileset? I decided to go with a pixelart style and make my own tiles for the game, using a low-res style and simple palette to speed up asset creation. What do you think?

Also, making autotiles is hard...
Awwww... Feeling so classical. So unique as entry and so genius as that just cut the corners round without cutting quality and we recognize your style. Simplistic and effective!

That's what you said the last time! Get to work !

goo.gl/LNH796 I just finished hashing out the monster transformation table. Mundy is currently working on the plug in that will control the process to make a monster change into another based on which type of meat it eats.

Several More sprites were constructed and merged onto a single sheet to save space and consolidate a bit.
WOAH! You sure you have the time to make AAAAALLL that?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Collected all my old resources to re purpose with a few missing that need to be scrounged off of restaff zips. I'm still looking for all those chests I did in DS style. There are around here somewhere.
If you're still looking for them, they were in the Restaff December 2014.
(I'm also using DS in my project, so I made a list of all DS resources from Restaff/Member+ ;) )

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hit a snag yesterday. I haven't worked on RPG Maker for about 4 months to study JavaScript and forgot how to do what should have been a simple thing... I hope there are no repeats of that!

Day 6
1.) Quest 1 mostly finished
2.) Deleted all the files that mysteriously appeared in my project file. (twilight zone, oooooheeeeeoooooo)

Today, work on more quests, I'm going to try to squeeze two in, we'll see how that goes.

Since I'm not a graphic artist a lot of RTP will be used, the story will have to be the strong point in my game :p. Here's a sneak peek of my main character.

Miriam.png

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welp, had to restart a parallax map all over again because my stupid computer corrupted the file. I don't even know if I'm going to finish the game now, and I'll be really mad at myself if I don't.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, after working 7 days straight, I have a day off. Going to take kids to school, clean house, do laundry, take a nap, and work on database. You're all going down (not really, good luck everybody).

adanteallegro

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woah, hey! I've posted a few things on the Discord, but I figured I should also sign up for an account on here and show everybody on the forums what I've done so far. Right now, I've still been hashing out the story for my game, but I have had time to do a few graphics for my game!

The basic premise of my game is that you control George, an eldritch horror monster, creating a game of his own based off of his life story for a contest. But, he has made horrible choices in his past! Do you choose to fabricate the story so that people will like him, or charge forward and tell everyone the cold hard truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chungagunga