2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Absolutely such beautiful and diverse work from everyone!

2. woobv

woobv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @watermark AHHH yes, I am designing him today! Gotta make sure I can give him a really memorable look. >: )

I thought of IE the same way XD haha. But.... our idea guy thought otherwise LOL

Thank you so much ; v ;

Tea's Jams likes this.
  3. lemongreen

lemongreen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So ran a bit behind on what I wanted to do (only managed to design one character yesterday, and may not get much done over this weekend because there's family coming) I may try looking for people to help out so it at least gets done (I have what needs to get done listed, I'm just not sure I'll have time to do it all myself at this point)

readydotexe and Tea's Jams like this.
  4. JacobM

JacobM Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Today's goal, finish this interior map :)
    upload_2017-10-12_13-44-18.png

5. motta

motta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, kind sir, my game has inspiration in various horror movies and games.

dbchest and Tea's Jams like this.
  6. kokiyo

kokiyo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you for the help! I think I'm just going to follow what you said since it's safer than risking it.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  7. Nicola

Nicola Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I almost finished today's goal of doing the town, lots of drawing on my tablet. Time to sleep now :kaoslp:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  8. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will get nothing done today, ho hum. Tomorrow's another day! : D

readydotexe likes this.
  9. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, I pretty much have all my battlers setup. I just need to finish assigning skills and some action sequences from Yanfly, and I'll be essentially finished with the battles. It'll be nothing fancy, but I don't think it has to be. After that, I'll work on the items, weapons, and armor. The database is my least favourite thing to work on, so getting it done first will go a long way towards me being able to finish the game. It's not going to be long, or fancy, but I hope the story is interesting, and that the gameplay is fun. In then end, that's what matters!

Tea's Jams likes this.
  10. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh my goodness... mapping a cave is hard! I'm having to paralax a fair amount given the way to tilesheets are set up, which is both annoying and amazing because it's pushing me out of my mapping comfort zone. The thing is trying to make it interisting without overdoing the detail, so I've given the cave multiple purposes. ie. the cave was once a healing hotspring before monsters took it over. The cave is also the only source of teleportation Gems... which are the source of the monsters.

I feel like it sounds more complicated than it really is.

Aside from my mapping struggles I'm not having much in the way of progress to share with you. Sorry guys, and everyone else is being so amazing with their updates!

Tea's Jams likes this.
  11. Lantiz

Lantiz Biterkid Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I made an entire new combat system for my game, I hope it's good enough for the jam.
    Bellow you can see a guide on how to survive on the woods.

[​IMG]

I'm feeling like trying to join someone else instead of making my own game though...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Marquise*, Derk, Bonkers and 2 others like this.
  12. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Struggle:

12th of the month.
    Decision taken: Do my best to participate.

First Decision I struggle:

Which engine shall I use?
    VX Ace: A lot of useful ruby scripts, a lot of assets.
    MV: A load of incredible plugins, more quality product in the end, portable game, but I still got limited assets.

I think I must focus, so let's set goals.
    In the upcoming 7days:
    1] Decide the engine.
    2] Gather and properly set assets.
    3] Have the main plot plan ready.
    4] Have the most of the game system sketched up.
    5] Write dialogues and scenario.

If you wanna make a good game, you have to plan it first, then build it. And I am late alrady.

Second week:
    Build the game.

26th of October:
    Have it finished.
    Write credits.
    Start debugging.

30th of October:
    Finish the debugging, pack the game to be playable.

Marquise*, Tea's Jams and readydotexe like this.
  13. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So here's a sneakpeak of what we've been working on for the past week!
    A few of our tiles~ (there are far more done by now, but I didn't feel like building a map, hehe, tiiired!)
    TilePreview_Plueschkatze.png
    I did the tiles and @hiddenone did the amazing clothing of that basesprite I came up with.
    Also @futrchamp uploaded a track from the OST to his shop in the classfields! Go listen if you are curious.
    It's a really awesome collaboration with these people! <3

I made myself a long list of assets that I'll need to do each day of this week to get everything put together, hehe.

There's so much promising stuff in this thread, I can't wait to play a few of these games once they are done!
    Keep care everyone, sleep enough, eat and drink and do backups of your data!
    And remember... stress is not healthy, so try to avoid it by planning your project with deadlines for parts of it, so that you don't get lost along the way! It's also a great way to see if you've chosen a way to big concept for the short timeframe.

14. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @motta Well, the stuff I'm good at I am very good at, like writing and making graphics and game design theory. I just don't say anything in all the places where people talk about anything even remotely related to code or math. Which, when you're making an actual game for a change, is a fair amount of stuff. Celianna and Archeia, however, seem to be just as competent with the programming stuff as they art at the art stuff, so they deserve the RM Goddess title.

@The Mighty Palm Hmm, that might be dangerous. With both of us making all the things pretty, who would focus on content? ;) If you can stand my bipolar all or nothing work habits and random plus frequent "I was too sick" disappearing acts, I would enjoy teaming up next year.

@Dreadshadow The lower resolution pixel tiles work in all versions of the maker, so if you chose one of those styles you wouldn't need to pick the engine first. I personally think they're easier to edit too.

@Plueschkatze Ah, cute! It reminds me of Professor Layton's London Life, only higher resolution.

No progress for me today. Too much migrain pain and not enough clarity of thought.

Marquise*, Dreadshadow and Tea's Jams like this.
  15. readydotexe

readydotexe Low class wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Progress for today:
    :' D Lost part of a script! (A plot one) but I rewrote it thanks god it was short, I started with the character designs starting with Duo the detective, tomorrow I'll upload how he looks and hopefully Kyla (The android) also planned the whole murder EXCEPT for a little point, I'm still having a hard time on the how do you finally caught the killer, since he/she made it hard to get suspected, also to avoid the M rating I'm gonna make the android have no blood at all, I wanted to make it so it had genetic developed skin but the simpler the better

Tomorrow's objective:
    -Finish writting, edit and complete the entire plot
    - Have the final designs for both Kyla and Duo
    and as a sidequest
    - Start making the actual crime scene mapping

Also I actually never published a game myself, only made them and just one is kinda finished, maybe I'm trying something I can reach yet, but It's helping me a lot, so...
    any recomendations?

@just1witness Optimism is the key :'D (And procastination! )

@Dreadshadow Wish I readed this before making useless games before

Dreadshadow and Tea's Jams like this.
  16. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, I believe I finished setting up the skills of all my characters and monsters. Meaning, all I need to do in that regard is finish up some items in the database, then start mapping and coding. Once I do that I'll be able to start testing the balancing of the battles more fully.

Also, on a side note, MV crashed on me once or twice, causing me to lose a little work. Always, always, always to remember to save folks.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  17. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Been hard at work on our not-so-little-anymore horror game. Wrapping up the tutorial level tonight. Got our quest script set up and running, but still need to test and set up our stealth system we're using and wrap my head around that. Knocked out an idle and ducking animation for our main female protagonist. Still so much more to do!

Posted screenshots of the game with shots of the character Ellie's new animations. We're using the POP! graphic tilesets for the game.

Demo1.PNG Demo2.PNG Demo3.PNG Demo4.PNG Demo5.PNG Demo6.PNG [\SPOILER]

18. woobv

woobv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hi friends!! Happy developing. :D

Here is what I accomplished today!

- Finished the rest of character sketches I needed to do (4)
    - Finished the logo
    - Dev meeting with programmer to discuss GUI elements

And without a further ado, here is the Logo and all the Character Sketches Combined!!
    ( 2 are hidden on purpose, and you must play the game to find out who they are >:D ) ehehe

P.S. Thank you everyone on the discord for helping me choose which colored hair to go with for Chrome Boy~ XD
    P.P.S. No... the tritone version was denied... LOL

[​IMG]

---------------------------------

@Plueschkatze OMG ! Your sprites are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE AHHHGHHH *dies from the cuteness!* I love the tile pattern and objects you guys made in the screenshot. So cute! > w <

19. woobv

woobv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Guardinthena

Oh my goodness THE AESTHETIC OF YOUR GAME IS JUST PERFECT! I love the main character and her design. ;____; My heartttt <3 I love it! Can't wait to see the animation!

readydotexe and Tea's Jams like this.
  20. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Day 8

1.) Not much done, but I did get help for the step count lag so I should be able to keep that mechanic! Yay!

Today... QUESTS

Marquise* and readydotexe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.