First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[QUOTE="

What is this contest to you all?

- Enigma
[/QUOTE]

Initially making a short game for another forum contest, then i saw this so may just enter with the game as well.
Mostly i just want to test out how mehca animation looks in MV.

dONAAoQ.gif

Looks ok for just 3 frames, may try out some plugins that increase frames number.
dONAAoQ.gifv

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

- Enigma

Really, it has been great motivation to get started on a story that I've been trying to tell for awhile (though this is really just a small short story set in that world, it helps me get to know the characters and part of the setting before I go into the larger story. I have two other short ones to tell.)

Secondly, a chance to test my skills and improve upon them and actually get something out there. Which will serve two purposes - getting my name out there in the community a bit so that I can point to something that I finished, and secondly, allowing some constructive criticism into my design so that I can become a better storyteller and developer.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Just a really good motivation to make a playable game. It's already astonishing to me how much I've realized I didn't know! Today I've been programming the final boss and finale, and it made me ask..."Uh...how do I make boss music come on instead of regular battle music? How do I make the boss defeat look cool? How do I do a finale scene, anyway?" And I've been learning the answers to those questions along with many others along the way! I'm going to be so happy if I can finish a game, even if it is super rough around the edges and a little cookie-cutter, it's still something I made and I can be proud of that!

I did get the boss incorporated but I was not able to finish the boss defeat/finale scene today, which means I probably won't have time to incorporate a lighting plugin, since I'm supposed to have my game finished on Wednesday for playtesting, and tomorrow is going to be a very busy day of other obligations. I might get a little work done tomorrow, and then Wednesday during the day will be boss balance and whatever I can do of my own alpha before deploying for beta.

Good luck again everyone, and remember, backup your project!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
6 DAYS LEFT!!!!

1.) Almost done with the Alpha version, SOOOOOOOOO close! I'm eventing the final cut scene with place holders right now since I need more grapics... (Gimp better behave, haha!) I'm about 1 minute from the end in game play, it's so exciting!
2.) I'm not even going to list what I got done, a little of everything and a lot in whole.

Goals for tomorrow, finish and polish final cut scene, get a start on fine tuning and play testing.

Keep plugging away folks, this is the final push! I can't wait to see how everyone did! :D

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, so yesterday was supposed to be a day of bug fixing. Instead my game somehow got corrupted. Right down to the map info data. So I literally lost everything. I tried everything to save it, but none of the usual tricks worked.

Thankfully I had been near obsessively taking map shots, and a lot of my interior maps were parallax. So I don’t have to redo them at all.

So after making everything passable and trying to get the atmosphere set up right again I can finally move onto the database and eventing.

The plus side is that now my database looks better. And my enemy balancing is a little easier because I remember what I did last time.

However I am back to 0% of dialogue eventing. This is going to be a long last week! Thank goodness this didn’t happen on the last day!

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes! My game is now finished and available for beta testing. I must say, creating a game from scratch in eleven days has been a fun experience (I started on October 20). For those interested, the game can be found here.

Hopefully I'm not breaking the topic rules by advertising my project here, but I'm so happy I made it in time. Please forgive me. :kaojoy:

I sincerely wish all of you the best of luck in the competition!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That moment when you send a demo to friends for play testing only to have it break early in and become near unplayable. All because I wanted 1 extra tile on the left but forgot to update the pathing for the enemies... Never mind having to fix a faulty plugin (parameters were linked up wrong) with my limited coding knowledge.

Misty Woods are complete (until bugs are found, why did I have to pick a forest...), now onto the Broken Pass.
uc

That merchant hiding at the bottom is such an immersion troll. Then again his whole existence is and he knows it.

@woobv I hope your pants are still alright ;) I'm glad to hear my 'simple but effective' approach to visuals are working out.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Oh, man! That is unfortunate. I'm glad you're looking on the bright side, though -- sometimes I think it would be awesome to chuck the whole database out and start over! It doesn't seem to matter how much planning I do, it always winds up jumbled at the end.
You can do this! You're right, it will be easier the second time through because you already know what to do.

@Zelgadis85 Good job finishing! (And great name btw.)

@ShadowHawkDragon At least you found out ahead of the deadline? I wish you successful bug fixing. Your game looks awesome!

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you guys can help me figure out if my game isn't an 18+ that would be great!

https://ashyramoonwolf.itch.io/story-of-draslia-v02

By the way, any opinion (explaining why if there is trouble) about the game is welcome!
Even if that version is closed to what i do for the contest, i will need more advice to release my game later as i make the contest with file of my full game.. (not sure if it is an accurate english.... sorry if it isn't)
Good luck to ya all for the last days! ^^

watermark

Playing around with MZ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy Halloween everyone!
Whether you celebrate it or not, it's always a fun holiday.

I'll be spending mine working on IGMC. :kaojoy:
(Ok, I'm just too lazy to get a costume and everything.)

But I do encourage those of you who can to go out, treat or treat, or party! We should of course treat this contest seriously, but don't let it be a burden. The contest should always be fun. You can always make up the day later. (unless you're realllllyyyy behind...then....ok you make the call.)

@ashyramoonwolf Don't have time to look at it. I'm sure as long as you don't have explicit naked people jumping around or ultra violence in there you should be fine.

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I don't work for Dropbox but I can't recommend it enough. Just get a free account. It's saved my butt countless times. I've been using it ever since my terrible hard drive disaster years ago.

@ShadowHawkDragon It's better you found out before the deadline. :kaophew:

@kankanbow Oh you made the Human Extinct one? Played a little of it. Nice graphics! I must say your game's got big...assets.

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@watermark I don't use naked people or violence, I have doubt because in the story, there is a few walking dead (or zombie) and even if there is no screamer, i made a "dark" atmosphere! (where death is more or less the ccenter of story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dracodfs