2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :LZSsad: Day 21
    1. Starting to bug test, fixing spelling errors and balancing
    2. Decided to create 'death dolls' that you equip that take death damage in your place (destroy afterward) = stuck
    3. Decided to make dropped silver coins for rare items like healing items and such.
    4. Debating about creating a section of the game that takes place from Adora's point of view
    :LZScat: Unrelated note: I love @Sharm smilies, so cute!

2. bhindi1224

bhindi1224 NOT Indian Okra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tea's Jams, Frogboy and sorabokki like this.
  3. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Didn't get a whole lot done today as I spent what little time I had working on the title, loading and game over screens as well as changing the font. I'll likely post a shot of it tomorrow, maybe with a brief synopsis of my game.

Tea's Jams, luizcubas and sorabokki like this.
  4. sorabokki

sorabokki Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @bhindi1224 - Aww, thanks so much! Makes me happy to hear that you like it. :D

@Frogboy - Those are all *very* important aspects of the game, so I think you did a lot! Grats on finishing up those screens. :D Don't discount any of the work that you did <3
    Looking forward to the screenshots. ^^

Tea's Jams and Frogboy like this.
  5. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't post yesterday because most of the day was spent trying to write patches to plugins to make them work nicely in the ways I wanted, and FAILING!

I found out that YEP Shop Core does NOT do what I thought it does. In fact, no plugin does. (Future project?) So for now the shops are pretty much standard MV style, though if I have time I will add Mr. Trivel's Unlock Shop Items so that better stuff becomes available as you play the game.

I was able to play my first two dungeon levels today! (Minus some treasure on the second level which does not have treasure tables yet.)

@bgillisp I'm sad to see you drop out, but excited that you're moving forward with your main project! I REALLY want to save that cheese factory!

Progress:
    * Finished shopkeeper dialogues and shops. (If time allows, I will tweak shops later.)
    * Rebalanced first dungeon level and created enemies for dungeon level 2-4. Dungeon Level 2 enemies have skills and troops.
    * Created skills for level 1-4 (incomplete). I chose to use a combination of limited uses and warmups/cooldowns for tech-type skills rather than TP. It gives the gameplay a more strategic feeling.
    * Made a small amount of progress on armor descriptions.
    * Wrote events to allow the user to go to any explored level at an up/down stairwell, as appropriate to the direction of travel.
    * Incorporated nine plugins to improve eventing and gameplay.
    * Fixed lots of eventing bugs and rewrote a lot of my randomizing events to push as much of the event as possible into common events. Seriously, why didn't I start out this way? Replaced ALL my randomizing events on the first dungeon level (5 maps) with the new templates. Added a couple more encounters.
    * Tweaked the intro.
    * Wrote treasure tables for dungeon level 1.
    * EDIT: Also copied the event templates and rewrote them for level 2, and got level 2 randomizing properly!

To-do:
    Finish user skills
    Finish enemy balance/skills/troops for Dungeon Levels 3-4.
    Event quests for dungeon levels 2-4.
    Event priest interactions
    Create accessories
    Fill in armor descriptions
    + my wishlist of tweaks and improvements, if time allows, including Dungeon Level 5...

It's feeling more like a reachable goal, now that I've got most of my foundation in place.

6. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @woobv
    Thanks. But I’ve never completed a nanowrimo either. Which is why this year I’m concentrating on a whole bunch of smaller stories and game scripts than one massive work. I might actually get it finished. Lol.

As always your progress looks amazing!

Now, a progress update
    1. All maps complete, bar atmosphere for the final dungeon.
    2. Enemies on 3 of 6 maps.
    3. Dialogue input up to Zaheers house. Which is the last stop before the final dungeon.
    4. Database is like so nowhere near finished!
    5. Playtesting, only the first 15 mins so I haven’t even got to the meat and potato’s of the game yet.
    6. I totally just remembered that I haven’t added music to the game yet!!!!!

So you see, while there as been some progress, there is almost too much left to do and I want to submitted by the 3/11 at the latest, just for time.

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and luizcubas like this.
  7. ashyramoonwolf

ashyramoonwolf Chibo's Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @woobv Thank you^^! I didn't really create them from nothing (even if i could), it was faster to use what was already in the RPG MV trial package and gimp all the pic! (To be honest, i started pixel art since 14 years, copying zelda sprite, then doing mine! I made all FF7 character in a zelda (game boy) style! Then i gone to the upper level with minecraft doing 3D pixel art! lol)

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and Frogboy like this.
  8. Derk

Derk Sad Machine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Fff. There's now a short optional tutorial. You can take a few moments to view it or wing it (the latter shouldn't be that hard to do, tbh).
    upload_2017-10-27_3-25-34.png
    That box/drawer will never be straight. :kaosigh:

9. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Added 2 more maps and a switch puzzle and frogmen, yep, frog enemies complete with tongues that come out.

10. ShadowHawkDragon

ShadowHawkDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have now nearly finished the intro and tutorial segment. With my battler release done and dusted next goal is to map out the two main levels, Broken Pass and Misty Woods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And lastly fear the reaper
    [​IMG]

11. Trivi

Trivi Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My last To Do List

Finish the cover image
    The character stories (finished)
    Edit some maps (this cant be finished ever! again and agin i see things that i want to change :) )
    I have some problems with the quests, but I have the night over time and would like to work on it until it works. (finished)
    Create a name for the game (done, it is "The Dragons of Elion" )
    Create the last 5 secondary quests (almost done)
    Edit and assign the items (done)
    Create the classes (assign weapons, armor, etc.) (almost done, some things dont work like i want that they do)

•After i worked the last few Nights on the Game, i have still more ideas that i want to create but the time isnt enough.
    Thats why i created some little things, like a guild where you can archieve trophies and read some more storys.
    (there are 6 Trophies at the moment and a reward system from the guild)
    [​IMG]

•I added more NPCs for the towns and the city and rework the complet city.
    [​IMG]

•I dont work on the cover image and use the normal one from RPG Maker.
    But i had my first "woho" moment, i added a empty bookshelter for the guild, where you can add the Books you found and it works without problems. ( The first time i dont need hours to fix one thing cause it dont have problems) :kaopride:

I'm looking forward to all your games. They all look really good.

12. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ack! I'm starting to get REALLY worried I'm not gonna finish in time! ;_;

However I'm still making progress (slowly but surely :mrsatan:) on the plus side I've got the story synopsis!
    Ever since the beginning of the first age of memory there have been three types of creatures, the Humans the only creatures who posses sentience, souls, and Magic, Gods power in the hands of man, Animals creatures that only follow their instincts, and Monsters cruel perversions of life who exist only to destroy, who posses a twisted and dark form of the Magic possessed by Humans...
    At least that is what Humanity honestly believed... Until the year 320 of the First Age, when a young man named Gospel hailing from a small island near the Calamity Storm, a never-ending storm that surrounds the edge of the planet, claimed that Monsters possessed sentience as well as Humans, and were able to think, feel, and even learn Human language, his claims created a great unrest so the five greatest Kings of the time confronted him and offered him tremendous wealth if he'd stop telling people and move somewhere far away... He refused them, so the Kings sent an army to kill him, but the Monsters and some of the Humans who believed him rose up to try and protect him and a war broke out, during all the fighting a great hero rose up from among the Humans and killed Gospel in what became one of the last battles of the war... Now in the wake of the war a young man who lost everything he cared about finds himself blackmailed by someone who knows of his past.
    I realize most of it is more just world-building and backstory, but... The games story is rather short (duh :p) so setting up for it is better in my mind.

sorabokki, Frogboy and Tea's Jams like this.
  13. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ok... I've hit a snag.
    My story needs for a solo adventure which results in some new information. The only thing is that timewise I simply do not have the time to make the solo adventure map (which I'd forgotten about), and the game would be too long if I added it in... So what do Ido now? I really like the scenes the solo adventure brings later on (when the party reunites), so what do I do!!!!!!??????

Do I a) continue the game as I wrote it and hope that it won't be too long, but at least it will be properly complete?
    or b) do a cop out of the solo adventure, do a quick "Hey, I totally remember hearing something in my travels that I never brought up before because I totally forgot until right this conviently plotted moment!" and continue on.

On the rogress side of things, I haven't got anything else done today. real life issues suck! Ii'm hoping I might get some more done tomorrow!

sorabokki and Tea's Jams like this.
  14. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Paladin-Cleric of Awesome You could try narrating it as a faded away memory with some cool background and music, visual novel style!

Frogboy, Tea's Jams and Llareian like this.
  15. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    No, the scene itself involves another character the player meets on the solo adventure, and I'm really not sure how to even change the scene without it becoming really silly. It's one of those scenes that you don't really think is important, but the whole end of the game and why the characters go to where they do hinges on it.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  16. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :/

Tea's Jams likes this.
  17. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I hate it when this happens. Ii'll have to sleep on it and see what I can do tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed, because adding this bit on will take at least a day of work, and I still have so much to do!

Tea's Jams likes this.
  18. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I am running into similar issue. I'm clocked in at 45 minutes or so and have to rewrite the finale to fit it in. It's going to feel a bit rushed and jammed together but I am hoping to keep the pacing extremely fast for the ending so everything fits in at an hour :/ and it won't seem too weird.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  19. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm gonna have to change my story too :( only a little bit though, so I can't be TOO upset about it. (I had planned four parts to the story but in order to make it in time I think I'm gonna have to shrink it to three) Hopefully I'll be able to finish the last part of the story within the next two days so I can have the rest of the week for playtesting and bug-fixing, on the plus side I REALLY believe that this has been a huge help to me (even before getting feedback from all of you wonderful people about my game :p)

So, I'm planning on creating a development page for my main game a little while after the IGMC ends (which SHOULD force my hand to hurry up and finish it :hwink:) to show you guys what I've been cooking up.

EDIT: I've come up with a fun little idea for my entry actually, I was always thinking that if I had time I'd have 2 endings for the game (probably a good and a bad) BUT instead I think I'm going to have a good ending (achieved by playing through the story normally) and a joke ending (achieved by... Wait, I wouldn't want to spoil it would I? :p) I'm still going to finish the ACTUAL ending before making the joke one... Hopefully they'll both be done in time for the contest, and if they are I'd like to know what you think of the joke ending! (If you find it that is)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  20. DjowG

DjowG Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    this week I have finished the story, but I will need to write the dialogues, translate for English and do the events, I will have a lot of work to do. :dizzy: But on the one hand I'm very happy, I finished the maps, Enemies and title screen, and I'm well satisfied with them :D
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.