Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
plueschkatze-s-art-dearedwin3.jpg

Our titlescreen art is dooone~
Sadly I don't have much time to check on everyones progress,
but I'm looking forward to playing some of the games once the contest if over and to leave some feedback! =3

We're still eventing. Urgh! XD

DjowG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
everybody in the frenzy of game jam! I lost a lot of hair these days. I did a lot, but I'm out of time for anything, there's still a lot left... and my english is a shame haha

R0Xo8cS.jpg

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
everybody in the frenzy of game jam! I lost a lot of hair these days. I did a lot, but I'm out of time for anything, there's still a lot left... and my english is a shame haha

R0Xo8cS.jpg
Is that a mouth above his left cheek?

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I spent most of today editing sprites only to decide it was a complete waste of time hahaha. I'm just going to go with all the default sprite sizes for my characters, which will have to do for now. If that works out all right, I'll keep them that way. If not, I'll edit them later. I can deal with the sprites looking slightly off if it means I can get the game done on time to enter it into the contest.

EDIT: This was much easier. I'm making so much progress with the sprites now. At the very least, I'll have a few scenes done tonight, and be ready to upload a demo. Just need to make a few graphics for a credits scene in the opening.

Last edited:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
3 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done with my game, but can't bring myself to submit it yet! I need 600 play tests, 5,492 more bug test runs and a polish like on fine copper! (Not a chance I'll get all or any of those things but I still have time to try!!)

My teens play tested it today and both of them shed tears. I'm very encouraged by this since I realllly didn't expect them to do that, lol. (You know teens and being tough, haha) Plus they've seen me write every stage, plus plus I was sitting behind them taking notes the whole time. I'm really curious to see what my objective play testers will have to say.

Well, it's almost over, and I for one will be glad when it is. :p

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Decided to download my own game and rush through it just to make sure and was missing a frame in the final boss fight that caused a game breaking bug.
V1.02 is now uploaded for anyone who already downloaded it or I guess just anyone.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I hope I got my game-breaking bug fixed. I only had a small amount of time to test it out but I'm hopefully optimistic. Had to largely move on to decorating my maps. About 60% done there and should finish up with that tomorrow. Knocked out my other huge bug as well. Almost done, but almost out of time too. I'm cutting this way too close. I was hoping to be submitting my game by now.

Last edited:

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, since all three of my beta testers have failed to actually play the game, I will place my link here for anyone who has the time and interest.
https://llareian.itch.io/the-dungeon-of-darkwood

Debating just submitting already...I'm moving on to other creative projects and I'd like to have it done with...but it would also be nice to know that I don't have any major errors that stop game progress! I've made it through, but that might just mean I'm only doing what I expected the player to do...

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Llareian, I decided to give your game a go. It ran quite well, but I noticed a few problems...

I managed to clear the third floor of the dungeon, but seeing no way down further, I decided to ascend to Floor 1... which placed me at coordinates 0,0 and walking inside the outer wall perimeter of the map! :rswt

I also noticed that the blacksmith menu (the first one where you choose between gear and weapons/shields) has no default option, although the other ones do. This meant pressing Enter produced an error sound. Maybe set the first option as default?

Other than that, it felt ready for submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgeal365