Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Finished my ending (for now).
Now starting with the beginning, then I'll fill in the middle part of the game as I go, depending on how long the other parts are.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@woobv Thank you and wow! This characters are LOVELY. And the logo is, too!

@Sharm Thanks and... sad to hear that you've been in pain! I hope you feel better now. Get well soon!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think I might actually have a video of my cave map to show you all soon! This cave is huge! but I think it works for what the game needs it for, which is a very important gemsetone, and a monster you have to kill to get potions ingredients for the plot. I'm having so much fun!

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I was right about not getting anything done yet again, but it's because I bought a new computer (it's completely necessary, I swear) I've honestly been a bit more busy on transferring and setting that up, but once that's done it's right back to work.

Edit: Got a recruitment thread up. not going to post the link here since everyone's busy with their own thing. Hopefully that'll help with where I'm struggling the most.

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Guardinthena

Oh my goodness THE AESTHETIC OF YOUR GAME IS JUST PERFECT! I love the main character and her design. ;____; My heartttt <3 I love it! Can't wait to see the animation!
Thank you for the lovely response! I absolutely love your character sketches myself. I was just showing them off to my brother yesterday night too! I think they're so adorable and I'm curious what the game is about that involves internet browsers turned people! (Reminds me of Hetalia ;)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I get off work today I need to tackle Jet's Stealth System that we're using. Having some trouble with the aggro radius. For some reason the police officer is a T-Rex and doesn't see you when you're standing in front of him and only when you're to the right of him? So strange.

Anyways, need to tackle and figure that out. Then need to work on even more animations for Ellie. Need to do her dash animation, one with a cellphone out, a 'knocking' animation for a door and riding a bike. Between all that, I might have time to tackle getting the flashlight/shadows and maybe squeeze in our custom menu. We'll see.

Derk

Sad Machine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Plueschkatze I'm looking forward to your game! I recently played The Beast Named Eliza and enjoyed it. :D

For my progress...okay, well, I think I have a definite sprite style for the characters. Simple, because of my aforementioned lack of experience. At the least, I don't have to make many, since I kept the cast pretty small.

JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today, my friend, Lauren Atwood, is working on the character art:
upload_2017-10-13_12-2-20.png
She'll be making an armored version of him as well.
My other friend, Rebecca Murphey, has finished the battle sprite edit I requested, she took a holder battler and upped the res on it!
upload_2017-10-13_12-5-27.png
And as for me, more map work will probably be happening, and battle stuff... most likely.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally plotted the game out and now I am prepared to work on it... Going with the Time Fantasy tileset because I love it. It will be a jrpg dungeon crawl inspired non jrpg influences such as Ys & Castlevania.

sorabokki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@woobv Thank you and wow! This characters are LOVELY. And the logo is, too!
Aww, thank you so much!! You're much too kind. ; w ;

I think I might actually have a video of my cave map to show you all soon! This cave is huge! but I think it works for what the game needs it for, which is a very important gemsetone, and a monster you have to kill to get potions ingredients for the plot. I'm having so much fun!
OOOH! I love games with large caves. It brings out the adventurer in me. XD Good luck!

So I was right about not getting anything done yet again, but it's because I bought a new computer (it's completely necessary, I swear) I've honestly been a bit more busy on transferring and setting that up, but once that's done it's right back to work.

Edit: Got a recruitment thread up. not going to post the link here since everyone's busy with their own thing. Hopefully that'll help with where I'm struggling the most.
Aw noooo, don't lose heart! There is still many weeks left to develop! :D More than enough to get a smaller game going! ^_^ Good luck with finding partners to help out~

Thank you for the lovely response! I absolutely love your character sketches myself. I was just showing them off to my brother yesterday night too! I think they're so adorable and I'm curious what the game is about that involves internet browsers turned people! (Reminds me of Hetalia ;)
WHAAAAA-- oh my goodness you're so sweet, thanks so much!! ; v ; And YESS, it kind of is like Hetalia! (I was also thinking like Hatoful Boyfriend and Neptunia too XD HEHE)

Today, my friend, Lauren Atwood, is working on the character art:
View attachment 73669
She'll be making an armored version of him as well.
My other friend, Rebecca Murphey, has finished the battle sprite edit I requested, she took a holder battler and upped the res on it!
View attachment 73670
And as for me, more map work will probably be happening, and battle stuff... most likely.
WOW The artwork is GORGEOUS! I love the character portrait, choice of color, and the general style. Looks great for a RPG/battle type genre. ^^ Can't wait to see more!

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting all the stats done for the classes now that the plug in is functioning. I'll implement it later along with inputting the stats I'm hashing out, abilities, passives, and vulnerabilities.

goo.gl/fHi1kT

I'm still waiting on a reply from my musician, and so far my mapper has been absent all day. I hope that isn't a bad sign. Either way I'm prepared.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe I have basically finished my database with the items, weapons, armors, and enemies! I am going to start mapping soon!

Lantiz

Biterkid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sad to say but I'm out of the jam.
Good luck everyone.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
4 pages of notes on the story details later... I'm ready to rock and roll when I get home! Haha.

MinisterJay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Having beta testers that are not familiar with RPG Maker is really nice. They see things that we may be too close to.

Getting ready to also work on my second submission. Its on paper, now to make it a reality.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I had to take 2 days off since I was lacking quite a bit of sleep. It sucks since I can only work at 12 A.M to 2 A.M and then sleep. But lately I've been pushing to the point where I didn't sleep for that night and that left me too exhausted :kaoswt2:

I am already working on mapping and tomorrow hopefully I can start eventing things.

These are my characters. They already have many faces made for them. The creatures are still being turned in to sprites. [Have to event first so I know exactly how i want the creatures made.]
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.13.15 AM.png

Fun fact: I posted this by accident on the Visual Novel thread because I assumed whatever was on my alert reminder was a thread that led to here lol.

adanteallegro

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Slowly but surely, I'm getting things done! Worked on eventing, finished up some sprites and I even composed a track for the game! You can listen to the track right here!

And now, some very very beta screenshots! A looooot of this stuff is just placeholders for now, and if I have enough time, I'll come back to it to make it prettier.

In the final game, I'm hoping to use actual tilesets that people have put out. But for now, enjoy this tileset by the famous HoooooaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan