Not open for further replies.

Trivi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After i see all this here, i lost, somehow, my motivation.
Some great Pictures of the Games and Textures, ( only small spoilers) and i use the standard program, cause i am new and its the first game i make. (exept the litte time i played with the program before)
I tought to try it and join the contest but i think i dont have any chance here :D
But, maybe there are some ppl who like my story and game, that would make me happy. So i try to find my motivation and and i will finish my game. ^^

By the way, i have finished my main Story and will work now on some sidequest and the charakters for the game.

Some of my Maps.
The World Map is actually this size but the story only play on the northern island

Well i wish you all good luck and fun by making youre game :)

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@DragonVine Wow, that turned out pretty nice. #2!

@iVale Woah, that looks really cool. Fun effect!

@Trivi I wouldn't give up, you can't really judge how fun a game is based on pictures. You also can't tell how many of these people will come out with a finished game. If all that fails, then just try competing against yourself. Is this a better and more finished game than you were able to do before? Then you win in experience. There's always someone out there better than you, but most of the time they just have more practice. Get that practice for yourself and people will be envious of you. You just need to get there one step at a time.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Sharm Thanks! Your advice helped me greatly!

@just1witness Thanks again! It seems #2 is the winner! I just need to do some sprite editing. I'll have a late night, doing it, but I'll get it done!

@Trivi Don't be discouraged! Just push on. At the end, even if it's not as good as other's entries (there are always going to be people who are better), you will be able to say you finished a game! And there's no guarantee that any of us will be able to finish on time haha. I'm going to try, and I will finish this one, even if I don't finish on time, but I'm just having fun in the process!

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trivi your maps look pretty good in my opinion. (And there's nothing necessarily WRONG with the rtp) So as some of the others above me said, even if it isn't the best game out there and even if you don't win, I think you should try and finish your game and submit it.

Trivi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sharm and @DragonVine
Thank you for answering.
It isn't so that i will give up because i am new in the program and have to learn much more about it, or that i know that i wont win. I won't definitely not give up.
I know how much time the ppl spend and how much time i need to learn that.
Its only, if i see how beatiful a map can be... thats the only thing what about i am jealous.
If i see that, my motivation sunk like stone.
I dont know how to write that, my english lessons are long,long ago.
Cant put it in words what i mean.
I enter the contest not cause i want win it(but it wasnt that bad if i do), i do it because i love rpgs and having adventures and storys and the complete thing arround it AND since such a short time i have the rpg maker, i love to make it and i enjoy the time when i do that.
I hope now its clear what i mean in my text before and thank you for cheering me up (i shouldnt write so late at time, my brain wont work normal:kaophew:)
@TriceratopsX thank you :)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day 13!!!

Another productive day, but less than I would have liked honestly... I am starting to feel like I will be submitting something for sure though, barring some catastrophic event.

1.)Quest #4 out of 8 mostly done, quests 1, 2 and 3 more polished.
2.)Spent a long time looking for a tall Harold sprite free for commercial use (I saw biz's, but he states free only for non-commercial use) I settled on editing a tall sprite done by Hiddenone and McSundae.
blockley.png
As you can see, I'm 1/4th done, haha!

Goals for tomorrow... Finish Harold sprite and quest 4, start quest 5.

TheSkullWolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trivi Be creative and give it your best shot who knows maybe you will win. Remember: Graphics aren't everything :ywink: Personally what gets me hooked is the story. Edit: I'm using the factory ones too, just making them unique.

@just1witness LOVE IT! Tall sprites are awesome. I wanna try that sometime in a game....

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man, I still feel so far away from being finished with only two weeks to go. Really don't want to submit another half-tested entry. On the bright side, almost all of the pieces I need are there. I'm hoping that I can whip up the rest of the maps over the next few days and start implementing all of the cut scenes shortly after. I really like how my game is coming along so far ... just pray I can finish it in time.

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Man, I might try that upscale small head sprite look. It actually looks pretty nice (it'd probably take a good while that I don't really have, so probably something more to keep in mind if I manage to get everything added in)

I think I might have the menus done (though I'm still not sure about the title screen; I'll probably change it again if I have the time towards the end)

readydotexe

Low class wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Today's progress:
Finished the character sprites before the day ended I'ts 4 am where I live yes but tomorrow doesn't start until I sleep!
Tomorrow's quests:
I'll start with the mini sprites like the monitor for the IA but I think tomorrow I'll be on more university stuff

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok. I've been working hard mapping a few more areas. But in the interests of speeding up the process I used a map I'd previously made as a base for the Town of Jesma. I figured I'd post them both here so you can see. I'm amazed how different they look!

It's not finished yet, obviously, but I was just so chuffed that it turned out so good so far!

I'm determined to get Hotspring Caves finished tonight so I can start eventing, and getting the dialogue done. I'm hoping to have Jesma finished by Friday, Mapping and eventing, and the final bits of mapping done by next tuesday.

With luck I'll get it all sorted by next friday so I can spend my Holloween holidays playtesting and bug fixing, and doing a few cosmetic things I'd like to do now but I can't because of the practical gameplay bits.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Trivi : I'd suggest finish it anyways. The experience you will get from doing that as well as the feedback will be very helpful in the future. I did that in the 2014 IGMC and while I didn't win (or even place) the feedback I got from the 6 who reviewed my game was very helpful in the long run.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@just1witness Ohh, so cute!! But if you wanted a pre-existing tall Harold sprite for commercial use, there's Candacis MV Sprite + which has the full sheet for Actor 1 (unless you're not making it in MV.)

I have managed to myself rsi so I'm trying to have a gentle day today and hope the pain goes. :rswt Ended up removing mouse functionality which means I've had to cut out some puzzles, but it should give me a wider berth for making final adjustments before the deadline.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep. Didn't see that... Oh well. :guffaw:
Thank you!

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@lemongreen I was pleasantly surprised with how the upscaled bodies worked with the smaller heads too.

Working on my sprites. I need to upscale several, but if given a few hours, I should be able to get them done. For any others that are absolutely needed, I'll just resize as I work.

Nicola

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again!

It's lovely seeing everyone's games progress! How many minutes are you guys up to so far? I think maybe 15 minutes or something for my game. I'm not sure if that's good or not at this point :kaomad3:

Here's a screenshot of part of the town so far, I think this will be my last picture post until the end!:

I'm not sure I can work any more on it today, my eyes are hating all the pixels. o_O

Also, the scale of the maps posted here blows my face off. A lot of work gone into each project already :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Ok, here's my updated progress. As you can see I am making significant progress with the game and now have a good 15 miniutes of solid gameplay.

Problems I've encountered
1. Worrying about how long I have left to finish the game. If I'm to bugtest it and polish it I'll have to have everything done by next friday so I can spend my very short holloween break testing it before submitting it by the 02/11/17 at the latest (to allow for issues with loading).
2. My mapping. I'm finding it very difficult to finish Hotspring Cave. I know if I had a few undistracted hours I could have it sorted, but on the plus side I've been motoring through my other maps.
3. Cutscenes... Man they take so long to go through, to make sure everythings spelt right and reads ok, and that the expressions match the words... whew. It'll be worth it, but so long.

On the plus side
1. Actual progress and gameplay!
2. Battles are working and randomised.
3. Entire first part of game up to first proper quest now complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.
Job concerns. Love where I work, but I have severe anxiety while I'm outside at night.
It's nice to see the evolution of my game: Here is a video with the first WIP:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YaBoiKetchup