Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@The Mighty Palm That's pretty close to what I'm doing with the art in mine, only I've got this huge unreleased pack I've been working on thrown in the mix too. It's going to be so much fun to get them all working together.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Eh, you know what? I think I'm going to take my small project I started in July and try to finish it as if I were entering it in the contest. I know I can't enter it as I did technically start it in July (thinking there was no IGMC), but I can at least use the contest deadline to get the game done.

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I think I'm going to see what I can hack together in time - something fairly simple, most likely, relying basically on the RTP and perhaps a few scripts...

Might scavenge from a few earlier ideas that never came to fruition. (Enough of those, anyway...)

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No time right now (plus my last one didn't go so well), so I probably won't enter. I know there will be great games, though!

Your last one was thrown together in two days because you didn't find out about the contest until then. I'm sure if you had the time, you'd do a lot better with a month to work on it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
lol. loving the effect.

I'm having some trouble mapping my interiors for my town. For some reason I just can't seem to get them right. The dialogue bit's gone very well though. All finished with just some tody up as Ii go along. it's the mapping that has me stumped now!

Kefka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe that through staying up late nights and cranking out things for my game, I might actually get everything finished for what I have planned! What might slow me down a bit as it draws close to time to actually submit is doing work in the database. While I have figured out what I want the classes to do, I haven't figured out how I am going to implement that yet- or how I want to balance the weapons, skills, items and armor; I'm saving those for the last few days of the contest!

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Day 3: More work on my Google Doc. I'm almost done with it, I only need to think up of cool boss gimmicks for all 15 Bosses in the game. I plan to make each fight challenging and unique, and even switch up their strategy based on your Difficulty level. However, I can't get much else done because I have to study for my SATs tomorrow. Take Two, 'cuz I wasn't very happy with my previous score of 1200, so I need to take the time to get better.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, I have a story concept and base mechanics settled on and halfway implemented. I guess that's ... something.

JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is all I got so far... BUT! It's progress! Still adding more to the scene, this was mainly to test it in RPG Maker. :)
firstmap.png

Whole Map
fm2.jpg

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started the project as soon as I read about the competition, haha. Now it's 7.10 and I see a lot of progress... Keep up good work guys!

xcom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hrrrrmm.......

I have one I started in VX Ace the last time this contest was held. I tried making some side scrolling combat that I could never get to work correctly, and ended up never finishing it. MV has come out since then and pretty much solved that part of the problem. Maybe I should just start over and totally remake it in MV now. The initial script is done, and the mapping was all figured out to. I just need to physically just redo it all in MV.

Hrrrmm.......

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I heard about this on the fifth and I think I have my plugins setup, some sprites and battle sprites and one map done plus eventing on the map. Doing something completely different from my normal main project. Going to give MogHunter's LMBS a go.o_O

watermark

Waiting for that RM vibe to come back.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So planned progress for the first phase:

1. Familiarize myself with RPG MV again as haven't touched it in a few months, but this should go quickly.
2. Look over the latest plug-ins and Yanfly updates and see what can be used.
3. Draft basic story. Right now it's all very vague. The only thing that's certain at this point is that I want to use a female protagonist this year. With supernatural elements.

Once the story is set I'll have a better idea of where to go with this. One month is quite short imho.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Couldn't make much progress. All night struggling with Yanfly unsupported ATB bugs T.T Yanfly whyyyyyy......

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, progress update

# Script complete (small revisions to be done as I inpute it into the game)
# Starting town exterior map finished, including lighting and atmosphere
# Interior maps started
# Title Screen Complete
# Music Pack Chosen

Also, I've just noticed that I'm paralaxing my interiors and sme of my exterior decoration... I did not mean to do that at all. lol. Ah well, learning curve, it'll be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I should stop staring at the screen too long. neck hurt
I've been in Fort Myers since Thursday night. I'm going home tomorrow or the next day... lol, I desperately need a good taste of homemade Japanese food. I might not be Japanese or even Asian (I'm American born and raised), but I absolutely love authentic Japanese cooking. Restaurant food doesn't do it justice.
Haven't been working on any of my projects or resources lately as I'll soon be moving to a new apartment. It's been a stressful move but I'm really looking forward to it.
//Sees it's the same price at Best Buy for a new SSD as Amazon
//Sees it's 103F outside and Best Buy is half a hour of driving.
//Orders from Amazon.
I'll wait the 2-3 days. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spelunkaria