2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin

The djinn
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Today I made a cool forest map(called Dream Forest) but I am still paralaxing it to have more things in it...:p
Made a castle where princess Clementine lives.(But it is also a WIP):wub
And this is how my menu looks like.
Tomorrow I´ll upload my chars(only the sprites cause I haven´t started on the portraits), and luckily some fairies(still have to make a few more...):kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow The actual size of the tiles for the low res pixel sets is 16x16, so if you resize them to 48x48 without any interpolation they'll do it cleanly. By low res I mean the POP Horror or Time Fantasy and such. Pixel Myth and Nightmare Land and DS don't work, they're higher res. But if you still want 32x32 tiles, Shaz made a plugin for that.
Oh! Thanks! Good to know. Also nice to know that there is such a plugin for 32x32 tiles but still, I BET it will need Parallax mapping on 32x32, am I right? Time is of the essence, so I might have stuck on stock MV assets enhanced with edits and Restaff things but I got an idea that needs minimal graphics, so I think I have figureed out what to do.
FOR SURE though, I will check what you just told me, so I will know what is going on with MV. Any chance to see DS+ or PYxel Myth Germania MV compatible in the future?

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did a large parallax map before I went to work this evening, shift work is making the contest hard on me. When I get off tonight I plan on putting it in the editor and adding events.

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Took most of today off, planning on getting SOME work done before I hit the sack though.
I mapped the (outside of) last plot area (YAAY!! :guffaw:) so I just need to map the interior and all the "required" areas will be done.
I still need to make the main characters design (yay. Drawing, my favorite. ;_;) along with the bad guy's and the main chars wife... I just gotta keep telling myself it's not as bad as it seems and I'll be fine.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Man, I have the worst luck with goals like this. I did something awful to my back somehow and now I'm unable to get out of bed. Thankfully there's a good chiropractor nearby, I just have to wait until it's open and hope he has room in his schedule. Still, today wasn't a total loss, I made some sound effects for the game. I'm surprised by how often people will use the default sounds, even when everything else is original.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All right, found a plugin that does exactly what I need, now it's time to start making the systems...
But first, let me thank @Galv for all the scripts and plugins he have ever made, and also @SumRndmDde cause both have really helped the community in two different things:
1] Make better and prettier games faster.
2] Make possible something impossible with VXAce or MV native code and Eventing system.

@bgillisp way to go mate!
@TriceratopsX it's not bad at all, just do your best.
@OnslaughtSupply can't wait to hear more from you.
@DragonVine the map is really pretty, thinking of it as just a landscape map. You will HAVE to fill it with details here and there and an enterance for the characters, but that's it. I like it a lot and it looks stunning already, thanks to the nice set of tiles.
@Gin I see, you are parallaxing! Too much work pays off you know, just don't overdo it. We got only 1 month. :p

Edit:
@Sharm (and the rest of you) take also a look at this:

http://www.bfxr.net/

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still a bit behind, at least finally managed to open the editor again after reinstalling everything (unfortunately there wasn't any easier way) and have at least somebody possibly helping with graphics. Hopefully if I keep at it I'll at least have something to show at the end (even if it's not a winning entry)

Mister Kent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DragonVine, that waterfall looks great!

Keep up the momentum everyone! Just over 3 weeks now ~ (I need to get it in gear myself!)

@slimmmeiske2 That's awesome! I'm a big wrestling fan, myself. Been watching since 93 or 94. Watch everything from WWE to NJPW to ROH.

So here's a quick gif to look at the map I'm working on. No trees or anything yet, but I'm pretty happy with how that waterfall looks.

Roden124

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've made great progress in the first week. As far as I'm concerned, the foundation is laid and cemented! :kaohi:

However, even though my original plan was ambitious within reason, I'm just not feeling the gameplay loop. The story beats and action are solid, they will stay the same, but I should rethink how my game operates with them. My current structure isn't complicated at all, I would actually call it standard, yet it is just complex enough to doubt its versatility within a three-week period. Thankfully, most of my effort went towards the basic building blocks, so redirecting my flow is fair. I have to be smart about this, though, lest I end up in a sewer rather than the shining sea.

The maps in this thread have contributed to this pause of mine. My lazy "technique" won't cut it.*:kaophew:

I've seen how handsome your maps are. Now I must fight to make my game handsome too!:kaopride:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Dreadshadow Sorry, no. Too much work for too little return. The work for pixel art increases exponentially with size. It would be awesome though. My current art pack project will be.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow I tried using the SFX tool, but it doesn't produce sound on my pc at all. None of the linked ones them seem too either.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow I tried using the SFX tool, but it doesn't produce sound on my pc at all. None of the linked ones them seem too either.
Whoa! Sounds weird, I do use it without any problem...
Try to download BFXR_WIN and unzip it.
Run the exe file and it should pop up a window with all the controls and brown colors as background.
Pressing one control on the left (choose Pickup/Coin for instance) instanly plays a generated sound.
If problem insists, please send me a private message so we won't hijack or derail this thread. ;)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's one of the ones I used. I tweaked stuff until it seemed right but I wouldn't be able to do sfx without a generator. I don't know enough about sound.

Roden124

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Roden124 That's so pretty!
It's a battleback from RPG Maker XP, all I did was add an area to move in. Though I do agree, it is pretty. :^p
Using past RPG Maker assets à la carte was my evil plan all along, but then I decided to become A Good Person™.

I've already determined my game's new direction. It will take the form of a linear theater play, and that is all I will reveal to the 'papers!

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow Thanks for the encouragement! I meant specifically the drawing sprites portion, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the rest of it too. ;P. I finished all of the outside areas (and the interior of the fort) so I just have three more interiors that are necessary and maybe do some of the npc house for sidequests or something.

Worked on skills a tad, got a few done. Need to work on them more later Sunday (today?) also need to look into polishing the main chars auto passive state to work the way I want, as the way I have it now works (kinda) but I think I'm just overlooking the proper way to do it.

WARNING LONG RANT
What I want is for Orrin to be "holding back" (unable to use magic) until he drops to about 50% hp (maybe a little higher) at which point he stops "holding back" (able to use his, extensive magic power) and the way that I'm "accomplishing" this is by having 2 auto passive states on him, the first which is active so long as he's above half hp seals magic skills, while the second activates when he's at half hp and adds the magic skills, however I believe whith it like this whenever he heals back above half health the first auto passive kicks back in, and that's not quite what I want, I wanted it to occur only once per battle but if I can't get it to work with auto passive states then the only other way I could think of to do it is in the troop events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yesterday.... 6 total subscribers on my YouTube, today 33. To think I was foolishly trying to put out videos to grow my subscriber base. That's just crazy talk. :LZSskeptic:

I wonder if I can hit 100 by the end of the week. :LZSexcite:
how to make small eyes so cute like that... ah... I give up...
Sometimes I wonder if we're ever going to be able to call Blizzard by its name, or if it's fully fledged Activision forever.
Are there examples of MV games that emulate retro graphics? By that I mean 8x8 or 16x16 tiles, a smaller resolution and scaled up screen
Pft... people think the moon landing is fake. Nonsense. The moon doesnt even exist in the first place, it's just the reflection of the earth on the surface of space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heldheld