2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @ashyramoonwolf Wow! You have double the pressure; being on trial of one month for learning RPGMaker and... Making a game for the contest in that same amount of time! You are a great adventurer! *bows at your courage.*

sorabokki, Frogboy and Tea's Jams like this.
  2. Trivi

Trivi Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After countless nights and things I've fixed, I've provided a game version today. Now I will test the game again thoroughly and if everything goes well, upload. :)

I am now very confused, where I have seen the folder of the created game. I searched the forum and google without success. Maybe someone can explain to me here? In the normal folder, where I have the file for editing the game, the 05.10. as the creation date and the 30.10. (today) as change date. In the folder of the game version, the 30.10. as date of creation (understandable) but 02.10 as date of modification. Can anyone explain to me?

3. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Paladin-Cleric of Awesome every bug you find is one that doesn't make it into the game. ;) It would be far more worrisome to me if I found very few bugs...because you just KNOW they're in there...

Today my progress was small, but significant because it involved the part I've been avoiding...making the randomized treasure chest tables. I also added more stuff to the shops (I'm pretty sure I went WAY overboard with the amount of accessories, but it's pretty late to overhaul it at this point) and fixed all my bugs that I discovered yesterday. I also went through the project and deleted a bunch of bloat...plugins, music, bgs, and pictures that were not being used. I also consolidated a couple tileset pages where it was trivial to do so, and deleted a bunch of unused content from some other tilesets. I'm down to 266 MB now without nitpicking my animations, music and se down to just exactly what I'm using...I have no idea if this is a reasonable RMMV pre-deployed project size, but I'm proud of myself because where it started was....huge. Staggeringly huge.

We should get rid of the mp3 files unless we're deploying to Web/Android/iOS, right?

I still have to add in the final boss's enemy/skills/troop, a few more lines of dialog, and a finale scene before I can deploy.

4. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    WoooWeeeee! Getting down to the wire folks!!!

7 DAYS LEFT!

Today was awesome, I got soooo much done!!

1.) 2 1/2 quests!!!!!
    2.) A surprising amount of custom graphic edits (I'm no artist)
    3.) Some really awesome animated cut scenes.
    4.) And now I know that my game will make at least two of my kids cry... (GOOD!)
    5.) More unique music picked out (still need a lot on this)
    6.) some, odds and ends, bug fixes

Goals for tomorrow, FINISH THE ALPHA VERSION!! I need all the time I can get for testing and fine tuning. The end is in sight, yippy!

Keep up the great work everyone!

sorabokki, Zelgadis85, Nicola and 8 others like this.
  5. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really want to post some things about my game but with so little time left, I just want to get it done and submitted before I spend any time doing that. I'm getting close to finished. I have a few odds and ends to get done like a little bit of dialog and the final cut scene (which will be very short because long one happens right before the final battle and I got that done today). I still haven't ran through my game from start to finish or anything even close to that so I'm going to need time for that and most of my maps still aren't decorated so I feel like I'm really cutting it close. Wish I could take next week off from work. I see some late nights in my near future.

sorabokki, Zelgadis85 and Tea's Jams like this.
  6. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Continually play testing and find bugs :kaosalute:
    Atmosph.JPG

7. DarthVollis

DarthVollis Moogle Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sadly, I am out. Too much work and school! Oh well there is always next year.

Tea's Jams and TriceratopsX like this.
  8. Gigglemoo

Gigglemoo Member Title Veteran

I just started yesterday. Got my entire project planned out in Articy Draft other than the ending puzzle & unimportant maps. :)

It's been fun using RMXP again after not touching it in 5 years. Really impressed by everyone's progress in this thread, especially the custom art. Keep up the good work!

sorabokki and Tea's Jams like this.
  9. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ok. Awake at last. Had a good 45 min sleep in this morning which was heavenly! And now I'm going to go drive myself crazy bugtesting again!

10. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    CLOSE CALL!!!! I forgot to backup last night and Gimp froze my pc with rpg maker open!!!! :o

Thankfully it didn't corrupt the files as far as I can tell. I just lost this mornings progress...

Thanks GIMP... :p

Zelgadis85 and Marquise* like this.
  11. jmike

jmike Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Got my first plugin-related error today. Something with theunpropro's Parallax Pro plugin crashes the game when I attempt to save. Tried to figure it out for a while since I know how to read javascript but I couldn't so I just took a nap. Then when I tried to recreate the issue so I could take a screenshot and post in the javascript help board, saving the game proceeded without error. At first I thought, ah, it's solved. But then I realised I didn't do anything and there's a chance the error could reappear any time. And if it appears for a judge, well, I'm dead. Hopefully I find it again.

Or if anyone's ever used theunpropro's parallax pro plugin and knows about this save issue, please help me out :((

Tea's Jams likes this.
  12. ashyramoonwolf

ashyramoonwolf Chibo's Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    RED CODE, RED CODE!!! I need good souls to try my project (even if it's not finished) Thanks in advance (yeah i don't have many friends.... is it the moment where i'm crying? lol)

BTW i need to know, if psychological horror (mean no blood or just a little touch (but not even really easy to see), but death is a central theme) is ok???? if no i'm in big trouble! lol

I still have time to change a little but.... anyway... (2nd reason why i need good souls to help me to be sure!!)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  13. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So during testing this morn I found out 2 skills have problems (Checkmate, and one of the attack spells) I'm more concerned with Checkmate as that's, well, more important (with the attack spell I can just change it) I THINK I either copied the code wrong OR it just doesn't want to work with the Troop test in the database and will work fine in game... But I doubt it

But I think I should be 1 all-nighter away from being just about finished (Hooray!) It's gonna be close, but I ain't giving up until the deadline! :rock-left::mrsatan::rock-right:

Tea's Jams and Frogboy like this.
  14. Hollow 1977

Hollow 1977 Rpg MV Game Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Working on variables and testing them to see if the main flow of the game works. Then onto setting up monster attacks and balancing.

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and Frogboy like this.
  15. Trivi

Trivi Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After testing and testing, ive finished my game and the upload is done.
    I wish you all a lot of motivation and endurance for the rest of the days, I'm curious what it all comes out
    :kaopride:

16. Marcial

Marcial Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I started a little late, but now that i finish drawing the tileset and sprites I'm going super fast. My game is called "the gnome seeker", its all about tracking other gnomes, a hide and seek game. Gnomes just make everything better and everyone happy jaja.

[​IMG]

17. Enigma_Productions

Enigma_Productions Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Seeing some of the submissions is making me excited and a bit upset since I wasn't able to learn enough about the engine before the contest started lol.
    I only really began working on Rpg Maker VX Ace for about 1 week over the span of a month. Heck I just started on September and then the contest started :kaoblush:. Not to mention real life really keeps us all occupied. So much so that I can only enter the contest alone (darn-it lol) :kaocry:.

I'm not really entering this contest for the money, though I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy to win. Anything I get from this contest would immediately get placed in to making my actual game later in the future.

The contest to me is a way of evaluating what I learned so far and what I can keep improving on. Whether it be the story, mapping, music, ambiance, etc.:kaopride:

Seeing as how we're near the end of the submission date.
    I wonder.
    What is this contest to you all?

- Enigma

18. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Motivation to make a complete game. I'm working on a big project that will take years, so it's a nice diversion.

19. ashyramoonwolf

ashyramoonwolf Chibo's Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i already told myself 13 days ago "let's make a big demo of a full rpg in one month!" Mainly because I'm not rich enough to buy the license, so i hope it will help me to have it!
    So it's a personnal challenge and a chance to do what i want to do since 15 years... lol

20. Trivi

Trivi Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For me, to learn more about the RPG Maker. I wrote it a bit before, this is the first time, that i work on a "real" Game Project and i bought the MV Maker end of sept. I only play a bit arround and testing it (because i love rpgs and the look of this). Then comes the contest and i i see the chance to learn more, to finish a game and make ppl play it (eventually like it)
    To see all this good Images and the Progress Motivate me much more.

@ashyramoonwolf at the moment there is a nice steam sale, just for info ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.