slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@woobv Thanks for the words of encouragment, as always. And congrats on the progress. It's coming along great :D No, I'm not on Discord. Not a big fan of chatrooms. :aswt:
@Plueschkatze Everytime you post, your game looks more and more beautiful and amazing. Can't wait to try it out.

I literally did no work at all on Friday or most of Saturday (hello Stranger Things 2 and Thor Ragnarok), but somehow I managed to hit my goals and more.
Progress:
* Evented cutscenes for the sixth, seventh, eight and nineth areas.
* Started eventing cutscenes for the tenth.

Still to do tomorrow:
* Finish cutscene eventing for tenth area.
* Start cutscene eventing eleventh and twelveth area.
* Event the ending scene and credits.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hadecynn

It runs wonderfully and looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

EDIT: I can't get the music box to work. @hadecynn

EDIT EDIT: NVM, I was confused, you told the chicken about the music box, but couldn't use it until you made another Monstron, it's obvious now, lol.
Thanks!

Quick question, is the star mark (for HQ Monstons) and musical note marks (for the BGM) in the text showing up correctly?

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hollow 1977 RTP for the win! :p Yeah I'm in the same boat, I'm working by myself and I can't draw, script, make music, or really DO anything except make the story as good as I can in the time I'm given.

Also PROGRESS!! I named ALL the enemies while I was on lunch :cutesmile: now all that's left is remove the spell that I realized shouldn't be in there (and doesn't work properly) and I'll be done (hopefully) with the database

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Phew!!! I am up.
Good luck everyone!!!!
https://dreadshadow.itch.io/corina
(hoping for feedback)

@Llareian never give up. Imagine your game ready and finished. Get that pride feeling ang complete your game already! :D
On the very first battle with a slime, this appears:
I don't seem to have that directory, perhaps you checked to exclude unused files.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@TriceratopsX Older games like the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest relied on their story to move things forward. I think this can work for us too. Graphics are cool but a full fleshed group of characters and story really make an rpg shine. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today was HUGELY productive!

I finished user skills, trap events, dungeon level 4 enemies/enemy skills/troops, user skills, priest interactions including 2 quest dialogs, dungeon level 3 & 4 quest events, making dungeon levels 3 & 4 playable, finishing my armor descriptions, and doing my first nearly complete alpha run-through! *whew*

On my first run-through I got stopped halfway through by a bug, but identified 11 bugs/issues. I fixed those, and on my second go-around I actually made it through the whole dungeon but identified 17 more problems! A much more productive day than I had hoped, overall.

Major things yet to do:
Fix the 17 problems above
Treasure (chest) tables for dungeon levels 2-4
Final boss enemy/skills/troop
Event finale
Add more shop purchasing options! (I wound up not getting enough leveled-up gear and having very little to spend my gold on. This seems like a good fix to both.)

Stretch goal: add a lighting plug-in

@Hollow 1977 I'm using mostly RTP assets as well, and this will also be my first finished project. The fact that we're participating in a game jam for the first time is awesome! Just get the project done, and the pride we'll feel at having completed something in a MONTH and having others play it will be well worth it!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 23

Starting tomorrow, I will switch to a countdown, instead of how many days done, how many days left!

I worked for a solid 6 hours today, which is the most time I could put into it for awhile now.

1.) Quest 6 DONE!!! YAY!!!!!!
2.) Worked out a lot of bugs and kinks and found (and fixed) a plugin conflict (scary!!!!)
3.) fixed some walking and face set images that were inconsistent.

I have one short and one long quest to go before I event the final scenes. This is getting to be quite the nail biter!!!!! I am very satisfied with what I have so far, I really hope I can finish and enter. :)

SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@SwiftIllusion Looks cool! I just find the pacing itself really slow.
Thank you :)!
Yeah, as the experience *is* the battle, the pacing is meant to feel more 'thinky'.
Though you can still user normal RPG maker keys like 'z' to confirm actions, etc,
I tried to act slower in the video to present more information.
Certainly after gaining experience with the boss you'll be able to think faster on your feet,
however I hope to craft each decision as important so rushing won't benefit you.
There's no 'next enemy' or event/story to move to so I hope to keep you engaged throughout.
Of course that pacing/game isn't for everyone so I appreciate your interest regardless.

iVale

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well guys, good hustle. It's been a long month and everyone's been making great progress on their games! Unfortunately I'm not gonna make the ol'deadline. Not from a lack of trying. But I've learned a lot in this passed month, mostly just working through being absolutely exhausted. I swear if I see another pixel I'm gonna lose it. I'm still gonna finish this thing so keep an eye out down the road a bit.

And with that, I part with a few last screenshots. Good luck everyone! I'll be sure to play all your entries.

picture.jpg redstand.jpg beersbro.jpg

Unqou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My project was dropped. So I will not submit any game. I had too much things to do that does not leave me enough time to even start the project. I am currently on a "organizing resource step" only, so the time left is too short to even try to develop a decent game. I am a bit disappointed, becouse I had an idea of what this quick game could be... well I will save in my memory this idea and I will use it in a future (if another contest of this kind will be done in a future).
Good luck to all partecipants.

sorabokki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi everybody!!

I've finally gotten to the point where I can start working on...

Character Sprites!!

Here's a preview of one:

P.S. Instagram filters are amazing LOL. I'll have to learn how to imitate this on my own software :')

==========================================

REPLIES:
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome - Oooh! That’s so exciting! Good luck with nanowrimo this year. ^ ^ And awww, shucks. You’re too nice ; - ; thanks <3
Although there is a bit left to do, I think you’ve made wonderful progress!
Sorry to hear about your real life issues btw >_< Hope it gets squared away and that you’re okay!
At this point, it may be best to do option #b because of time. I had to do something really similar (cut down on scope like 8 times during the duration of the jam. And am still cutting down to make it through the deadline!)

@ashyramoonwolf - Whoa! That’s amazing! * 0 * I can’t believe you were so proactive in pixel art since 14?!?! O__O I wish I was that diligent at that age!! Don’t even know where to get started with 3D >_>;;

@Derk - WHOOOOO! I LOVEEE the aesthetics for the tutorial ; w ; So cute! <3 You should make a game with just that art style. I would love to play itttt T v T

@ShadowHawkDragon - WOW! HOLY CRAPS, I ALMOST POOPED MY PANTS, NO JOKE. The graphics are seriously TOP-NOTCH A+++ QUALITY! WOW! I really love the color scheme and the simple, yet beautiful graphics you’re going for in here <3 The UI is simple and sleek too. WHAA everything about this is just PERFECT!! > ~ < <3 (Plus smooth animation!? Literally nothing can be improved on!!)

@Trivi - OOO! Look at all those details in those maps O _ O they’re so amazing and super super focused on adding so much depth! Loving it! :3

@TriceratopsX - Don’t fret just yet!! We still have a week left! (And if it means anything, there’s also daylight savings on Sunday! :) )Good luck! I believe in you ^ ^
Plus, can’t wait for the dual (good / joke) ending hehe. Will try to get both!
And right?! Hahaha, that extra week would definitely have been helpful XD

@DjowG - Waaahhh! How wonderful! Your understanding of anatomy and just overall proportions are so amazing . ; - ; oh my gosh. And the diversity of all the things you’ve created is awesome!

@Llareian - You’ve got this! >:D Motivation might be sizzling, but there’s only a few days left! Don’t overwork, but don’t undersell all the work you’ve already done so far. ^ ^

@Dreadshadow - Congrats on finishing!! So excited! I’ll have to check it out as soon as I have time :)

@just1witness - YAHOOO! It’s always the best feeling when someone plays your game and leaves with high emotions <3 So glad to hear it. I, too, am looking forward to playing yours > w <
ALSO YASSS, a countdown sounds fun! :D

@Plueschkatze - GUHHH! THE LEVEL OF DETAIL HERE IS SO THOROUGHHH! And WOW the diagonal perspective in the 2nd screenshot is beauuuuutiful!! <3 ; v ; I can’t wait to PLAY THIS I NEED IT ASAP! Q 3 Q

@DragonVine - LMAO That fine print is awesome. :’)

@Lihinel - Sorry to hear about stuff happening in your life. > ~ < Don’t be pressured to finish, life is more important! :D Regardless, hope you do get it done, I’d love to play it!
Also glad to hear that yesterday was really productive for you! :D YEYEYE, GOGO!

@hadecynn - AHHH it looks so good! Can’t wait to try it out when I get the chance <3

@SwiftIllusion - OH MY GOSH! YOUR GAME!!!! Is like the PERFECT BALANCE of Cute and SUPER COOL! And the animations/UI is SO impressive holy crap O___O wow!! So much polish here!

@slimmmeiske2 - Thank youuuu T w T And oh no, totally understand!! And wow, hitting your goals is great! Congrats :D Not much left to do?! YOU’RE ALMOST DONE?!?!

@iVale - Awww, sad to hear you’ll be dropping out, but your sanity and health is much more important! There is always next time too. The screenshots look absolutely wonderful. T v T <3 If/when you finish it in your free time, I’d love to play :D

@Unqou - Sorry to hear you’re dropping! This game jam was definitely tough, but glad that you attempted to try it out! :D Thanks for the cheers to rest of the contestants ^ ^

Good luck everyone! WE'RE ALMOST AT THE END OF THIS MARATHON YEAHHHH!!!

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's funny that I don't feel tired after working on an rpg 12 hours straight, like literally my butt glued to the seat except for the occasional bathroom and nutrition breaks. I felt quite energetic actually. That is, till I hit the bed and slept like a dead log till the next morning.

And I get to do this again multiple more times before the deadline. wheee....

Wow everyone's stuff looks amazing!

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We're about a week away! I thought I'd throw together some odds and ends before I put the finishing touches on what I'm releasing. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have time to finish the entire game (it's split into two chapters essentially) - but I'll definitely have the first part done so I'm friggin' stoked!

Loading.png

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Interesting detail. I went to the official contest page, and there were only 11 entries as of right now. The 2014 IGMC has over 200 by this time. So your odds of winning are probably going to be better than 2014 if this keeps up.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
More motivation to finish @bgillisp!

My ambitious goal: Finish my maps today.I really only have 2 large ones left, and a bunch of smaller ones, but I think this is doable.

Then, get the first few quests done in the next day. I want to have my intro done and the first quest done by Monday night.

Kanatakkun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
I just came here today, I even joined the game jam very late... O.O Seeing other's work really motivates me to improves my project's graphics, but since I'm a lazy person, guess I'll stick with simple graphics, hehee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap