2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derk

Derk Sad Machine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lantiz I like the sprite style, it's cute :D

Lantiz likes this.
  2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Bonkers I did? That doesn't really surprise me. I had to shelve that idea for now because it needed ABS and that's not something I should attempt for a first game or a month game. I'm farther with this game than the last one, and I've so far managed to keep the game mechanics within the realm of possibility.

3. readydotexe

readydotexe Low class wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok starting the draft and then to the clean version of the story, well I should probably verify the resources first

@Enigma_Productions That looks so cool for a title screen hey he's even waving your hand
    @just1witness I know right? I was following some classes in Udemy for Javascript and now I'll better practice more Ruby again
    @HexMozart88 Sorry for what happened, try to keep a record of the same project on different dates, it helps me in debbugging and also when something goes wrong suddenly in the project

4. MinisterJay

MinisterJay Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have finished making the game, and now I am ready for debugging run number two. Those 10-14 hour project work days helped a lot. Competing in a lot of game jams helped too.

5. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MinisterJay WOW, that's crazy! If I 1/4th half your speed I MIGHT finish lol!

readydotexe and MinisterJay like this.
  6. MinisterJay

MinisterJay Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @just1witness I having been making RPGs/RPG campaigns for over 34 years. I have a lot of time and motivation on my hand. :)

7. Nicola

Nicola Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello all!

I just signed up today to have a look how everyone else is getting on. I love seeing how diverse everything is, no two games alike.

I thought I'd also share what I've done so far. It's been very hard going, I'm a mummy to an 18 month old, I work, so my only opportunities for this game are when he sleeps (like now! 8pm UK time) and when his grandparents have him which isn't often. Anyway I'm trying to hand draw everything on my ipad or on paper and then I transfer it to my PC.

Here's a few pictures if anybody is interested. It's called 'A Conga's Tale' - Congas are a particular race of people with their own handicraft. A fairly uplifting story but with definitely (I hope) some emotional parts towards the end that I hope would resonate with a lot of people. My partner has helped tons with the story and my father is writing the music which I'm very grateful for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Nursery Assistant will not be dressed in armour, I haven't drawn her sprite yet lol.

And lastly, some of todays work in progress on the ipad, small section of a larger map

[​IMG]

Thanks so much for the opportunity (would've never done this without a contest being here!)

Really looking forward to seeing how others' games progress.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  8. Lihinel

Lihinel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @MinisterJay Just wow, planned 5 games in a month? Do you have a screenshot? I am curious to see your style if you had that much custom assets to make and finished like that.

Topic:
    I thought about making a cutsom menu in the zelda style but decided against it, made some alterations to the standard menu instead.
    [​IMG]
    Imagine the stuff you find lying around in random peoples houses...
    Yes, this remake/reimagination still has a policy of omni-lootability of all interactable items.
    No, you're not gonna use it.

In case they'll disqualify it, I'll load it up elsewhere and pull a Monty Phyton:
    "So funny, it was banned by Degica!"

Marquise* likes this.
  9. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Lord Joshington III, slayer of the silk Minotaur. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I finished the town map (will probably post a pic tonight) and I've got the story outline (it's REALLY short but I'm thinking about having a few side quests to get a "hidden" ending) so I just need to map the other 3 plot relevent places (Monster camp, a human fort, and a ****** SPOILER REDACTED) and I'm probably going to have a few/bunch of smaller areas connecting them.

On a side note, does anyone know if there are any sprites of pregnant women I could use for my project/as a guide to making a sprite for my project? I let the characters write the story (again) and now I need one.

10. kokiyo

kokiyo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I hope it's okay to ask here:

Hey guys, I finally finished my script! :D But now I realized I overlooked the T rating on the rules. I have one graphic scene which has a giant fish dead and mutilated. I was going to make the scene pretty gore-y with blood everywhere. It's supposed to be the part where the characters realize that they are in a dangerous area. Would it be dodging around the rules if I make the blood color different?

If yes, then how should I approach this? Should I just crop out the bloody mess and have the characters inspect an off camera body? Or should I keep the blood to a minimal somehow and show no gore? I'm so lost. x_x

11. Lantiz

Lantiz Biterkid Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Derk Thank you, wish I can deliver a good gameplay too.

Today I'm feeling quite lost in my project, feeling like it lacks something to make it unique.
    So I did nothing yet... I need to find something.

Derk likes this.
  12. Enigma_Productions

Enigma_Productions Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @kokiyo To get around past the Teen rating I am doing a lot of implications of anything that would normally involve dying or gore happen in the background. I think so long as you aren't showing the fish go through the horrible act of dying vs just putting a little bit of blood around an area it should be fine. This would mean reducing gore effects as well however.

Basically you want this implied and not very pronounced otherwise it might not be accepted. I may actually be wrong here however so if any one wants to correct me please by all means do so because I would like to avoid breaking the rules as well.

kokiyo likes this.
  13. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm working on mooore custom tiles!
    Great thing about teamwork is, that you don't have to do everything yourself, hehe, that allows for much more custom content than I'd be able to do alone!

We worked out the plot and are currently working on a detailed written down version of it.
    We are working on awesome additions to our OST.
    Also~
    NPC Sprites
    Tileset
    Prototyping~

I hope I'll have a screenshot (example map) by saturday to post it for screenshotsaturday over on twitter <3
    and also here!

(now in the correct thread... hehehe....)

TriceratopsX and JacobM like this.
  14. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure if watching this thread is motivating or discouraging xD I mean, it's great to see so many people on board hyped about the event and what they come up with but at the same time scary when I see such good looking stuff I'll -hopefully- be competing against :s Oh well...

readydotexe and Marsigne like this.
  15. Moonlight Daemon

Moonlight Daemon Demonic Angel Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kyuukon I know how you feel... :kaodes:
    I’m restarting my graphics since RTP doesn’t match my story at all... :kaoback:
    On a side note, good luck everyone!

readydotexe, Marsigne and Kyuukon like this.
  16. woobv

woobv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hello all!

My programmer friend and I just decided to join this competition 2 days ago, so we are a bit behind in development, but we're hoping to achieve some goals with our entry. We will be using RMMV.

I had finished the outline for our story 2 days ago, and I am about 50% finished with the script for Arc 1 of 3 (4 if i don't sleep). So now I'm working on our character concept art!

We are basing our romance-able high school boys on WEB BROWSERS! Whoo!

[​IMG]

Also, I ended up getting the $50 pack for RMMV ! XD Too good of a deal to pass up~

17. Derk

Derk Sad Machine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The main character's faceset is now done.
    upload_2017-10-11_18-43-10.png
    That leaves 2 more, since it's a small cast. Hopefully this gives more time for me to make at least custom sprites. Which I've done before, I'm just...inexperienced with it as a whole, otl;;

readydotexe and Roden124 like this.
  18. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Lord Joshington III, slayer of the silk Minotaur. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @woobv that's an interesting idea!

woobv likes this.
  19. motta

motta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So i started my project today (a bit late i know) , which consists in a puzzle oriented horror rpg game, i already wrote the plot (it has some twists in it, hehe) and i am very motivated about finishing it asap. Anyways, i was planning on putting a little gore in it (there is a puzzle where the protagonist loses her head if the user does it wrong) but since it is a 2D pixelated death scene i believe it does not configure the game as an A+, or does it?
    sch.png

20. woobv

woobv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Thank you very much! :D Although... it's not exactly the most fluffiest game. There are definitely some dark topics that'll be involved. >.<;;

Just finished... Chrome boy!

[​IMG]

//EDIT:

Changed him to be Firefox Lad instead~

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.