Not open for further replies.

GanguEevee

~Graceful Assassin~
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have registered on the forums to tell you all....THAT I'M NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO PUT MY ENTRY IN TIME AND I'M SORRY
...Ahem. First off, hi. I'm GanguEevee, someone who submitted that one game to the 2015 IGMC on a rush. You know, that game with slimes and a succubus and her panties. Yeah, that one. I wanted to make a sequel to it through this contest, but yet again, school, laziness and me working on some other things made that process a lot more harder. I knew that I would probably not win (seriously, look at all the 'good' entries in this contest), but I wanted to at least try again. I wanted to do this to support my family by getting one of the cash prizes and stuff. My mom has been doing a few jobs everyday, which doesn't really give that much money. I thought entering this contest again and actually making something worth a damn would lead to me getting said prize an actual possibility. But alas, it seems I might not be able to get this done in time. I'm still going to finish said game, because I really don't want to be left in the dust.

...Sorry for rambling.

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frogboy you say it works on Win8 but not on Win10? Then I'd say it's because of program writing permissions. Make sure to let the players know they have the "Execute it as administrator" checked in the installation notes. Other than that no idea.

I'm now uploading the (now final pl0x!) build. Did some more balancing. Now the final fight is a real challenge I think >:')
I was wrong. It seemed to work in Windows 8 because my executable deployed in the same folder as my project. This mean that there was a www/save folder in the same directory so saving worked just fine. In order to save, it appears, you have to have that folder sitting along side the executable unless you have some plug-in that changes where save files go. It was too late in the game for me to throw in a new plug-in so I just zipped up the exe with the www/save folder and the requested credits file and it works. So if anyone else runs into this issue, that's your quick and dirty solution at the zero hour.

And while I'm at it, here is my game. It's an action-adventure game about Eremiel, the angel who according to Hebrew apocrypha, watches over the entrance to the Abyss and guides the departed souls into Heaven when their time down there through. One day, the gate goes quiet and souls stop coming. Eremiel must journey in the Abyss to discover what has happened, uncover who is responsible and what their sinister plan is.

Game play is pretty straight-forward. You blast your way through the Abyss with holy angelic powers, rescue trapped souls, collect power ups, upgrade your weapon and armor and fight demon bosses. It pretty much what you'd expect from a retro action game, but of course that makes it very different from the usual RPG Maker game. The story-line gets pretty deep and emotional, too. I'm very happy with the way this one turned out. I hope all enjoy it.

Eremiel Forum.png

Download Link

Sorry about the bare-bones itchio cover page. I really cut it down to the wire. I'll try to at least get a few screenshots up before the deadline. I promise you that it's really fun.

Good luck everyone! For all of those who completed and submitted a game, Congratulations! I look forward to playing them. Hopefully you enjoy mine as well. :)

Allan Bays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wrong. It seemed to work in Windows 8 because my executable deployed in the same folder as my project. This mean that there was a www/save folder in the same directory so saving worked just fine. In order to save, it appears, you have to have that folder sitting along side the executable unless you have some plug-in that changes where save files go. It was too late in the game for me to throw in a new plug-in so I just zipped up the exe with the www/save folder and the requested credits file and it works. So if anyone else runs into this issue, that's your quick and dirty solution at the zero hour.

And while I'm at it, here is my game. It's an action-adventure game about Eremiel, the angel who according to Hebrew apocrypha, watches over the entrance to the Abyss and guides the departed souls into Heaven when their time down there through. One day, the gate goes quiet and souls stop coming. Eremiel must journey in the Abyss to discover what has happened, uncover who is responsible and what their sinister plan is.

Game play is pretty straight-forward. You blast your way through the Abyss with holy angelic powers, rescue trapped souls, collect power ups, upgrade your weapon and armor and fight demon bosses. It pretty much what you'd expect from a retro action game, but of course that makes it very different from the usual RPG Maker game. The story-line gets pretty deep and emotional, too. I'm very happy with the way this one turned out. I hope all enjoy it.

View attachment 75740

Download Link

Sorry about the bare-bones itchio cover page. I really cut it down to the wire. I'll try to at least get a few screenshots up before the deadline. I promise you that it's really fun.

Good luck everyone! For all of those who completed and submitted a game, Congratulations! I look forward to playing them. Hopefully you enjoy mine as well. :)
This is super fun! Reminds me of gauntlet.

Huassassin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations everyone on your games! Unfortunatelly I didn`t even get close to finishing my project, but im really looking forward to trying out a lot of entries. Good luck in the competition and hopefully see ya all next year too! ;)

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is super fun! Reminds me of gauntlet.
Thanks! And thanks for playing my game! I guess I know whose entry I'll try out first once I catch my breath from this past month.

Yes, the game play is definitely Gauntlet-like. I wanted to see how well I could pull off a full-blown action game.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
We're done.
We finally published our game "Dear Edwin"!

Thanks to @Gabrelik @hiddenone and @futrchamp for the AMAZING time! <3
I'll gonna miss these long discord hangouts! Haha.
I'll take 1-2 days off and will get back to commissions that are still waiting to be finished afterwards! =3

For anyone curious:
https://lazybumstudio.itch.io/dear-edwin

I hope everyone had a great time! Can't wait to play a few of those games and give you some feedback on your hard work! :kaojoy:

Lucksmith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, what a ride it has been!
I've played with RPGmaker over the years, but this is the first time I've deployed a finished product.

I want to thank my students for being beta-testers and my family for being editors. Good luck everyone!

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, everybody...we made it in! And just in time, too! Would love to get some feedback from everybody, if you all aren't already too exhausted. It's been a crazy month, but I am SO excited to see what some of these games look like! Good luck to everyone who participated!

Here are the two links. One for the itch.io, and one for our game thread. We also set up a fun little hide and seek that you can read about on the thread. Happy hunting! :D

Entry and Download

Our Game Thread for feedback

motta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We're done.
We finally published our game "Dear Edwin"!

Thanks to @Gabrelik @hiddenone and @futrchamp for the AMAZING time! <3
I'll gonna miss these long discord hangouts! Haha.
I'll take 1-2 days off and will get back to commissions that are still waiting to be finished afterwards! =3

For anyone curious:
https://lazybumstudio.itch.io/dear-edwin

I hope everyone had a great time! Can't wait to play a few of those games and give you some feedback on your hard work! :kaojoy:
Oh wow such a beautiful game, i'm looking forward playing it and sending a feedback after college tomorrow...

DustZero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh man, that was some tough work but hopefully we managed to pull through. We were busy fixing fatal bugs right up to the end. I hope everything worked out.

Here it is my friends:

Link:
https://eighth-exodus.itch.io/dietotenmaske

Thanks to you all who participated! This was an amazing experience, and good luck to you all!

I will be busy playing every single game that was submitted, but for now I shall rest...

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
A big congratulations to everyone who finished. Y'all deserve it!

This is mine:
https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/191429

It wasn't what I was working on last week. I had notepad open a couple nights ago and this monstrosity came pouring out. Depression Level 50. You can guess what it's about, and you'd be right. This isn't the place for that though. :)

Super looking forward to playing all your games. Excited to see what our entries page will look like in the morning. It jumped today from barely a hundred to now over 200. We should stop waiting until the last minute next time!

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@slimmmeiske2 Yeah, when I play it there's no... text, >_> like at ALL, not sure if somehow it's a problem on my end :)unsure:) or what, and I'm aware that this is probably not the best thing to tell you right now, and I'm sorry for that, but without ANY sort of text I can't imagine getting very far :(

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My game is currently uploading, but I don't think it's going to make it on time. It's ready to go with a few quests, but my internet speed sucks so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.
The project I am working on is going great at the moment. I'm hoping everyone is having as successful a time as I am. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xephiers