2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustZero

DustZero Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Finally finished our title menu:
    [​IMG]

2. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DustZero Your games looks amazing! I can't wait to play it! :thumbsup-left::D

I've finished everything, (I think) I've played through it all the way once and nothing went terribly wrong, I've already fixed all the problems I've had, I just finished throwing together a titlescreen that I don't totally hate and all that's really left is to upload it and see what everyone thinks...

EDIT: Well it's submitted there's no going back now, heh it's funny after having a month to prepare (give or take :p) you'd THINK I'd be a bit more, well, prepared for this... Man I'm nervous, well guess this might be my last post in here, I don't suppose there will be any more progress made for this project... I don't think there's anything more for me to say except, good luck to everyone taking part in this! It's been a long tough month but it's just about over now and we've all come so far, I know I for one will be playing some of you guy's games and I hope some of you will play mine, it's been a lot of fun coming on here everyday-ish and seeing everyone's progress.... Well I'm signing off now so, good luck, and keep making games! :thumbsup-left::D:thumbsup-right:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  3. DustZero

DustZero Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @TriceratopsX Thanks, it'll be up soon. I hope we won't disappoint.

4. Suoish

Suoish 20% Sloth Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [​IMG]
    Coming This Weekend

Going through some final bouts of testing, getting the description written, then the files uploaded.

Get ready to sell to the dead!

Project Page: https://maskedintrovert.itch.io/recondite

5. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ok. I’m finally at the proper testing phase and so far there’s 42 mins of gameplay. And I’m not even at the second dungeon.... I thought I made a short game. Clearly I did not. On the plus side, all my data basing paid off. The enemies are beatable, some battles easy and some hard.

Finding lots of bugs though.

6. Enigma_Productions

Enigma_Productions Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Paladin-Cleric of Awesome
    Hey man don't worry to much about it my game is only around 10 to 15 mins. I'm mainly concerned with ways I can improve for future games so I don't mind the length.

Just focus on quality not the quantity.:kaopride:

7. Nicola

Nicola Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi everyone!

I've had a lot of fun reading through all of people's highlights as well as problems in their games over the last few weeks, it's always good to know you're not the only one with earth shatteringly bad errors at points in the game. I was a bit anxious to join the forum as you never know what it's going to be like, but it honestly has been really uplifting for me.

The IGMC has been a fantastic creative outlet and I'm actually really sad it's ending. It's been great to work with my partner as well as having my dad writing the music.

I am however very excited to be at the stage where I can play everyone's games - woohoo!

If anybody is interested in mine, I have just uploaded it at https://nicolaigmc.itch.io/congas

Commodore Snaps!!
    [​IMG]
    He be snapping.

Thank you everyone, the support along the way meant a lot to me.

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome: Keep at it :)! Really looking forward to playing your game, you've been through so many difficulties! Just remember to allow a lot of time for uploading it, mine took flipping ages to upload!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  8. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aaaaaahhh!!! I'm live!
    [​IMG] https://rhino.itch.io/lost-boy [​IMG]

Hopefully there are no major bugs because I never want to see this game again. :kaomad3:

Got to finish up some real life stuff and then I'm going to have some quality time with some of these submissions. :kaoluv:

@JacobM Your game looks unreal! If I didn't recognise the menu I would have accused you of trying to enter a non-RM game. I'm so excited for this one!

@Blair Pendragon I love the style you went for, this is definitely going on my to-play list!

@Plueschkatze I hope you guys make it up in time. I'm so ready to feast my eyes on all your beautiful artwork!

@OnslaughtSupply I'm interested to see your side scrolling battles. You made this with MV?

@Kyuukon Should I be terrified? What is the rating for this/without giving away too much, are there going to be things like jumpscares or is it more psychological? I'd like to play but I'm very much a wimp when it comes to horror :guffaw: I don't want to give myself nightmares...

@Llareian I have not tried it yet, but I did notice from your screenshot that there's a lot of empty space on right hand side of the textbox, which is definitely a pet peeve of mine. If you have the time, I'd recommend either using a wordwrap plugin so you don't have to worry about lines (although things can sometimes go wrong), or trying this tool by mogwai which lets you use a custom font and size to see how it'll fit in MV without having to constantly go back and forth playtesting.

@just1witness Your page is a little mysterious but very intriguing. It sounds like it'll be an emotional rollercoaster, and I hope you get all the bugs squashed in time!

9. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Rhino Thank you! And don't worry.
    There's one scene left to be completed and polished, everything else is done,
    even the itch.io page is already ready for the game to be uploaded and set to public ;)
    Your game looks really great. I'll check that one out, too. (I should make a list of all those I wanna play!)

Everyone! Finish strong! And get some well deserved rest afterwards! <3

10. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finally! Done! Ok, maybe within the next day may upload another build with minor tweaks, but our entry is more or less done!
    You can see it here:

[​IMG]

I must say this game was definitely a team effort. It simply could not have existed within such a short time frame without the fantastic efforts of everyone on the team. Will put up forum page with more details later. But whew, finally, we made it!

11. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't know if I'm going to finish, but darn it, I'm going to try and have something up today hahaha. If not, I'm still going to finish the game, as I just need a few more days to get there if I can't finish tonight. However, I am close. I can taste it. The final push! Good luck all!

12. Kinokoio

Kinokoio Still drawing a custom avatar Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  13. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :p Not really. It's just a bit "dark" but not at all scary.

That said, I'm now working on some balance issues and little bugs/typos I spotted late T.T

14. Dama

Dama Veteran Veteran

15. JacobM

JacobM Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Rhino Thanks a ton! I really appreciate it. ^_^

Since my last post, I've updated my game, fixing a save breaking bug and some dialogue:
    https://drassray.itch.io/the-last-boy-on-earth

Thanks everyone who's played and added feedback so far, but I could always use more before the contest is officially over.
    So many great looking entries so far! :D

16. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rhino yes RMMV.
    I used Mog Hunter's LMBS to accomplish it.
    I like your color scheme in your screen shots. Kind of an 80's vibe.

17. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  18. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a list of about 6 minor things that I need to fix but everything seems pretty solid so far. I think I'm going to have to rearrange some doors to cut down on a little backtracking in hopes of getting the time down. It takes me right around an hour to beat but because of my familiarity with the game, I need to trim as much time off as possible because it'll take others longer. I also may need to cut down the difficulty a bit.

sorabokki, Tea's Jams and Nicola like this.
  19. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha! This made me laugh! ;)

sorabokki likes this.
  20. Stefanos

Stefanos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I would really like an outsider to tell me if I submitted my entry properly, since I am really not sure. From my perspective, it appears one can access my DropBox folder, but I cannot tell on my own if the game works from there. https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/190677

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sorabokki and Tea's Jams like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.