psipumpkin

BWL!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I've come up with a good idea, so my first task is to quickly hammer out the plot. From there, i need to create some custom sprites before I really begin working on the game itself. Super excited!!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have no idea if I'm actually going to get anywhere on this, but I've spent most of the morning writing a script for a game so I guess I'm making something. I know I won't win, I'm way too inexperienced at game creation, but actually creating a game for a change instead of just making art for one is going to be really good for me.

I'll be using my Tiny World tiles for it and altering tiles from other sets as needed. I really wish I could use some of the ORTP on this, but it's non-commercial. :p I'm also probably going to use a little of the Time Fantasy and POP tiles, maybe a few others if I can manage the scale right. Making maps is going to be all sorts of fun. I'm excited to start mapping but I need to plan more first so I don't spend all my time and money and energy on assets that won't even be used.

I've never actually made a game before so I'm going to need that script finished ASAP if I want to finish an entire game in a month. I also just know I'm going to get caught up in playing around with art so I'll need all the time I can get to put together the actual game. So that means I'll need to have that script finished by the end of the week, and I'm going to try really hard for the end of the day. It's only an hour long game so I really don't need a ton of script. Keeping things minimal is going to be tough.

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
For the first time I'm taking part on a jam, I hope it goes ok.
I'm happy that I already have the graphic assets.
Also I've been working on the database and finished the skills (I guess).
Next step: animations.

• Graphics: comissioned for Aeternial, not used anymore
    • It's valid, right? Otherwise I'm gonna use Time Fantasy
  • Plot: Me;
  • Database: Myself;
  • Eventing: I;
  • Code: Biterkid

ZephyrAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got a game concept worked out, now I just have to make it a reality. Finding the right resources is a challenge I get lost in all too often (I'm not an artist/musician by any means), so I'll try to focus on getting the base down first.

Never tried a contest before, but I'm not about to go in halfway! One hour. One Month. It can be done!

(And then I may hit NaNoWriMo again right after >_<)

StarWyvern

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my first time jumping into something like this but I've been playing RPGs ever since the first Dragon Warrior. So it's time to have some fun!

My strength is in yarn spinning. I want to create something with a mix of comedy and depth, not too crazy since it's just an hour. But I prefer touching and meaningful to shock and pizzazz. Also recently bought a really nice digital piano that I might compose a tune or two from to set the atmosphere.

Looking forward to throwing in a few lines and an homage or two to my favorite early RPG titles. Good luck everyone and nice to meet you.

BEWARE THE BRIDGES!

JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't resist the adrenaline rush of of trying to cram a decent 2.5D Project into this time frame. I'm just a gluten for punishment!

tlbearer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to be working on maybe two entries for this, one is a sole and the other one I have a team for. I hope they both do well.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, for the record:
My entry will be Chapter 1 of a larger series.
So when I enter it, don't think that I ran out of time and had to cut it short. :p

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm definitely joining this contest this time around. I've been stoking up a game idea for something like this for a few months, now.

Day 1: I started a Google Doc and wrote down the general ideas for my game. 'Tis a small, boss-and-puzzle-oriented crawler called Homunculus that focuses on player strategy, puzzles, gear, boss battle gimmicks, and player choice. I have a rather basic story going for it that get a little bit deeper the more you look into the lore. The gameplay time for this game is incredibly varied, estimated at around 3 hours to 30 minutes depending on how you play and what ending you're going for. There are 3 party members: a marksman, a knight, and a scholar. Each have their own roles and playstyles that blend well with each other in terms of combos.

Day 2 (Today): I continued the Google Doc, and I managed to add in skill and equipment ideas. Each character has 6 skills. 5 normal skills and an ultimate. There are 3 simplified equipment types: Weapon, Armor, and Accessory. Equipment are not tier based, but each piece of gear comes with sidegrades that provide a passive unique to that piece of gear, making mostly every piece of gear in the game useful until the final battle. Did I forget to mention that I plan to allow the player to play the game in any order they want? You can visit all of the dungeons and slay all of the bosses, or you can also just enter the final dungeon and beat the game within minutes. The choice is yours.

I plan to post my progress daily. I really, really am looking forward to this competition, despite the fact that I also have to worry about school things in the meantime.

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm gonna be taking part. Whether or not I can fit it in doesn't matter, I need some creative output right now.

I'll be using a story idea I've wanted to do for awhile (pared down a bit) It's a bit of a typical fantasy story with some modern twists. It'll be mostly an adventure game and I'm not entirely sure how long it'll run for at the moment (I'm hoping to keep it fairly short, but it'll depend on how much time I have to work on it)

Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to trying out the interesting ideas that will come out of this.

Kefka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am in- I'm working on everything right now. While I'm sure that I will not end up winning, it's the first time I have ever competed for anything. I'm not going to give anything away about my game, even though I think writing is my strongest suit, just because reasons (inferiority complex, shh!) But I'm pleased by the progress I've made overnight- I'm staying up all extra late and stuff to just get everything going!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've got the beginning planned out and I've started spriting the main character. No actual work in the editor so far. I have a good story but I haven't a clue how to do the actual gameplay. I'm wanting to do a small crafting and reputation system since my main character is a witch that runs the local item shop, but I have no clue how to do any of it. Variables I guess? Maybe a script for the crafting. I should really figure out a way to do something other than the default for battles too, I suppose. I also don't know anything about sound, so that will be fun to sort out. Yep, gonna be reading lots of tutorials this month. It's pretty tempting to find a programming and/or music partner, but with how volatile my health is I can't really promise anyone anything. That's okay though, learning will be good for me. I just really doubt I'll finish in time.

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got the concept and design documents laid out. I'm going to make a short simulation game this time, so there won't be a lot of work in the graphics department. The eventing, however, is probably going to be hard, but I'm sure I'll have fun with it.

kokiyo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Reading all of your replies makes me super motivated! I wish you all good luck in creating your game on time!

This is my first time creating an rpg game so I'm pretty nervous. I'm only entering for some critique and to see how far I can push myself! I haven't been motivated for the longest time so this is the perfect opportunity to start! I'm watching tutorial videos on YouTube and I think I can do it! :D

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kokiyo Remember, even a bad game is a good learning experience :D
I'm now only sorting out few dilemmas, but I'll be on making the game soon :D

LRDean_Socks

A.K.A. Socks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
@kokiyo I'm so nervous too!!! My first time trying to make a "finished game". //hugs nervously

I had an idea for a small "learning experience" game while working on my big project, so this might be the time to us it!. Though, I'm big on drawing, so making my own assets is my strong suit (i draws fast), but the main mechanics and gut of a game is where I struggle. T-T I'll be aiming for a more Visual novel looking game, since thats what I really want to practice.
Going to start sketching! It's what really gets my ideas going. (Going to be so un-organized T-T)
This is my Day 1 T-T so nervous, maybe I'll post some sketches this afternoon!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have my town exterior and interiors finished, plot and some quests. Making the npc's and naming them currently. Soooo, excited!!

Gin

The djinn
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My maps and places are all finished too...but just in my head!>_> I´m finished with music and resources chosen for the game, and am all 100% aplying in awesome map making.:cutesmile:
Behold the awesomnessB)...Muahahah...:guffaw:
hDB8BE079
Just joking, it´s gonna be cool when it´s finished...Just have to put some more tiles and stuff...:popcorn:
Have fun everyoneeee!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to bite and try to fit the time in to work on this contest. My entry will most likely be more of a visual novel-esque game than a true RPG. I've started the base GDD to keep my ideas together and started the basic flow in Articy to get a base idea of flow. I also started stripping assets from the default project and database since the majority of them will not be needed. Other than that, not much progress yet, and I have a week pulled from under me since I have a conference in mid-October.

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm gonna try and push out something short and sweet with my collection of NES-like resources I've been slowly making/collecting over time. Throw it all together in a big alchemy pot and see if it blows up, yknow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*le typical company rebranding that changes and adds absolutely nothing has arrived
Degica Games has become Komodo! Be sure to read more at the link below.

DarkAdria wrote on  Masked 's profile.
Hello, sorry to bother you. I have tried to send you a private message, but it indicates that due to the privacy settings it is not possible.
Some time ago, I finished my project and made a port for Android. Because the original idea was to play the game with a keyboard on PC, playing it with a mouse caused some bugs. (max 420 characters)...
Another day, Another migraine, I found out that the game is broken about the .... Stuff.... Im not best at coding and, I got this billion error, so no choice, I think the error is from Yanfly's SkillMastery...... Fixing it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soniapunch