2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GanguEevee

GanguEevee ~Graceful Assassin~

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I have registered on the forums to tell you all....THAT I'M NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO PUT MY ENTRY IN TIME AND I'M SORRY
    ...Ahem. First off, hi. I'm GanguEevee, someone who submitted that one game to the 2015 IGMC on a rush. You know, that game with slimes and a succubus and her panties. Yeah, that one. I wanted to make a sequel to it through this contest, but yet again, school, laziness and me working on some other things made that process a lot more harder. I knew that I would probably not win (seriously, look at all the 'good' entries in this contest), but I wanted to at least try again. I wanted to do this to support my family by getting one of the cash prizes and stuff. My mom has been doing a few jobs everyday, which doesn't really give that much money. I thought entering this contest again and actually making something worth a dayum would lead to me getting said prize an actual possibility. But alas, it seems I might not be able to get this done in time. I'm still going to finish said game, because I really don't want to be left in the dust.

...Sorry for rambling.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Marquise*, woobv and just1witness like this.
  2. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was wrong. It seemed to work in Windows 8 because my executable deployed in the same folder as my project. This mean that there was a www/save folder in the same directory so saving worked just fine. In order to save, it appears, you have to have that folder sitting along side the executable unless you have some plug-in that changes where save files go. It was too late in the game for me to throw in a new plug-in so I just zipped up the exe with the www/save folder and the requested credits file and it works. So if anyone else runs into this issue, that's your quick and dirty solution at the zero hour.

And while I'm at it, here is my game. It's an action-adventure game about Eremiel, the angel who according to Hebrew apocrypha, watches over the entrance to the Abyss and guides the departed souls into Heaven when their time down there through. One day, the gate goes quiet and souls stop coming. Eremiel must journey in the Abyss to discover what has happened, uncover who is responsible and what their sinister plan is.

Game play is pretty straight-forward. You blast your way through the Abyss with holy angelic powers, rescue trapped souls, collect power ups, upgrade your weapon and armor and fight demon bosses. It pretty much what you'd expect from a retro action game, but of course that makes it very different from the usual RPG Maker game. The story-line gets pretty deep and emotional, too. I'm very happy with the way this one turned out. I hope all enjoy it.

Eremiel Forum.png

Download Link

Sorry about the bare-bones itchio cover page. I really cut it down to the wire. I'll try to at least get a few screenshots up before the deadline. I promise you that it's really fun.

Good luck everyone! For all of those who completed and submitted a game, Congratulations! I look forward to playing them. Hopefully you enjoy mine as well. :)

3. G_Sholar

G_Sholar Warper

First Language:
    ENG
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Marquise*, Frogboy, woobv and 3 others like this.
  4. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Frogboy I was just going to ask if you were missing the www/save folder. That's a problem on certain versions of MV (1.4.x I think?), but has been fixed in the current version.

5. Allan Bays

Allan Bays Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is super fun! Reminds me of gauntlet.

6. Huassassin

Huassassin Villager

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Congratulations everyone on your games! Unfortunatelly I didn`t even get close to finishing my project, but im really looking forward to trying out a lot of entries. Good luck in the competition and hopefully see ya all next year too! ;)

7. Mister Kent

Mister Kent Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Disappointed I won't be able to enter this year, but everyone else's entries look so good! :D

woobv and just1witness like this.
  8. Geoff Moore

Geoff Moore Composer for Hire

First Language:
    English
    I promised myself I'd finish in plenty of time this year, but here I am hitting submit at 3:00 AM with 5 hours left on the clock : )

Play here: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/191329

Bedtime now, I'll make a thread for the game tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

scr1.png

Susan, Marquise*, Llareian and 9 others like this.
  9. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! And thanks for playing my game! I guess I know whose entry I'll try out first once I catch my breath from this past month.

Yes, the game play is definitely Gauntlet-like. I wanted to see how well I could pull off a full-blown action game.

10. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    We're done.
    We finally published our game "Dear Edwin"!

Thanks to @Gabrelik @hiddenone and @futrchamp for the AMAZING time! <3
    I'll gonna miss these long discord hangouts! Haha.
    I'll take 1-2 days off and will get back to commissions that are still waiting to be finished afterwards! =3

[​IMG]

For anyone curious:
    https://lazybumstudio.itch.io/dear-edwin

I hope everyone had a great time! Can't wait to play a few of those games and give you some feedback on your hard work! :kaojoy:

Marquise*, Llareian, woobv and 9 others like this.
  11. Lucksmith

Lucksmith Warper

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow, what a ride it has been!
    I've played with RPGmaker over the years, but this is the first time I've deployed a finished product.

I want to thank my students for being beta-testers and my family for being editors. Good luck everyone!

12. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, everybody...we made it in! And just in time, too! Would love to get some feedback from everybody, if you all aren't already too exhausted. It's been a crazy month, but I am SO excited to see what some of these games look like! Good luck to everyone who participated!

Here are the two links. One for the itch.io, and one for our game thread. We also set up a fun little hide and seek that you can read about on the thread. Happy hunting! :D

Entry and Download

Our Game Thread for feedback

Marquise*, Llareian, Frogboy and 3 others like this.
  13. Macbeth

Macbeth Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Aaaaaand we are live and into the contest! Terribly "last minute" but let's hope for the best!

https://linked-rooms-games.itch.io/kanti-nida

Hope you all have fun trying our game and KUDOS to everyone for all the effort into making a game in such a small amount of time :D

14. motta

motta Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh wow such a beautiful game, i'm looking forward playing it and sending a feedback after college tomorrow...

15. DustZero

DustZero Villager

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh man, that was some tough work but hopefully we managed to pull through. We were busy fixing fatal bugs right up to the end. I hope everything worked out.

Here it is my friends:
    [​IMG]

Link:
    https://eighth-exodus.itch.io/dietotenmaske

Thanks to you all who participated! This was an amazing experience, and good luck to you all!

I will be busy playing every single game that was submitted, but for now I shall rest...

16. aLvhine---

aLvhine--- Villager

First Language:
    English
    Just uploading my game with 1 hour, 36 minutes before the deadline! OMG!!
    "John de TNT": https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/191423
    Thanks to the forums for submission tutorial.
    So I can submit without fail.

Marquise*, Llareian, Frogboy and 4 others like this.
  17. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
  18. Gigglemoo

Gigglemoo Member Title

A big congratulations to everyone who finished. Y'all deserve it!

This is mine:
    https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/191429

It wasn't what I was working on last week. I had notepad open a couple nights ago and this monstrosity came pouring out. Depression Level 50. You can guess what it's about, and you'd be right. This isn't the place for that though. :)

Super looking forward to playing all your games. Excited to see what our entries page will look like in the morning. It jumped today from barely a hundred to now over 200. We should stop waiting until the last minute next time!

19. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Lord Joshington III, slayer of the silk Minotaur.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @slimmmeiske2 Yeah, when I play it there's no... text, >_> like at ALL, not sure if somehow it's a problem on my end :)unsure:) or what, and I'm aware that this is probably not the best thing to tell you right now, and I'm sorry for that, but without ANY sort of text I can't imagine getting very far :(

Marquise*, woobv and just1witness like this.
  20. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman

First Language:
    English
    My game is currently uploading, but I don't think it's going to make it on time. It's ready to go with a few quests, but my internet speed sucks so badly.

21. just1witness

just1witness Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    DING DONG THE TIME IS UP!!

This is my last daily post... Ho hum.

Congratulations to everyone who finished!! Good job : D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.