2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I hate eventing. Even more than Databasing right now!

I have the horrible feeling that I've missed something, and it's going to be a game breaking bug, and I've only evented up to Jesma town at this stage! Sigh... I am determined to get this game finished... but it just feels like it's never ending!

2. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @motta I'm looking forward to playing it! So long as it doesn't take after Mad Father story-wise :distrust: I'm still not over my hatred of that games story...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  3. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am going to be testing my game and realized that it has to be a windows version. o_o I have to do an exe as I am using DLC in my game, but if I do that it would be for MAC only. Is there anyone willing, when my game is finished testing who would be willing to create a windows .exe for me?

4. Trivi

Trivi Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, the Character Storys are finished and my Questproblems are solved :)
    Also i Choose a Name for the Game and Finished the next map.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I've also reworked the items, as well as created weapons and armor.
    (Well, if you can call it that ...)

Still so much to do but always when I look into the forum, I'm full of anticipation and motivated again :kaojoy:

5. luizcubas

luizcubas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Pt-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, its good to see everyone is working hard. :kaopride:

Just to share the skill equip/upgrade system. Still have some bugs but the most part its working apparently fine :kaohi:
    Spoiler4.png

Spoiler5.png

6. mojoaa13

mojoaa13 Villager Member

Thought I would share some screen shots of the submission I am working on. Project is currently titled GrailQuest, but I'm trying to think of a better name. Plot is fairly simple and straight forward. An evil wizard has cursed the castle and you must rescue the king and queen, now if only you could remember your name ...

Title Screen
    [​IMG]

Random Map
    [​IMG]

Tactical Battle System
    [​IMG]

Good Luck to Everyone!

7. ashyramoonwolf

ashyramoonwolf Chibo's Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My game name is Story of Dras'lia (probably will change later)

(Here are some pic from the game. )

hero.png Lamia.png 2017-10-26 (2).png

(i forget to say, i start since a week so i still have 21 day of trial! lol! I think that can be important to know)

What i want in my game: Time system (done), card game (done), skill and parameter up by point (done), regular ATB (done), respawn (done), crafting (in progress).
    Also i am working on a tileset concept, but this is a secret for now. (make me think about one point, i also manage a season change! (work in progress))

if i still can participate, i will focus on a location called "dream's inn"! But what is in this Inn is still a secret!

8. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Day 20 (I thought I lost a day there...)

I finally got back into the grind for a whole whopping hour today! :D

1.)Polish quest 5 (done?)

You guys are all doing awesome as always! And for those who are curious, the kitty was taken in by a vet! YAY!!

If I don't start getting back on track here soon, I may not make it. I won't stop trying though!!

9. bhindi1224

bhindi1224 NOT Indian Okra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd do that for you, just sent me a PM with a link of what you need done.

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and Allan Bays like this.
  10. Derk

Derk Sad Machine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Me, realizing there's a way I can change things so I have to design less individual locations and the plot still make sense: :kaojoy:

Arguably it might make the game even shorter, but I think it does work with the story and give going to the endings kind of a.............finality? I'll go with that, though I don't think that's necessarily what I mean. I can always expand upon it in the future anyway.

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and Allan Bays like this.
  11. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, 7 full maps done. Should be done 10-12 tonight if I'm fortunate. Maybe even more. The final total will be around 18. Once I'm there, I'm going to get my first scene done and quest done, then submit a thread for the Games in Development forum. I plan on working all day today, so progress will be good!

12. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Start of game done! I focused on a special event (who should be the end of game usually, but it will be alright, i will not spoil that much) It 's a little complicated as i manage that project from my game project but it is good! Also i wanted to awarn you, i am french, so i will probably make mistake in many sentences.

sorabokki and Tea's Jams like this.
  13. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (-.-') Postive news is that I created a 'exe' and sent it to my sister, who has a MAC and a windows partition ... she says it runs. Which is "OH thank GOD", which means no problems in that department. NOW, onto testing my game worry free.

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and Frogboy like this.
  14. Blair Pendragon

Blair Pendragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is something I've never done before, I remember with XP it was a pain in the butt. Is it much easier/self explanatory now? or is there anything I need a heads up on?

(I still gotta figure out how to use the website where we upload it too lol.)

15. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I talked about a tileset, here we are! (Not that much modified, but hey! in that delay, i will not create a full tileset!) You probably noticed that winter item don't have black border, this is because winterized stuff are automatise with tileset change, so they are in an other tileset!
    Outside_Bcellshad.png

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and luizcubas like this.
  16. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Things are starting to come together and I'm really excited!

17. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Meant to post yesterday, but really didn't feel like it :p
    Still battling the zero motivation, except now it's paired with crippling self-esteem. :aswt:

Progress since last post:
    * Cutscenes are evented for the second, third, fourth and fifth area.
    * Puzzle evented for the second area
    * Made a list of everything that still needs to be done and made a schedule for it.

To do tomorrow and the day after:
    * Event cutscenes at the sixth area. Shouldn't take that long, as it's more an exploration area.
    * Event cutscenes for the seventh area.
    * Start eventing cutscenes for the eight area.

18. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So I've gotten a bit more done. Here's one of the floors of the Castle, featuring a throne room, and many other things. I'm going to have it completely done tonight, if all goes well. Been working away at it slowly throughout the day. I have another floor done, and will soon have the top floors done as well.

[​IMG]

Frogboy, sorabokki, dbchest and 3 others like this.
  19. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Day 21!!! Yikes!

1.) Finished off quest 5
    2.) Started quest 6
    3.) Made some simple graphic edits

Goals for day 22, get quest 6 done!

blockley.png

20. sorabokki

sorabokki Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hi guys!!! Although I'm a bit behind schedule, I am happy to announce that.......

DUN DUN DUNNNN

THE GUI IS 100% FINISHED!!!!!!

(Minus the fact that I totally took out a feature that I couldn't design for the life of me. Scrapped like 5 different designs because bleh. T ^ T)

YASSS, Now I can FINALLY start on the character sprites and CG art!! (After I put in some coding stuff for my programmer.)

*Does the boogie dance*

GUI for the Mini-Game

[​IMG]

GUI for the Settings Screen

[​IMG]

Now you guys won't have to bare with me through all the boring GUI/writing updates. HAHAHA XD

I'm hoping to finish a lot of sprites tomorrow!

And now on to... my wall of Replies!

=====================================

@Plueschkatze - OH. MY. GOOOOOOOOOSH! YOU GET TO *RIDE????* THE TrAIN?!?! AHHH how exciting. ; v ; YES! You have my full appreciation for making this THE COOLEST CONCEPT EVER! *Throws my money at you* GIMME NAO D:<

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome - Congrats on finishing all the maps! Give yourself 2034982 pats on the back XD Can't wait to see it and explore it fully~
    DAWWW Thank you. T _ T I mean, you're attempting NaNoWriMo in like a week... I don't know what you're talking about. I've never done one successfully so YOU'RE THE AMAZING ONE!! :D
    Also, don't give up hope! Those bugs are definitely nasty, but.. once you get through them, you'll feel so accomplished, and that is the best feeling ever!

@TriceratopsX - Oh goshhh, yea that sounds confusing ;_; I'm sorry. I'm not really a progammer myself (I just know the basic for loops :smirk:) ehehe. I hope you figure things out soon!

@Derk - Awww, thank you! You're so sweet. > w < I just hope that there isn't too many typos or grammatically awkward phrasing... LOL!!

@Trivi - GAH! How PRETTY! I absolutely love how much variation you have going on in the forestry!! I can definitely tell you logged in a lot of hours getting it to look so colorful! :D
    Good luck with everything on your to-do list ^ ^
    And then I see your dungeon map-- WOW!!! I really love the feel of everything. ; w ; and the rock placements are pretty well sparsed! <3

@Allan Bays - Awesome!! Super glad to hear that you're joining! I think adding your D&D experience into a game is GOING TO BE LIKE THE BEST EVER?? I play a lot of D&D/pathfinder (had to put my weekly sessions on hold for IGMC tho > ~ < ) so I know I'll DEFINITELY be playing yours! <3

@luizcubas - YEAHHH! Those skills are looking pretty slick there! I really like the icon choice too! Very intricate and yet so simple. Great choices/designs! :D

@mojoaa13 - Okay, that aesthetic of your title screen is THE BOMB. I really love games that can utilize lighting to help paint the mood! And it was definitely done well here. ^ ^

@ashyramoonwolf - Welcome to the crew!! :D Best of luck with your game and implementing all your features! Also the sprites are absolutely lovely!! Did you make those?! Cause if so, you're super talented! Q v Q (P.S. Dras'lia is a very gorgeous name~)

@just1witness - So glad to hear about your kitty! ; w ; <3 Hope they get better fast!!
    Also WHOOOO! Working bit by bit is huge progress! >:D

@DragonVine - Holy smokes that's a lot of maps! Congrats on finishing so many!! ; v ; and wow, 18! that's a big ambitious goal! Good luck!

@ashyramoonwolf - I'm just GAPING at all those beautiful tiles!!! Even if slightly edited, I can tell there is customization in there! :D Great job! Hehe

@IAmJakeSauvage - I know I said it before, but your gui makes me so jealous. ; - ; I love the uniqueness of everything in your video!!

@slimmmeiske2 - OH NO!! I've loved seeing your progress shots! And don't worry. I've had like 10 of those days too, so don't feel bad!! I think in the end, it's all about attempting such a huge challenge like IGMC that makes the entire experience worth it! If anything, go slowly, bit by bit! ^ ^ You're a super talented and skillful developer, so don't let yourself say anything otherwise!!
    P.S. (I'm not sure if you're in the discord chat, but if you aren't..) You should join us! Everyone in here is super duper encouraging :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.