2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicola

Nicola Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much for the likes and kind comments. It's really lovely to join a forum where everyone is so supportive and friendly :) I really enjoy looking through everyone's hard work.

:kaoswt:Happy game making vibes to all!:kaoswt:

2. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @woobv and @Dezue

Thanks for the comments! This contest is really rolling now. So many projects that look absolutely stunning. I am absolutely loving all the engagement and interaction within the community. This is my first time participating in something like this, but it certainly won't be the last. Keep at it, everybody! Looks like I'm going to have a lot of games to play soon. XD

Also, here is an update to the train I've been creating in conjunction with Plueschkatze's tiles and textures. Really learning so much from this team!:

Trainimation.gif

sorabokki, Marquise*, Kvothe and 12 others like this.
  3. Derk

Derk Sad Machine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The artist/game designer part of my brain is says "50000000000 different enemies" but the logical side of my brain is like "keep it down to like two or three and just edit/recolor them for variation." The latter is right. Anyway, enemy concept designs.
    upload_2017-10-19_13-44-17.png
    upload_2017-10-19_13-46-0.png

I also have to tell myself not to go hard on the body horror, to keep within the rating, and not to have Junji Ito-esque shenanigans going on (this is partially why the game involves plants) :kaophew:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  4. MinisterJay

MinisterJay Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Over a week of polishing. Beta testers are helping a lot. Personally trying to play as many different choice combination as possible to see how they make different potential end game possibilities. Trying to see if I can break it a few more times.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  5. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    screen1.png

Finishin' up the first "dungeon" and workin' on polishing the battle/message systems for cohesion (Animations have changed/been line up since this video)!

sorabokki, Rabosion, DjowG and 7 others like this.
  6. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Unless I can get all my other work done. ie, the mapping and eventing etc. I don't think I'll be able to implement my Crafting system. I'm leaving it until last because the rest of the game is more important, the crafting is just a fun bonus for anyone who wants to explore the little game world a bit further.

But though I'm nearly finished my mapping, only some interiors, and map decoration to go, I know the eventing is going to take ages, espeically as I want to do a few simple puzzles as well. I'm also doing family stuff this weekend, so I'm going to have no time at all to make headway in this.

Fingers crossed I can get everything done in time. 12 days of game making left for me (as I want to test and upload it between the 1st and 3rd of Nov so it's there.

Where would one go for testers for the game when the time comes?

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and Bonkers like this.
  7. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe there are workshops for that, and you can always post in project recruitment for testers; just mark the post as IGMC with a cutoff date.

readydotexe, Dezue and Tea's Jams like this.
  8. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is true. I never even thought about that. lol.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  9. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Goals update! I've gotten some pretty good work done.
    1. Map the interiors I need: Status complete :cutesmile:
    2. Start working on events: Status in progress, I have all the characters for some of the interiors done, and I'm working on getting the first bit of the plot evented.
    3. Finish the last of the skills: Status almost complete, I have all but one Player skill done, from here it's just enemy skills.
    4. Get the main chars sprite done: Status Almost complete
    [​IMG]
    I have the moveset done, I just need to edit the facesets and the battler.
    5. I'm gonna have to make a sprite for the main characters pregnant wife... Wish me luck. :stare:: Status ... In progress

I want to finish at least one or two more goals today, honestly speaking it'll probably be the main characters sprites and/or eventing the first part of the story.

Marquise*, Tea's Jams and Frogboy like this.
  10. lemongreen

lemongreen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm going to be honest; not a lot of progress actually got done, today. It's mostly because I've been feeling a little weird (hopefully not sick, but I'll probably be making an appointment to see a doctor just to be sure) Thankfully I do have at least enough done and a good idea of what still needs done that I can probably still get at least something out on time (I really was never shooting to win in the first place)

Since I didn't share it last time, here's the title screen (that I may still change it, the title is definitely still tentative):
    [​IMG]

11. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @lemongreen Holy cow! :o That titlescreen is beautiful! I'm super jealous, I wish I could draw like that!

readydotexe and Tea's Jams like this.
  12. JacobM

JacobM Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well... my buddy and I got the battle system mostly how we want it!

Timed Attack scripts are by SumRndmDude
    all other Battle scripts by Yanfly

sorabokki, Marquise*, DjowG and 6 others like this.
  13. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Day 15

I got the frame work of the 5th quest (likely to be the longest too) mostly done. I am pretty happy as I expected to get less then half fleshed out. I even made a custom eerie female singing BGS! My son comes and plays the quest over and over and laughs each time, so here's to hoping I can get people older than 7yrs old to laugh at it!

1.)Quest 5 framework complete

Tomorrow, flesh out and refine quest 5. Only 3 more quests to go before fine tuning and testing time!!!! :D

14. Dezue

Dezue patreon.com/peninja Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm so tired! :D How about you?
    Still, at least the kitchen is finished!

[​IMG]

@Gabrelik You're right! Without all the positive vibe, I probably would have far less motivation. Keep the train rolling :)
    @IAmJakeSauvage Looking good, love your UI!
    @lemongreen Oooh, spooky! Nice!

Rock on, you guys!

15. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So my game is based on a massive skeleton.
    This skeleton is a complex eventing system.
    When I say complex I mean more than just a few common events eventually collaborating together with some map events and plugins to do some magic, in order to deliver a nice gaming experience.

Tested it to the extent I can. I am almost done with it 100%.
    The testing took place a few hours ago.
    I still can't sleep.

[​IMG]

That's good news though.

16. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have now finished 4 maps, with one being almost done. I'll be finishing a few more tonight before going back to sprites. I'll have a few screenshots to show soon.

Tea's Jams, Frogboy and Dreadshadow like this.
  17. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Dezue , your maps are amazing. I know I’ll be playing it just for that. Lol. (Unfortunately nanowtimo starts in nov so when I do get playing and reviewing it it’ll be December)

I’m making a list of games I really want to try from here. Should be fun!

18. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I find that I barely have enough time to respond to everybody-but everyone's projects are looking amazing! Keep at it everyone! Try not to burn out!
    A quick update before I have to jet off to work this morning-I have spent the last two days mostly away from the project to recover from my weekend binge. It also gave my brother time to work on the cut scenes since we're sharing a computer so it's good for everyone. I myself have only been able to get a little bit of work done but whatever amount is better than none. This weekend is where I'll really be able to tackle the leftovers-mapping mostly at this point. I got three rooms done in our haunted mansion and installed a time system and battery system for a flashlight that was vital to game play. Just need to work out the kinks. When I installed the time system it lagged the game-and we're running TheoAllen's Anti-Lag script! Yikes!

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and Dezue like this.
  19. Dezue

Dezue patreon.com/peninja Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Thank you, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it [​IMG]
    Obviously, we'll be playing your game as well!

The to-play list is really a good idea btw

@Guardinthena Good to hear you are fine again! The flashlight system sounds intiguing :)
    Out of curiosity, what does TheoAllen's Anti-Lag script do? Does it really reduce lag? o_O
    (I mean, it's obviously in the name, but this is the first time I've heard of it!)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    readydotexe and Tea's Jams like this.
  20. Derk

Derk Sad Machine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I tried to use Yanfly plugins to have a stealth mode you can enter via button press, and definitely broke something. If I don't figure it out by later today, I'll just ask about it. :kaomad3:

Edit: I want to add it works in THEORY, just not the way it's supposed to. Pressing the button definitely does something, but whatever it is, it's not supposed to be doing that in particular.

Tea's Jams likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.