Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I guess my motivation has fizzled out early this evening. Not that I'm quitting, I just can't seem to get myself to do any more tonight. (Although writing this seemed to help - I put on a small burst of extra steam there at the end.)

Fixed a bunch of bugs and balance problems, including successfully patching some more plugins.
Wrote skills and troops for Dungeon Level 3 enemies.
Wrote Dungeon Level 2's quest.
Finished skills through character level 4.
Rewrote treasure tables for Dungeon Level 1 so they're easier to read and manipulate for the future levels.
Finished up the accessories and added descriptions to some of the armors.

Finish user skills
Make enemy balance/skills/troops for Dungeon Level 4.
Event quests for dungeon levels 3-4.
Adjust the event templates to fit Dungeon Level 3-4 and add the events to the maps.
Event priest interactions
Finish armor descriptions
Write treasure tables for Dungeon Levels 2-4
Alpha test and bug fix.
+ my wishlist of tweaks and improvements, if time allows, including Dungeon Level 5...

I SHOULD be able to get these done over the next two days (at least up to alpha testing), putting me on track to have beta testing on the 1st.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 22

1.)Did NOT finish quest 6
Buttttt, a friend came by unexpectedly and played through my game, he was delighted with it and laughed frequently (even though all my kids were hell bent on distracting him...) I hope I can get more than laughter in the end, since the main purpose of the game is to portray a much deeper emotional issue, but laughter is absolutely needed to do that soooo, so far so good! Plus he found all kinds of juicy bugs, so today was very productive in terms of testing! :)

Congrats @Dreadshadow for finishing!!!!!!!! I will be cutting it down to the wire. (I had a dream...nightmare last night that I finished, but only had one minute to submit it on itch.io!)

Goals for day 23 spend the first half of the day working on only this.

And as always, every ones work is looking sooooo awesome, and I know I won't be wanting for games to play for awhile! :D

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow Congratulations on finishing! I am totally spazzing out cause so much left to do! Can't let the team down. Everyone's put in so much effort already. Ahhhhh!!!! Ok I gotta keep calm.

@Llareian Definitely know what you mean. Don't worry, the drive will come back. Get some sleep.

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I think if it is a pivotal part of your story you should put it in. Maybe cut down the length?

Alright, I totally should not be spending more time here. Back to work!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for your comments guys. I had a think and instead of having my character go on a solo adventure I’ll have them meet the other person at the local inn. And when then go back when the contest is over and do the solo adventure I had planned.

Hhave a visual of my progress

Last edited:

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@DjowG Love the look of those enemies. Very nicely done. I'm looking forward to see those in action! ;)

We've done a lot of progress over the last couple of days!
Almost all maps are done by now. (2-3 smaller ones left to be done!)
We also started eventing and the work on the titlescreen.

@Gabrelik did an amazing machinery piece for one of our maps.

While I had some fun expanding my tileset and building maps from it.

*Steam animation is done by the amazing David Browne~ whom I commissioned for that :)

Can't wait to get all the amazing sprites @hiddenone did onto the maps... And @futrchamp 's amazing OST :)

I hope I'll have some time left near the end to add some shadows to the maps... but that's low priority right now.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Reminder that the IGMC ends soon, and this thread will be locked once that occurs. If you wish to continue working on your game* and posting your progress, please do so on the November Goals and Progress thread.

*Obviously you can't enter the updated game after the IGMC ends.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made my story to long and lost some pacing that I wanted to keep by having story and exposition. I have to do a major rewrite here at the deadline.:kaodes:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I literally have just found like 16 errors in the first couple of minites of the game! You know where events are showing that shouldn’t because you forgot to specify they can’t until a certain control switch! Man I hate that.

And then I got such a fright coming on to see that the contest is nearly over, I knew it was coming, but 8 days have never seemed so short before. Lol.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Every castle needs a kitchen.

WARNING: Castle Builders Inc are not responsible for any monsters found in the Castle Basement. Entry into the basement beyond designated kitchen may result in unintended injury, wounds, death, and the occasional sneeze due to mold. Castle Builder Inc cannot be held accountable for any loss of life, loss of geographical location, misplacement of essential items like armor or potions, and the occasional monster jumping out from behind objects. Leaving the kitchen means you gave agreed to these terms, and they cannot be null or voided. Thank you, and enjoy your Castle Kitchen Deluxe 3000!

Always read the fine print when installing your kitchen.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@DragonVine: That looks more like a maze than a kitchen. It wouldn't be out of place if it were a cave, but man, who would design walls like that?

On Topic:
Well, $#§%, real life hit and I haven't made much progress in the last week.
The start & 4 mini dungeons are done, the ending is done as well and all character sprites are finished, but the middle part is still missing.
Not sure if I'll get it done in time... if not I'll just leisurely finish it in November, not like I'd had any hopes to score, just thought this would be a good opportunity to get a game done and released for once instead of working for years without so much as a demo.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rewrite is going well, disappointed that I don't get to use a few maps or fleshed out story. Off to work for the next 10 hours, and then hopefully more work on the game.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hadecynn

It runs wonderfully and looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

EDIT: I can't get the music box to work. @hadecynn

EDIT EDIT: NVM, I was confused, you told the chicken about the music box, but couldn't use it until you made another Monstron, it's obvious now, lol.

Last edited:

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's moments like this were I REALLY hate having to go to work, so much left to do so little time! :dizzy:

On the plus side event-wise I'm almost done (pretty much just 2 long-ish ones and then it's just the battles) I still have to make all the stats to 15 enemies and 1 ally and then I'm done... Except for testing... And last minute bug fixing... Man I wish I started on Oct 4th! :guffaw:

SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been enjoying reading everyone's progress so far, while pulling out my hair attempting to make my own :).
A lot of time has gone into just getting everything working, so hopefully the rest of development goes
smoother so I can work on expanding the gameplay/fun and balancing the mechanics/tactics.
The goal in 'Colossal Conquest' is to take on a boss monster, their minions and mechanics through an evolving challenge alongside character growth within the fight.
I'd like to have more than just one boss, but haha I don't think there's time for that when I'm worried about finishing the minions.
Hopefully the WIP mechanics on display piques your interest :).

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow everbody's entries look so cool. I have been working on basic game using the resources available in MV. Banking on the story pulling gamers in as I did not have time to draw up graphics. Plenty of good dialogue between the characters though. This is my first time doing something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bymac