2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bonkers I would totally play Tetris with fart noises... :kaojoy:

Tea's Jams, Dezue and Bonkers like this.
  2. kokiyo

kokiyo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Everyone's games look so amazing already! :o I wish I could also post my map but I haven't even started yet due to school and...procrastination. I'm hoping to have some time off this coming week before I leave my computer for vacation. If anything, I might just work on my game during vacay.

So far, I finished my script and finally my dialogues. I'm afraid my game is going to be over an hour though. Trying my best to keep it within but I think I'll just go ahead and create what I intended to make even if it's over an hour! :kaophew:

Tea's Jams likes this.
  3. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey folks, keep up the good work!

All right, last update for tonight. I'll also limit some screenshots from here on out, because I don't want to spoil anything. ;) Some of the things look a little bit off, but that's because the events aren't seen in the image.

[​IMG]

4. BigAntlers

BigAntlers Warper Member

First Language:
    Serbian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just wanted to thank for everyone's response. Now i feel confident enough to start working :3

Tea's Jams and Geoff Moore like this.
  5. adanteallegro

adanteallegro Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    HMMM. I don't really have much to show off at the moment - I've made a few more graphics and more music and scripted a little bit more, but I don't feel totally confident showing it all off. To top it all off, I'm actually going to be going out of the country in only a few hours from now, and I'm not taking my computer with me! So, for about a good week, I just have the music software I bought for my 3DS and my notebook, so I'll be spending some down time making music and writing the rest of my script for my game.

Basically I'm going to just plan the hell out of everything so I can implement everything in one fell swoop when I come back!

All of you guys are doing great on your games, by the way! I can't wait to see how they look a week from now!

Tea's Jams likes this.
  6. readydotexe

readydotexe Low class wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Today progress:
    Tweaked all the dialog and changed the ending since the original was a little too dull, and got a friend of a mine to help me out with digitalizing my drawings (If you're reading this, I owe you, seriously thank you)
    Also here Kyla's design
    Kyla no expression.jpg

Tomorrow quest:
    Now here's where thing get hard, tomorrow I need to finish all of the different expresions from 3 characters so that my friend has enough time to digitalize them so tomorrow is drawing day

@wow that looks amazing! With that quality you could get the first place

7. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DragonVine That map looks so nice, I can hear the winter themed music already :kaoluv:

Asked my brother to do a quick test and make sure everything ran correctly. He didn't have anything bad to say.. but he didn't have anything good either. I got the impression he was a little underwhelmed, which kinda sucks for something I've spent 8+ hours working on everyday.

I'm making all the graphics so it's pretty minimalist to save time, and I can't tell if it's boring or I've just spent too long looking at it. I need to keep working on tilesets again today, if only I can get over this burnout. :rswt Might just take a break and spend some time on the forum. I've seen some amazing entries in the recruitment threads, so I'm starting to regret making my own game! Agh!

Tea's Jams and DragonVine like this.
  8. David Montgomery-Blake

David Montgomery-Blake Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I had a little hiccup as I re-evaluated the project. It wasn't engaging. Which is what I was going for in a 13 Reasons Why/Life is Strange visual novel. It was actually really bad. Like really, really bad.

So I scrapped it, which is actually a relief. My second take, which I may not finish since the month is half over, is about a cat ruling over her kingdom. I only have a couple of rooms in the house mapped, but it is already a much more engaging game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Marquise*, sorabokki, Saboera and 2 others like this.
  9. Enigma_Productions

Enigma_Productions Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Progress for my game is going pretty well. I actually tested out 2 maps that had Khas' lighting system, sound effects + Bgm playing and let my cousin try it out. He felt a little uneasy and I knew that I was on the right track :kaopride:
    Just need to fix some of the mapping and tweak things around.

I have also been working with Lemongreen and creating some busts for her characters. Here are the current designs. I still have to color them and add detail like folds in clothing. I also have to make a few faces for them.

Jethro.png
    Kayla.png
    Leonard.png
    Rachel.png
    Zachary.png

Marquise*, Indsh, sorabokki and 8 others like this.
  10. Harken_W

Harken_W Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wow! Everyone's making good progress, I slightly hate some of you with how good your stuff looks haha

Getting the pacing right is going to be tricky for me, be it for the story or for the rate the player levels.

Keep going everyone, the real battle is actually making a full game (Only an hour to aim for but still tough!)

11. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I've decided on how I'm going to manage the spells in my game! (Which I'm certainly happy about) I actually came up with it last night as I was trying to fall asleep, and I'm both surprised and glad that I didn't forget it entirely (Though I did manage to forget most of the spell names I came up with so that's... Great.) I'm going to use @Moghunter's Chain Actions plugin (link here: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-chain-commands/) and basically there's (probably) going to be 3 main combat spells (cast spell, damage enemy) Cast Fire, Cast Lightning, and Cast Alter, when you cast one of the above you automatically go through a chain of spells of that element (so long as you complete the button inputs and have enough MP to cast the next spell that is) the Support magic and Curse magic will be more like typical spells I think (no promises though)

EDIT: I think I found a plugin that might work the way I want (http://himeworks.com/2013/09/battle-reactions/) I'll have to test this after I get off work tonight.
    (Side note, need to research how to make a skill instantly kill an enemy if they are inflicted with a state... Complete?)

readydotexe and Tea's Jams like this.
  12. Harken_W

Harken_W Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @TriceratopsX The first plugin you linked was for MV I believe, but the second one you linked I think is for a different engine I think?

Tea's Jams likes this.
  13. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just finished formatting some enemy sprites now off to work for my last night shift before 2 days off and I go back to days. Going to work on skills tonight when I get home. Finally getting the hang of LMBS.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  14. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Phew, did somework on the floor of Hotspring Caves, and a lot of eventing and dialogue inputting. Got the first mini quest done.

Tutorials next I think.
    [​IMG]
    Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. TriceratopsX

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (dies inside) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, yes it is, I somehow completely missed that! Now if I had some scripting knowledge that (probably) wouldn't be much of a problem, seeing how that isn't the case however...

16. Asterisk

Asterisk アステリ (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ♪ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I started pretty late and started my custom sprites.... not sure how it will go for time but... will try hard!!

@TriceratopsX Ahhh I'm using that too Maybe there are more people who are as well hehe In any case looking forward to it!!

Tea's Jams likes this.
  17. TriceratopsX

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :kaoswt:@Asterisk Chain actions, or dying inside?

On a side note I forgot how getting on the forums every day really helps motivate me!:kaopride:

18. Derk

Derk Sad Machine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I said I was going to do maps, but instead I worked on a event graphic (though I feel it's necessary).
    upload_2017-10-16_15-10-5.png
    At least I'm being forced to draw backgrounds, something I need to learn but also avoid like the plague.

19. Enigma_Productions

Enigma_Productions Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @TriceratopsX I agree lol. Seeing everyone else's progress reminds me that I should be progressing too.:kaopride:

Tea's Jams and TriceratopsX like this.
  20. TriceratopsX

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Enigma_Productions Especially after a few months of barely working on my main project, having this come along has really gotten me pumped, though it helps that my IGMC game and my main project take place in the same world so coming up with this game (gameplay and lore wise) has given me a lot of new inspiration for my main project.

And nothing gets my blood pumping better then a little friendly competition (a cash prize helps too! :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.