Not open for further replies.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Derk I completely forgot that I had that too! I don't have the newest one, but I have the one for VX Ace and below. I might be able to use that. Thanks for the reminder!

Derk

Sad Machine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Derk I completely forgot that I had that too! I don't have the newest one, but I have the one for VX Ace and below. I might be able to use that. Thanks for the reminder!
Yeah, I only have the old version myself, but I just used the Second Story DLC sprites and used Waifu2x to upsize them. And no problem. :kaopride:

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Part of my original plan was to have three random pieces of dialogue for each npc which would change as the story progressed, needless to say that (probably) isn't going to work (which stinks cause I've already got the ground work done)

So tonight my goal is to finish the second part of the story, which is MUCH shorter than the other parts and basically serves only to cement how evil the bad guy is, after that it will probably take me a day or two to finish the third part of the story (which is the most combat focused) if I'm lucky, from there the final part of the plot is just one more fight to wrap up loose ends (shouldn't take too long to make) and the final cutscene (which if I have time will be one of two possible endings) so if I work hard all week (and get lucky) I "should" be able to finish by next weekend. Heh no pressure.

Last edited:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welp. We ended up going with a completely different idea (the other one was taking too long, as we spent the vast majority of the time just working on the maps). This new idea is much simpler, and more along the lines of an arcade game. Basically, you have to get as many ice beetles as possible across the bog to their home territory while avoiding the fire frogs that are sitting on logs in the water. You go until you run out of lives (or until you quit the game). I've gotten the beetle graphics done pretty quickly, so hopefully the frog goes about the same.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8MRQKz4-tnVQXUzVzRoNFpFVkE

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
StairwayMapScreenshot.png
I'm almost done with the second big map. We've 1-2 bigger maps left (depending on if we split that area into two maps~) and a few smaller ones. This is a sneakpeak of a small area! (Still not finished~ Hehe!)
The team is working hard! <3

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"random pieces of dialogue for each npc which would change as the story progressed"
Very ambitious for a 30 day project don't you think? ;P

@Llareian
"to write my own dungeon randomization plugin"

That would be REALLY interesting.
I mean I made a dungeon randomization system (eventing only) but of course it is
very limited (since it is made for an one month project).

The game starts to feel like a game.
Intro is ready.
Time to compose some music then.

Last edited:

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow I never said it was a good idea did I? :p Besides it's no fun if it's not ridiculously more difficult than is necessary!

Tbh I really don't have that many npcs... I think, still it WOULD be a lot

EDIT: I have 13 (Thus far) that I was gonna have that way... That ladies and gentlemen is 390 pieces of dialogue...

Last edited:

motta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks, i finished one more puzzle today (two more to go), i am trying my best to finish the game in the given month (college is not collaborating with my time). I am dedicating all my free time for the development.
I also inserted a plugin to change in-game language, for best convinience.
I assure that the finished game will be spooky!

Attachments

DjowG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sharm i used normal return (if used ctr+enter close thw window) and only apear in menu, not apear in dialogue
I used a fourth option, a Word Wrapping Script, with this the bug caracter is gone o/
I'd rather do it by hand, so after te competition i spend a time to fix the font.
thanks for the reply

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow
I'm not going to give up on the concept in general. I'm determined to make a better map randomizer! It's something I've been working on since a little before the contest started, when it was just a "hey this would be neat to learn how to do procedural map generation in JavaScript" thing, then IGMC came out and my progress on the JavaScript stalled, and I got an idea for a game with randomized maps. Now that part is sadly being dropped from my game! But oh well. I actually intend to use the randomization process in the future to make OUTDOOR maps rather than dungeons, and the idea was to make it for a resource management game. We'll see if I ever get there...

Progress!: OH the eventing! Lots of event frameworks set up, forcing me to realize how much work THAT part is going to be. I made four more dungeon maps, but two still need to be dressed (they're very simple so it should be very quick). I also made most of the town map and set up the NPCs. Even wrote the script for one of them. I think I'm going to need Yanfly's Shop Core, as much as I hate to keep tacking on plugins...but traditional dungeon crawls demand multiple, specialized shops, and that demands...a plugin.

I also realized that I databased for too much content, so I'll probably only map and event for about half of what I had originally thought, which means my maps are about...20%-30% done.

I'm beginning to worry.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got a lot done yesterday and today. All of the cut scenes except for the end game one is for the most part, finished. Whew! 2-3 more areas and boss battles, map decorating and then on to testing and debugging. Was hoping to be farther along by now but I think I have a decent chance of completing this in time for submission. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you.

hadecynn

Abyss of Oblivion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's time to let the cat out of the bag.

I signed on to a new job and quit my old one on October 1st. When I saw the contest a few days later, I thought this was the perfect opportunity at the perfect time. So even though I'm supposed to be relocating in 3 days, and I haven't packed a single thing yet, I worked feverishly on my project.

It's not 100% done yet, but even if from tomorrow until the deadline I don't have time to work on it anymore, I'd still be pretty happy and confident about what I can submit.

Without further ado. My project.
Logo.png

Story.png
ss3.png

ss1.png

ss2.png

I hope to have this submitted by this Friday. If it interests you, please give it a try! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I guess the concept of friendship has changed :") Today I saw a very quiet boy getting bullied by his 'friends' because he wasn't talking. They made a circle and made him sit in the middle and were nagging him saying hey talk, sing a song, do this tongue twister etc. etc. And I could totally see the discomfort in the boy's face. Glad I don't have 'friends' lmao
Music is my life, getting noticed for it is the best compliment I can get. So thanks to those who expressed interest :)
character for fun, based on various friends input.

I've noticed that the website has changed a lot since I left in August last year...
One of my kitties after a long, tiring day of being adorable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shouty