Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This thread is moving way too fast for me to comment on everyone >.<"
@JosephSeraph @Plueschkatze Thank you! I'm very happy that two amazing artists like yourself like them. :wub
@woobv Thank you! I really like the aesthetics of your game so far. Definitely looking forward to trying your game.
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Great maps and wow so much progress already. Keep up the good work!
@DragonVine @lemongreen Lovely map(s) both of you. Looks like quite a few will be

Progress:
* Finished that last sprite. It's a simple recolour of one of Vexed's, but I think it does it job well enough.
* Wrote a bit at work. I think I'll be done tomorrow.
* Came up with some extra puzzles (for if I have time left).
* Started the project and copied over some scripts I always use (UMS, etc.).
* Lost a lot of time yesterday trying to find a nice background (I'm allowed to use) for the title screen.
* Came up with the project name.
* Finally just decided to use rpg maker resources for the title screen.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today was interesting. My accomplishment for the day is only in planning. I've decided that instead of doing the plot I had planned, I'm going to center the whole thing around what was going to be only referenced as having happened just before the start. I'll do the one I was planning after this one's done. This means I only have to worry about a limited task in a limited area, which is good, and it'll be using the same systems as the main section so I don't have to toss any of that. I just now don't have any script. Wheeeeee! The likelihood of finishing is very low but I count it as a win because it's still progress!

@slimmmeiske2 That turned out really well, it looks like it was all done on purpose, not scrapped together. It actually took me far too long to recognize my own pixel work in the frame. :D

Dezue

*******.com/peninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, you funky jammers!
Thanks for keeping everybody, including ourselves, motivated with your awesome progress, w00t w00t!
We're a bit late to the party, but this just means working extra hard, right?

Anyway, here's the status of our short spin off (of our current project Peninja - The Funky Sexy Love Ninja RPG):

* All three main characters designed
* First quest designed
* First room layouted and scribbled

The big present is the only art asset I'm able to reuse :kaoback: Other than that, everything will have to be drawn from scratch...

Have a productive day and stay funky,
Dez

Dezue

*******.com/peninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mister Kent Thanks! Guess there's nothing left to do other than stock up on coffee and give that pen some love

Love your bust pictures btw, how do you plan on animating them?

Mister Kent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure, I've been looking at some MV plugins, just simple blinking animation, but I think it'll liven things up :D

Dezue

*******.com/peninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely! I'm looking forward to seeing the results :)

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:kaopride:@slimmmeiske2 I love your Alice in Wonderland sprites! They're sooooo cute!

Had an idea for some skills, not sure if I can implement them though, is there a way to make the next attack (that has damage) to deal double damage? (but only one time)

Also am I the only one that thinks it's harder to name skills than to come up with what they do?

jmike

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's the first time I'll be posting here and I only have a disaster to report lol. I've made good progress on my entry, done a lot of eventing; I made prototype maps with the RTP and told myself I'll make the final maps at a later date and when I finally got to making the final maps, I realised the tilesets I wanted to use were for VX Ace and not MV. Been thinking of starting over with VX Ace to save me the trouble of porting tilesets (I'm not even entirely sure about the legality of porting tilesets, can anyone tell me when porting DLC tilesets is legal?)

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was right about things going slightly faster with mapping; I don't have all the maps done yet but I at least have enough to start on the framework for the story finally (I've gotten the opening finished)
I think I'm going to work on the menus (since I haven't actually done any of that yet, even though I usually get to that much earlier than this) then get back to finishing the mapping. If I keep at somewhat of the same pace I'll definitely be finished on time.

@jmike I believe if you look in the terms of the DLC (most of them, anyway) it'll say that they can be used in any RPG Maker (I'm pretty sure the exceptions are the Luna Engine and Khas Ultra Lighting which are scripting packs for Ace only, but otherwise as long as you legally own both engines it's perfectly fine)

Last edited:

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@jmike You can definitely use VX Ace tilesets in MV as long as you own both engines. The terms usually allow for this. I wouldn't scrap what you've done. You can also easily resize the VX Ace tilesets for MV if you need to in Gimp.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 12

Wow, got a lot done today, but not much to show for it without spoiling too much. I have 15 minutes as played by someone else who is slightly familiar with the game.

1.) So far three out of 8 quests are written and run smoothly (will refine later for sure, but it could work as is too) One of them is actually a main game mechanic and was quite a lot more work then I anticipated, but it's going good right now. (a continuous parallel quest)
2.) I added nice music to most of my maps and finished quests. (SOOO thankful for the loads of free resources people make, people are awesome!)
3.) Made some custom animations with my limited editing skills for the opening scene, I'm pretty satisfied, I may still tweak two more things.
4.) Thinking about skipping the title screen... thoughts?
5.) Had an impromptu play through debugging session when my son wanted to play what I have so far. Fixed 10 issues.

Goals for tomorrow:

More music placement and quests.

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jmike You can definitely do a game using entirely 32x32 sized Ace assets in MV. You just need to activate the free plug-in (forgot which one but its easy to find) which changes your maps from 48 to 32 based.

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I'll be heading to skills and such now that the meat table is integrated and working. 280 transformations for a player monster, of 8 unique species . 4 unique classes, with no exp grinding. wip gen-bae

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of these projects are looking absolutely amazing! I'm really looking forward to seeing these completed games! :D

Here is the latest update for the project Futrchamp, Plueschkatze, Hiddenone, and myself are working on. This has really been a lot of fun so far. So much left to do, and so little time!

Trainimation.gif

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank everything good for @Tsukihime and her/his MV plugins! :hswt: I found three plugins that'll let me do everything I needed! :kaojoy:(State damage modifiers, double cast state, and actor battle commands) Now I just have to implement them and I'll be almost done with data basing this thing (maniacal laughing intensifies)

BigAntlers

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Mechanics overhaul, completely changing core mechanic of my game. Here it is if someone wants to use it:
Player is a ghost who manipulates environments around people causing a chain reaction to make something happen, possibly protecting or harming them.
Example: make a mouse cross the street which startles a woman which makes the boy on a bicycle stop which prevents him from going over the crossroads at which a truck would hit him.
This is a simple example but you get the idea, the most complex ones could include an entire house worth of things to mess with and entire separate timelines of people( place the alarm clock a few centimeters closer to the bed so the guy who is sleeping knocks it off with his hand and breaks it so he comes late for work, making him have to cancel the date with his coworker because he needs to finish some things just so another couple could get their table instead of going to another restaurant where the girl would get alergic reaction to the food and end up in a hospital). I just couldn't incorporate a proper story around it(guardian angel perhaps?)and also the controls would be a pain to write(complete mouse controls) as i don't have that much experience with rgss3 and i would probably introduce tons of bugs that i couldn't fix on time.

@Bonkers Are you making a monster dating sim? Looks awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?
Eric from RTP: is a veteran
Game: Lvl 1
My smaller game will revolve around a single character who recruits monsters for the main story quest. Like me, he will have no social life and be hesitant to go outside. Heheh.
Waah!!
I finally got the outline for Mocha Gaze... so happy.
I hope I can get around to writing it this weekend. We'll see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gubbler